BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

5 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Vinjay will be delighted. 

Already said it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up screwing the club at some point to get his way (particularly after the club supported him on that court issue) so why would this surprise me?  It would be nice if someone joined the club and said they looked up to people like Jack Walker but it's more likely egotists obsessed with a knighthood appeal to most footballers.

Edited by Vinjay17

Bradley is showing all the signs of a transfer saga.

Agent making up interest from Spurs - check.

The Sun say he's on the verge of an England call up - check

Sky Sports Soccer Saturday panel say he's too good for this league - check

Soccer AM feature - check 

Time to start aggressively planning for the future, Tony.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Off to Leeds in January hence the Brereton cash or is this just a rumour from sources in Ewood and Leeds?

I don't see how Leeds can afford him. There's one thing spending 15m in this league, but surely Dack would be 20+?

I would think he would favour a southern transfer anyway. I can see Watford / Bournemouth.

I agree on both counts, and possibly worth more bearing in mind the stats quoted above in comparison to Grealish, even without his overall performances being sparkling. But if his clause is £15m, we don't get a chance to accept or reject right? It's down to the player. So surely if we rejected it, either there is no clause or it's more than £15m.

Considering countless other things (whether players, status, etc) this club has lost I doubt anyone will be covering themselves in petrol outside Ewood if he leaves. The club is trying to get promoted not break into the EPL top 4 spots. At a certain level I think clubs can lose their most valuable assets and still have the same aspirations. Whenever Blackburn Rovers haven't been in the top flight there's been realistic aspirations of getting there. Dack isn't that important or irreplaceable. I'm pretty sure United won't be interested. I doubt Spurs are.

The problem is there's several questions yet to be answered with Dack never mind without him. Losing what many consider to be the most valuable playing asset might make those questions tougher. Then again if Mowbray is good enough to win promotion from this League (of course he already has but several managers have "one hit" so to speak) shouldn't he be able to replace Dack? Especially if he isn't sold to another Championship club. 

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Considering countless other things (whether players, status, etc) this club has lost I doubt anyone will be covering themselves in petrol outside Ewood if he leaves. The club is trying to get promoted not break into the EPL top 4 spots. At a certain level I think clubs can lose their most valuable assets and still have the same aspirations. Whenever Blackburn Rovers haven't been in the top flight there's been realistic aspirations of getting there. Dack isn't that important or irreplaceable. I'm pretty sure United won't be interested. I doubt Spurs are.

The problem is there's several questions yet to be answered with Dack never mind without him. Losing what many consider to be the most valuable playing asset might make those questions tougher. Then again if Mowbray is good enough to win promotion from this League (of course he already has but several managers have "one hit" so to speak) shouldn't he be able to replace Dack? Especially if he isn't sold to another Championship club. 

Losing Dack would not be the end of the world - for the right price of course. TM could do a lot with the money, assuming our esteemed owners trusted him with it (not a given I know). But surely he needs to be kept until the summerv(and should be happy to stay here until then), unless we're out of the playoff picture altogether by then, which is looking highly unlikely ATM. Otherwise the club would be giving off totally the wrong vibes to fans, players & the opposition, especially if it's to Leeds or WBA etc. - back to the dark days like when Cairney left for Fulham.

5 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Akto, heard this week's ago

Just so I can keep track here...

Dacks got a 15m release clause

Rovers rejected WBAs 15m bid

Leeds are going to offer 20m despite Dack having a 15m release clause and Rovers rejecting a 15m bid.

Right?

• Like 3