BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Just now, Darrenbot said:

I can see a team like West Ham making a last day bid for him,could do with those contract talks getting done in the next 24/48 hrs to ward people off making a bid.

You're not related to Adrian Mole's lad are you?!!!  :)

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Dack is just the sort of player that a lot of teams in the relegation battle are missing. Not good enough to help them stay up, but someone that will stay with them and be able to help them bounce back. 

Dack simply doesn't have the physical abilities necessary to be able to thrive at a higher level. He's found his perfect spot right now, maybe he's aware of that. 

I don't know, I think Dack could actually make it as a Premier League number 10. He's exceptionally gifted. I could see a bottom half team giving him a whirl.

If we don't go up this season I think he's a gonner to be honest. Someone will bite.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I don't know, I think Dack could actually make it as a Premier League number 10. He's exceptionally gifted. I could see a bottom half team giving him a whirl.

If we don't go up this season I think he's a gonner to be honest. Someone will bite.

It’d be to a team we pass on the way up.

He’ll stay. One more season. At least.

Edited by S8 & Blue

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not that we should entertain anything like that but if interest did materialise from Southampton it would be Dack in exchange for £10 million, Reed and Gallagher.

Interesting, even Austin and Reed. Are Southampton getting rid of any other talent?

• Backroom
12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Utter nonsense. He's strong as an Ox and with decent pace. Sigurdsson went for £40m at one point in his career. He has similar 'physical abilities' to Dack.

Agreed. I think people trot out the 'he's not physical enough' line because at first glance Dack isn't the tallest or most intimidating looking bloke, but he's got a very stocky frame and knows exactly how to use it to shield the ball and hold off opponents. You don't have consistently good seasons in League 1 if you have no physical presence. 

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Agreed. I think people trot out the 'he's not physical enough' line because at first glance Dack isn't the tallest or most intimidating looking bloke, but he's got a very stocky frame and knows exactly how to use it to shield the ball and hold off opponents. You don't have consistently good seasons in League 1 if you have no physical presence. 

He really does use his arse well.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DE. said:

Physically he's fine but for me he lacks a yard of pace to be a true Premier League player.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Physically he's fine but for me he lacks a yard of pace to be a true Premier League player.

He'd have to compensate for that with very quick thinking and excellent positioning. I think he has it in his locker, but it's a question of whether he has the mentality to consistently do it week-in week-out. 

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Two observations

Rovers have scored some cracking goals in the 18 months Dack has been with us, and

Dack's distribution is fabulous- I don't think that gets enough notice. 

Rovers also missed a lot of sitters too. Lots of 1 on 1's straight at the keeper.

Whilst Id love him to stay, if I put myself in his shoes...I'm 25 and have ambitions to make it in the premier league having never currently played there. Im off at the first offer from a prem team as the opportunity may never come again. One bad season or injury would see his stock fall.

The ideal is if we get promoted with him. 

• Like 6