BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

well we will see shortly wont we

They aren't kids but grow men. 

I didn't see the need for extra training on a Sunday morning will achieve anything. But they should have been given 4 or 5 days off then back into hard and working on defensive tactics and attacking phrases 

The extra training would have given them the message that " performances " like the one at QPR are unacceptable at this club. You spoil my Saturday and I'll spoil your Sunday. Or more to the point, your Saturday night out on the piss.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

You're right. It's more about making them aware you are serious about what they've done. As a teacher, I often kept kids in detention not because I really wanted to go through it as it mucked up my break or lunchtime, but because I needed to make a point, and hopefully make them less likely to do it again, therefore giving me an easier life

On 27 September 2019 at 15:39, Peteb2014 said:

Does look rather like Johnson on the latest video that has appeared on the sun website though

Just speculation but Johnson's involvement in this Derby County farce might explain his surprise omission from the team recently.

An example of Mowbray putting down some boundaries, I would guess. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The extra training would have given them the message that " performances " like the one at QPR are unacceptable at this club. You spoil my Saturday and I'll spoil your Sunday. Or more to the point, your Saturday night out on the piss.

surely the players are old enough and wise enough to realise that the QPR performance wasn't good enough. They aren't stupid.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

You're right. It's more about making them aware you are serious about what they've done. As a teacher, I often kept kids in detention not because I really wanted to go through it as it mucked up my break or lunchtime, but because I needed to make a point, and hopefully make them less likely to do it again, therefore giving me an easier life

The players aren't kids tho. plus teaching and football are very different issues and shouldn't be dealt with in the same way.  

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

surely the players are old enough and wise enough to realise that the QPR performance wasn't good enough. They aren't stupid.

The players aren't kids tho. plus teaching and football are very different issues and shouldn't be dealt with in the same way.  

You are absolutely right in your first sentence and they will know how bad they were. It's the ones who aren't bothered or hurt by it that worries me. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes, because...

No adults are ever stupid.
No adults have ever acted like kids.
No one has ever made the same mistake twice.
Footballers don't need to be taught.

Welcome to Chaddy's psychology hour.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Who do you these players are who arent bothered or Hurt? 

There were several judging from their body language at Loftus Road. Dack, Armstrong, Evans, Bell, Bennett were the ones that stood out to me. The manner of losing has to hurt but it didn't seem to when I saw some of the aforementioned coming out of Nando's at Euston Station about ninety minutes after a diabolical performance seemingly without a care in the world.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

There were several judging from their body language at Loftus Road. Dack, Armstrong, Evans, Bell, Bennett were the ones that stood out to me. The manner of losing has to hurt but it didn't seem to when I saw some of the aforementioned coming out of Nando's at Euston Station about ninety minutes after a diabolical performance seemingly without a care in the world.

I would say Dack, Armstrong and Bennett care alot about this club for me. Judging from previous comments

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would say Dack, Armstrong and Bennett care alot about this club for me. Judging from previous comments

Is that comments on social media? 

I'd rather see some gut busting effort on the pitch rather than read some of the patronising stuff I see copied by some players on here.

• Like 2

The proof of the pudding has always been, is always, and always will be what they do on the pitch. Could anyone imagine the likes of Howard Gayle or David Speedie grinning like a Cheshire Cat straight after a chastening performance and defeat like the one we suffered at Loftus Road? And anyone else in their squad doing likewise would have got a boot up the arse for their troubles, I'm sure.

Edit: Great minds Tyrone!

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Actually many players aren't like grown up sensible people because they dont have to be. Many are looked after so thoroughly from the moment they sign for a club that they dont realise they have to be sensible for themselves. And they're young. They have the money and the lifestyle at an early age and they aren't necessarily called to book when they step out of line. We all occasionally need someone to remind us that our behaviour is not acceptable. How that needs to happen may be different for each of us but we still need telling and showing. Looking after a squad of footballers is exactly like being a teacher. You have to gain respect and show care but know when to put your foot down. That's what people managing is about

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 6

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

The proof of the pudding has always been, is always, and always will be what they do on the pitch. Could anyone imagine the likes of Howard Gayle or David Speedie grinning like a Cheshire Cat straight after a chastening performance and defeat like the one we suffered at Loftus Road? And anyone else in their squad doing likewise would have got a boot up the arse for their troubles, I'm sure.

Edit: Great minds Tyrone!

