BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

2 hours ago, benhben said:

Whilst Id love him to stay, if I put myself in his shoes...I'm 25 and have ambitions to make it in the premier league having never currently played there. Im off at the first offer from a prem team as the opportunity may never come again. One bad season or injury would see his stock fall.

The ideal is if we get promoted with him. 

Absolutely...all footballers will want to play at the highest level and test themselves against the best. They look at their peers up there, what they're achieving, what they're earning and their ultimate goal is to get there themselves. Dack probably does love it here and I bet he enjoyed playing football for the Gils too but he will have ambitions of making as good a career as he can. Possible England honors too should he make the step up - its a no-brainer unfortunately should a prem club come in for him.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Husky said:

Proper piss-taking on Quest Football show.

They showed Dack's miss with the commentary - Blackburn would have won if  the Rovers player hadn't gone from "Bradley Dack to Bradley DOH!".

Doh!.jpg

Quite simply I think he didn't score because he was knackered. He saw Armstrong looking to whip the ball in but his legs just wouldn't get him there.

• 3 months later...
Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Anyone follow Bradley's Mrs on Instagram? Seems as though they are on pretty much their 4th holiday since the season ended. With plenty of uploads of them drinking, clubbing etc. In stark contrast to other rovers players uploading themselves in personal training sessions.

14 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I havent seen this, but in general I see little to no point in getting hung up on social media over the summer, especially in terms of judging whether players are keeping on top of their fitness whilst on holiday. Didnt the whole team go to Las Vegas last year after promotion? People use their social media for different things, and ultimately its Dacks girlfriend who is clearly desperate to portray this flashy image in her desperation for fame and publicity.

I dont know if its just a lack of things to talk about, but I remember last season when Samuel was videoing himself running up hills, I imagine most if not all footballers do at least some fitness work over the summer to keep ticking over but people made a big deal out of Samuel doing it and how he deserved another chance to prove himself despite not having scored in the last 6 months of a League 1 season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I havent seen this, but in general I see little to no point in getting hung up on social media over the summer, especially in terms of judging whether players are keeping on top of their fitness whilst on holiday. Didnt the whole team go to Las Vegas last year after promotion? People use their social media for different things, and ultimately its Dacks girlfriend who is clearly desperate to portray this flashy image in her desperation for fame and publicity.

I dont know if its just a lack of things to talk about, but I remember last season when Samuel was videoing himself running up hills, I imagine most if not all footballers do at least some fitness work over the summer to keep ticking over but people made a big deal out of Samuel doing it and how he deserved another chance to prove himself despite not having scored in the last 6 months of a League 1 season.

I don't think Dack will ever realise his true potential. He's not ready to live the lifestyle of an athlete. Look at Ronaldo and then look at Rooney now.

• Like 1

It's their time now so he can do what he wants although he probably needs to reel her in a bit, not that he dare i bet but hopefully he gets it all out of his system in the summer

Bad publicity will probably serve to keep him at Ewood for now anyway and if he comes back in bad shape and a club comes in for him but he flunks the medical it's his own stupid fault.  Something tells me he's on a large set of Wonga these days at Rovers his lifestyle reflects that of a top player not a Championship plodder and also Mowbray always seems very confident he'll stay for some reason. Could be he knows what he can get away with with this manager and it suits his z list activities so he's happy.

He'll be top earner or close to it and on far more than he would ever have hoped for at Gillingham. Probably explains the lifestyle. He was going nowhere fast until we went in and gave him a platform in a good side and all parties have reaped the rewards. 

Biggest problem isn't his bird it's the media and agent chums down in London who will be bending his ear every other week after landing him a big move and a mega contract. He strikes me as being happy here and grateful to the club and manager but it doesn't take long with some of the low life that operate in football these days to engineer what they want. Alarm bells going for me when he was invited onto Soccer AM. Sort of thing not every Championship player gets to do and probably had countless agent connected Sky lackeys in his ear ever since.

