BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:35, Vinjay17 said:

Speaking of Henchoz he was Berg's replacement. Younger, lower fee  and while Berg didn't exactly end his playing career in obscurity look who lasted longer. As it happens Henchoz wasn't exactly unknown to United either but he chose to join Rovers and his former international manager Hodgson. United fans go on about Shearer he wasn't the only one who chose Rovers (in 1992 anyway and unlike Dalglish at that point Ferguson hadn't even won a league title talk about arrogance) over United. Sutton did. Donis did (for what that's worth)

Roy Boy's only  quality signing.

13 hours ago, Silas said:

That's bad news for us then.

When a West Ham bid comes in January, he'll be keen to move to the area.  

Funnily enough a Hammers mate of mine with connections at the club got in touch before the rumours surfaced to say they were definitely scouting him with a view to a potential bid in January. I was hoping we'd have him for the season but I think the V's will be seriously tested come the New Year.

• Backroom
38 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Funnily enough a Hammers mate of mine with connections at the club got in touch before the rumours surfaced to say they were definitely scouting him with a view to a potential bid in January. I was hoping we'd have him for the season but I think the V's will be seriously tested come the New Year.

I'm already counting him as gone.

Surely anything 15 mill upwards and the owners/club would want to sell, and he'd couldn't turn down his first oppurtunity to play in the Prem.

And I wouldn't blame either of them. We need the money badly.

And without him I reckon we'd still be languishing in League 1.

So as gutted as I would be, and I do think it would de-rail our season, I've accepted it as an inevitability.

If we manage to keep him till end of season it would be a Brucie Bonus. 

29 minutes ago, Silas said:

Do we? Surely if we were that desperate for cash we'd have snapped off WBA's hand when they came calling in the summer, yet all the reports suggest we rebuffed their approach. Since then we've spent millions on a bench player. Also since then Mowbray has gone on record at the Fans Meeting saying he won't be sold in January and that if/when he does go it will be for a hefty fee. Waggott was suggesting astronomical amounts in recent meetings in terms of what would be needed to sell.

We all know he could be signed by a Premier League club at some stage or other but I do believe there is an element of mischief making going on which Rovers fans play right into. Certain individuals in the media and elsewhere can't resist it whenever a Rovers player begins to play well.

Edited by JHRover

West Ham have been playing 4-4-2 recently so Dack doesnt fit that at all. 

I dont see Rovers selling Dack in January. Mowbray has said this on the record and i dont think he would have said this otherwise unless the owners said deffo staying regarding of the money. Asking price has to be plus 30 mil pounds for. 

15 million pounds is well below his valuation

• Backroom

30 million is not going to happen; I imagine he’ll end up going for the magic £17-£18m price like with Phil Jones .

Will wish him all the best as well he’s done his job here and earned it when it comes.

Of course would prefer to see him in the top flight with us.

I still have some caution about his lastability (not with Essex lady) and for him and us it may be a case of striking when the iron is hot.

53 minutes ago, Tom said:

30 million is not going to happen; I imagine he’ll end up going for the magic £17-£18m price like with Phil Jones .

Will wish him all the best as well he’s done his job here and earned it when it comes.

I still have some caution about his lastability (not with Essex lady) and for him and us it may be a case of striking when the iron is hot.

Did Bentley and Duff not go for 17 million too? Too be fair, if he doesn’t go in January it will be in the summer. If we were to get around 20m for him that would be hard to turn down, and I’m sure Dack himself would find it hard to turn down a move like that too. We’ll cross this bridge when it comes too it ;) 

19 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Unbelievable when I’d never heard of him just 18 months ago. What a signing.

5/10 transfers over all though right? I mean surely we should’ve signed more than one player from the third tier who is seen as top level ready...! 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

West Ham have been playing 4-4-2 recently so Dack doesnt fit that at all. 

I dont see Rovers selling Dack in January. Mowbray has said this on the record and i dont think he would have said this otherwise unless the owners said deffo staying regarding of the money. Asking price has to be plus 30 mil pounds for. 

15 million pounds is well below his valuation

Whilst I agree with you in terms of not quite understanding why people seem to have resigned themselves to Dack leaving in January. Im not naive enough to think anyone is unsellable. If its not even possible then you wouldnt even need to mention an asking price. Look at players like Bale and Ronaldo, even they were sold eventually as everyone has a price.

It will be a monumental blow for us to lose someone we are so reliant on so lets hope hes here for the forseeable future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Totally agree Tom. I think if a Prem club offered anything like £18m then the club would surely accept that. He’s been a great buy for us but I would suggest he’s found his level with us.