And therein lies a big problem for me Andy. The reluctance of Mowbray to sign strong characters is evident when things don't go right. The two you mention plus a host of others would have busted a few egos from some of our lot. I heard Roy Keane slaughter several England players on Friday and it was music to my ears. However I believe the crux of this problem is Mowbray himself who likes to portray himself as this genial, caring good human being. I really can't see him tearing a strip off an egotistical millionaire who doesn't appear to give one.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just comments made by them on social media, local media comments and comments made to fans

All meaningless though, any player at any club will say exactly the same thing.

As others have said, the proof is what happens on the pitch, and I haven't seen any sense of urgency from this bunch for a while now.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

Actually many players aren't like grown up sensible people because they dont have to be. Many are looked after so thoroughly from the moment they sign for a club that they dont realise they have to be sensible for themselves. And they're young. They have the money and the lifestyle at an early age and they aren't necessarily called to book when they step out of line. We all occasionally need someone to remind us that our behaviour is not acceptable. How that needs to happen may be different for each of us but we still need telling and showing. Looking after a squad of footballers is exactly like being a teacher. You have to gain respect and show care but know when to put your foot down. That's what people managing is about

You're right Gumboots, 95% of players live in a bubble of entitlement from a very young age. Any setbacks in life are sorted out for them by the club. Most of them are suffering from arrested development. When the going gets tough out on the pitch they've no solutions of their own. Just look at England last Friday. They'd rolled over a load of no mark teams up to then. When came up against a team who wanted it more they just folded. That's why you need a good manager to set the standards and kick arses when needed.

Going back to your school analogy,  by and large the teachers that got the best results were the ones who didn't stand any nonsense behaviour wise. You don't have to be a bastard but the kids have to know exactly where they stand. That there's a line and they step over it at their peril. I've seen Mrs Shoelaces in action when she taught English, nobody messed with her and all the kids knew that from day one. Consequently her GCSE results were up there with the best if not the best every year.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Don't think there is much arse kicking goes on these days anywhere let alone Rovers. Could you ever see Mowbray or David Lowe for example being prepared to grab someone by the throat if they mouthed off at them in the dressing room ?

More like a polite stern ticking off then it's forgotten about of they just sulk at each other and don't speak.  Same ones know they'll get picked next week regardless and know they'll get their thousands regardless there is no fear factor when you're turning in shockers then getting a week off !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tomphil said:

Don't think there is much arse kicking goes on these days anywhere let alone Rovers. Could you ever see Mowbray or David Lowe for example being prepared to grab someone by the throat if they mouthed off at them in the dressing room ?

More like a polite stern ticking off then it's forgotten about of they just sulk at each other and don't speak.  Same ones know they'll get picked next week regardless and know they'll get their thousands regardless there is no fear factor when you're turning in shockers then getting a week off !

David Lowe should spend some time on his own body posture, unless he's playing Quasimodo in Panto this year.

• Like 3

On 13/10/2019 at 23:48, chaddyrovers said:

And? He gone overseas for a few days just like other players like Holtby, Travis and Gallagher have. But nothing on them

Well that’s the point I’m making Chaddy. We all make life choices those who want to reach the top don’t make those decisions which is why they’re playing at Ewood.

Either way I’m not arguing. Found out this week I’ve been successful for a role in New Zealand and will be emigrating before Xmas so I’m just hoping I can see us put some shifts in until then and fly our flag high in Auckland!

• Like 8

I've seen a lot of criticism levied against BD, but he's on form to have a better season than last with his current goals and assists. I just wanted to show this comparison for those who forget how good Bradley Dack truly is.

One of these players now plays in the Premier League at Chelsea and is absolutely ripping it up. His stats are compared with Bradley Dack, who apparently according to a scary amount of people on here, could never player in the Premier League and is nowhere near that level...

Bradley Dack in 2018/19:

• 116 Shots
  • 70% Shots On Target
  • 15 Goals
  • 64 Successful Dribbles
  • Dispossessed 93 Times
  • 1200 Passes
  • 78.5% Pass Success Rate
  • 7 Assists

Mason Mount in 2018/19:

• 96 Shots
  • 35% Shots On Target
  • 9 Goals
  • 22 Successful Dribbles
  • Dispossessed 63 Times
  • 1424 Passes
  • 74.4% Pass Success Rate
  • 4 Assists

Bradley Dack has more goals & assists, a better pass success rate, a higher shots on target ratio and is a better dribbler than Mason Mount... who is now a top Premier League talent. Enough said for me.