Could nip everything in the bud early doors by getting him tied to a new deal, which was rumoured back in January whilst that rumour mill was in overdrive but never came to anything.

He'll do one more year, and next summer he'll go. He's well within his rights to go next year too for me, he deserves the opportunity. The type of player than the English national side is begging for. Nobody in England's midfield takes the ball on the half turn like Dacky does.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

He'll do one more year, and next summer he'll go. He's well within his rights to go next year too for me, he deserves the opportunity. The type of player than the English national side is begging for. Nobody in England's midfield takes the ball on the half turn like Dacky does.

Agree with the first bit but for me I feel as fans we overate him slightly, he’s not a patch on Grealish. 

His first season at this level though and the highest he’s played so fingers crossed for more consistency this term.

I think he’s a Dunny/Le Tissier type player, lacks pace to get to the top.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Agree with the first bit but for me I feel as fans we overate him slightly, he’s not a patch on Grealish. 

His first season at this level though and the highest he’s played so fingers crossed for more consistency this term.

I like him but I agree Grealish is a better player.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

A Championship modern era Dunn is as good a comparison as you can get I think.  Not on his level but similar enigma with the same build, refuelling, ego and bird issues it seems.

Dunny at least climbed to the top before he fell off his pedestal this lad will never get there unless he puts the graft in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

I think you mean 'very top' in the case of Dunn, he did play at PL and England levels.

Le Tissier was just brilliant, loyal to Soton and managed by fools at England level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

A Championship modern era Dunn is as good a comparison as you can get I think.  Not on his level but similar enigma with the same build, refuelling, ego and bird issues it seems.

Dunny at least climbed to the top before he fell off his pedestal this lad will never get there unless he puts the graft in.

I agree, Dack could really benefit from sorting himself out physically and becoming more consistent in his performances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

This has to be a joke. Dack is not an international footballer - it's doubtful he's even good or fit enough to play in the Premier League

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

In that first season at this level (not the case for Grealish) he scored 9 more goals and got the same number of assists. They're very different types of players, and I've not seen a lot of Grealish to say who I think is better, but the stats suggest 'not a patch' is a bit harsh on Dack.

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

This has to be a joke. Dack is not an international footballer - it's doubtful he's even good or fit enough to play in the Premier League

Nope, never a joke.

He is a Premier League style player. When given room to play (which he would be given at that level) he’s quality. Best player on the pitch against Everton and Liverpool last year.

He got the time and space naturally in League One because the defending was that poor, but somehow in the Championship he’s managed 20 something goal contributions whilst being man marked out of the game, often under extreme high press.

The same simply wouldn’t happen against most Premier League teams who adopt a very counter attacking, let the other team play, style. Hence his quality displays against Newcastle in the FA Cup also.

ps. It’s my opinion ???

Dack isn’t good enough for the PL but mainly because of his attitude. If/when he leaves Rovers he probably end up like Bentley.

When he is sulking he can be a very lazy player but he gets a free pass because he regularly scores goals and/or makes assists. (Jordan Rhodes got dog’s abuse on here for similar attributes and look how he fared in the PL). Without natural pace he will really struggle to contribute much of either in today’s PL. Maybe 10-15 years ago but not now.

That said, I’ll be surprised if any decent team takes a punt because of his off-the-field distractions which is probably why the West Ham link keeps coming up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

So would I but that’s not a Spurs or Everton player. It’s a mid table PL player at best 

Two of the most naturally gifted English born players of their respective generations?

And Everton are not mid table?

Dack has the ability to play in the PL, I have no doubt about that but I have question marks over his application, desire and attitude. 

Also, comparisons between Grealish and Dack don't really wash. Different types of player. Grealish is a playmaker, better technique and can open teams up. Dack is more a second striker who has good ability on the ball, strong finishing skills and is an expert at making those perfectly timed runs.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1