I doubt he is of top Prem quality. But if he wants to be with his Essex girlfriend then West Ham might suit him.

1 hour ago, tonygreenbank said:

Totally agree Tom. I think if a Prem club offered anything like £18m then the club would surely accept that. He’s been a great buy for us but I would suggest he’s found his level with us.

I doubt he is of top Prem quality. But if he wants to be with his Essex girlfriend then West Ham might suit him.

I think he could potentially be top flight material - lets face it, he is attracting clubs for his performances in the Championship after all. There is only one more step to make and he has to be among the highest scoring midfielders/attacking midfielders in the division so far. English, still young enough.

Not only that but he makes us tick creatively, he is the man that more often than not makes things happen. Even when he is marked out of a game and is less effective, you can bet he will still be involved in anything good going on in the forward department.

I think around better players he could really shine tbh - he has a lot on his shoulders here as he 'is' the spark, the creativeness most of the time - who else is there? Reed is the energy but when it comes to a clever pass, a clever run, taking on a player, that technique and control, there is nobody else in our team. Palmer perhaps has some of that but he isnt ours.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Whilst I agree with you in terms of not quite understanding why people seem to have resigned themselves to Dack leaving in January. Im not naive enough to think anyone is unsellable. If its not even possible then you wouldnt even need to mention an asking price. Look at players like Bale and Ronaldo, even they were sold eventually as everyone has a price.

It will be a monumental blow for us to lose someone we are so reliant on so lets hope hes here for the forseeable future.

never said he is unsellable but that my opinion wont sell him in January. 

I don't see him as Wesy Ham type of player and someone they really need tbh from what ive seen of their team

• Backroom
6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Do we? Surely if we were that desperate for cash we'd have snapped off WBA's hand when they came calling in the summer, yet all the reports suggest we rebuffed their approach. Since then we've spent millions on a bench player. Also since then Mowbray has gone on record at the Fans Meeting saying he won't be sold in January and that if/when he does go it will be for a hefty fee. Waggott was suggesting astronomical amounts in recent meetings in terms of what would be needed to sell.

Well I hope your right on all that, I really do.

I just have a feeling it's time. 

Thing is 20 mill is actually a bargain nowadays for a Prem club to gamble on a player that might be a gem. 

With all the hype he's generated I can't see how at least a couple of clubs won't give it a crack. 

And he seems to be still termed as young,  but he's 25 in a few weeks. The clock's ticking, he deserves a go at the top level.

And are any of us confident of Rovers getting there in next 18 months? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

never said he is unsellable but that my opinion wont sell him in January. 

I don't see him as Wesy Ham type of player and someone they really need tbh from what ive seen of their team

Well they are/have been scouting him as I’ve said, Chaddy. Let’s wait and see.

I genuinely don't think this guy will ever reach his full potential. His body shape, lifestyle, fame chasing and general lack of dedication (and IQ) will, in my opinion, be his downfall sooner rather than later (I have the feeling he'll end up injury prone, much like Dunn did).

If we sell him for more than £20m, he'll never fetch anywhere near that again. However, he undoubtedly still has a lot to offer us in the immediate present/ future.

I hink we need to sell him whilst his stock is high, but try to get every last bit of worth out of him first. My instinct says the summer would be the best time to get shut, but time will tell.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Silas said:

I'm already counting him as gone.

Surely anything 15 mill upwards and the owners/club would want to sell, and he'd couldn't turn down his first oppurtunity to play in the Prem.

And without him I reckon we'd still be languishing in League 1.

So as gutted as I would be, and I do think it would de-rail our season, I've accepted it as an inevitability.

If we manage to keep him till end of season it would be a Brucie Bonus. 

I don't think we need the money, nor will we accept 15 million. Could you really imagine him leaving for that little? Not a hope. It will be 25 million, at least. Sam Clucas went form Hull to Swansea for 19 million. Burnley signed Jeff Hendrick for 14 million. Neither are half the player Dack is. 

4 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

I know this sounds cynical but you could say there's some deliberation there. Or maybe I'm just looking at his disingenuous hero Beckham. You only have to look at the knighthood stories to sum that egomaniac up. 

Jesus Christ.

Aaaanyway...

Low key I’m starting to think that a Premier League side would have to be mad to spend £20m on him. Similarily a Championship club betting the farm on bringing him in. Particularly in January.

He’s so effective for us because we’ve built the team around him - I’m not sure he’s going to go into a team of superstars and make a difference half way through a season...

Might be wishful thinking. I reckon Palace should be looking tbh.