BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

• Moderation Lead
42 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Thank venkys for that , I suppose if you lower the bar enough people will be happy with mediocrity,  and Bradley Dack is mediocre 

You’re missing the point and putting words in my mouth.

I’m expressing gratitude to our top scorer for the last two seasons. 

Nothing less, nothing more.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You’re missing the point and putting words in my mouth.

I’m expressing gratitude to our top scorer for the last two seasons. 

Nothing less, nothing more.

Shades of when Rhodes was here, I loved Rhodes but there were so many who bitched about him even though he was banging over 20 goals a season. Without Dack we’d still be in league one, if anyone deserves a bit of praise it’s that lad. He may have had a few games this season where he’s not performed but he’s not out of place at all at championship level, the stats speak for themselves in that regard. Lads got the talent, I just hope he can fulfill his potential because there’s still 10/20% in him we haven’t got yet I feel. 

• Like 4

Not sure why we can’t discuss whether Dack is good enough for the PL in response to speculation linking him with a love there. ??‍♂️

The fact he can boss League One and is a decent Championship player is fine and everything but it doesn’t really change the debate.

”Leave him alone he’s been a good un”

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He has no work ethic, and this alone will stop him becoming even a good premier league player.  

If I have a premier league team with 10 outfield places, Dack can only play in one position due to his lack of pace and power, so he's a squad player at best. No pace and very lazy

Nonsense. You've obviously never really watched him live. 

Dack is quality in a painfully average and pedestrian team. His ball retention, skill and finishing ability are lower half Prem standard. Considering how few chances we make from open play his goal return is excellent. 

He's needs to look after himself more though because he was obviously overweight in the 2nd half of last season. Or at least he looked it. 

The pace thing is a bit of a non-issue. You don't have to be especially quick to play as a No.10. The timing of runs and a good football brain are far more important in his position. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Dack is quality in a painfully average and pedestrian team. His ball retention, skill and finishing ability are lower half Prem standard. Considering how few chances we make from open play his goal return is excellent. 

He's needs to look after himself more though because he was obviously overweight in the 2nd half of last season. Or at least he looked it. 

The pace thing is a bit of a non-issue. You don't have to be especially quick to play as a No.10. The timing of runs and a good football brain are far more important in his position. 

I think he's easy to defend against and the second half of the season proved that.  He's a bit of a one trick pony and his lack of pace will keep him at this level. No doubt he's a quality player, but we need him slimmer, hungry, shaven every now and then , and him to come back after preseason like a feckin animal.  Then I'll even consider what you are saying.  He needs to live it, not piss around.

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think he's easy to defend against and the second half of the season proved that.  He's a bit of a one trick pony and his lack of pace will keep him at this level. No doubt he's a quality player, but we need him slimmer, hungry, shaven every now and then , and him to come back after preseason like a feckin animal.  Then I'll even consider what you are saying.  He needs to live it, not piss around.

Honestly Sparks - you do realise you’ve just described him as mediocre?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He has been mediocre because of his shape, lifestyle etc. Quality players are all through the leagues

I think that word is just a bit over critical personally. He had a dip with the team, looked to be “over-trying” at times or appearing to force things. Mediocre is a word I save for Evans and Williams generally!

Would his lifestyle impact his fitness and ability? Yes, possibly, but so does his personality - the audacity of his play at times coupled with his talismanic impact on and off the pitch.

Dack often appears anonymous during a game but he does three or four things no-one else on the pitch could do.

That's why I like him. His fitness, his attitude, his off the field life, are all aspects which a good manger can work on but those silky skills he has cannot---they are instinctive and we are lucky to have him.

• Like 5

On 11/06/2019 at 19:43, K-Hod said:

Fair enough, if you've got a problem with his off the field antics and the celebrity nature of his girlfriend, I think a lot of people are re-writing history about Dack here.

Barring a couple of spells where we went off the boil, he's been our talisman and top scorer for the last two seasons. 

If he does leave, we will miss him a lot more than he misses us. 

This is just brilliant. 

Dack is absolutely class and apart from the odd blip here and there we are lucky to have him as a player! 

• Like 5

I am still trying to find evidence of this celebrity lifestyle Dack has been leading during his time with us that has warranted the mediocre claims.............................

I don't dare to suggest most are confusing his rich lifestyle with a celebrity lifestyle - of course he's got a plastic mrs, designer clothes and taste for good things....he's on more than 10k a week, so would you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I am still trying to find evidence of this celebrity lifestyle Dack has been leading during his time with us that has warranted the mediocre claims.............................

I don't dare to suggest most are confusing his rich lifestyle with a celebrity lifestyle - of course he's got a plastic mrs, designer clothes and taste for good things....he's on more than 10k a week, so would you!

I asked the same question the other day.

Nobody provided an answer.

He's a 20 odd year old footballer. Glamour follows them around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You have seen him crouching down at a friends BBQ haven't you?

I reckon Ms. Atwood brings home far more bacon than the average footballer's WAG too.

Doesn't seem a bad lass all told really, but she gets some pretty unfair commentary on here I have to say. 

Dack is a top player, that’s for sure. Has he got the hunger and desire to be a top, top player? I’m not convinced he has. 

I’m not convinced he’s the type to put in extra hours when he doesn’t have to. We see the likes of Travis on Insta putting in the work for next season already, whereas I suspect Dack is more interested in living the party lifestyle over the summer with his ‘celebrity’ girlfriend. He’s perfectly entitled to do that but perhaps it gives a bit of an insight into the different priorities of players.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Dack is a top player, that’s for sure. Has he got the hunger and desire to be a top, top player? I’m not convinced he has. 

I’m not convinced he’s the type to put in extra hours when he doesn’t have to. We see the likes of Travis on Insta putting in the work for next season already, whereas I suspect Dack is more interested in living the party lifestyle over the summer with his ‘celebrity’ girlfriend. He’s perfectly entitled to do that but perhaps it gives a bit of an insight into the different priorities of players.

Is it fair to base this on peoples Instagram's or social media?

I dont have Instagram but from everything thats posted on here etc, the vast majority of it is posted by his attention desperate girlfriend, putting up videos from when they go out will be much more interesting to her followers presumably that videos of Dack training. I am sure Dack has done something to keep himself ticking over too, and I'm sure Travis has got pissed up on holiday over the summer.

• Like 2