BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Similar to above, that could end in catastrophe.

Selling the ONLY creative player we currently have in the squad with even an ounce of consistency to his game and trusting Mowbray with his current track record to replace him could see us dragged into a relegation dog fight.

11 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Jesus Christ.

Aaaanyway...

Low key I’m starting to think that a Premier League side would have to be mad to spend £20m on him. Similarily a Championship club betting the farm on bringing him in. Particularly in January.

He’s so effective for us because we’ve built the team around him - I’m not sure he’s going to go into a team of superstars and make a difference half way through a season...

Might be wishful thinking. I reckon Palace should be looking tbh.

Im not sure thats entirely fair. He plays in his favoured position but playing the most long balls in the league is hardly playing to his strengths.

11 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Anything in the 20m range and he is a goner. Hopefully Tony gets it all to spend.

Might be a blessing in disguise, we change back to the 4-4-2 like we should be playing.

One of those blessing in disguises whereby the second striker we currently play who scores on average every other game (and assists too) is removed?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Anything in the 20m range and he is a goner. Hopefully Tony gets it all to spend.

Might be a blessing in disguise, we change back to the 4-4-2 like we should be playing.

Why should we be playing 4-4-2? 

What other championship team play that formation most games? 

Would it not leave us outnumbered in centre midfield alot? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you seen our midfield lately. We play with two so called holding midfielders and are regularly overrun.

Dont get a fascination with 2 up top, when our strike pairing including a second striker have scored so many goals between them and are doing so well together.

The likelihood would be that whoever came in as a second striker instead of Dack would score less than him, and Dack out of position would almost certainly lose much of his goal threat.

If theres one area of our team that is working and can stay as it is, its Dack and Graham as a partnership.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Doesn't matter how many we play in there, we tend to look outnumbered.

On Dack as someone above said, whatever fee he leaves us for, I don't see him ever commanding a higher one.

Edited by Songman

I don't think he'll go in January. TM has said so more than once.. I take that to mean there's a tacit deal between the Club and the player that, unless we are in the Premiership at the end of the season ( highly unlikely) he'll be allowed to leave in the summer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't think he'll go in January. TM has said so more than once.. I take that to mean there's a tacit deal between the Club and the player that, unless we are in the Premiership at the end of the season ( highly unlikely) he'll be allowed to leave in the summer.

Why are we looking at new contract talks with him then?

As I've said before, it will all depend on whether there is a release clause in his latest contract. If there is and there is sufficient interest then it's out of our hands to a large extent. Conversely if there isn't, then with him just having signed a new deal the ball's in our Court and we can either refuse to contemplate a sale or demand something completely ridiculous for him.

Personally I would say selling him voluntarily in January would be fairly suicidal. Maybe a sale in the summer would give us slightly more chance to try and make alternative plans. In my opinion you never prosper selling your best players though. You have to keep hold of them and build round them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Seems a load of bunkum, but as I’ve posted before they have been heavily watching him:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=133103

Very poorly written. They are saying we picked him up when in the Championship from L1 Gils and that his first season at this level got him 18 goals from 42 appearances.