BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

• Moderation Lead

For all the complaints about Dack, being honest, as long as he does the business on the pitch, I’m not particularly bothered what he does off it. 

He scored 2 of our 3 goals yesterday and he was still getting criticism at the ground. 
‘Go on Dack, do something’. 

He already has pal. Plenty at that. 

I’m still absolutely convinced people are still mad at him for being photographed at that barbecue, that one time. 

There are plenty of worries around our great club at the moment. Bradley Dack is not one of them, as far as I’m concerned.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

For all the complaints about Dack, being honest, as long as he does the business on the pitch, I’m not particularly bothered what he does off it. 

He scored 2 of our 3 goals yesterday and he was still getting criticism at the ground. 

I’m still absolutely convinced people are still mad at him for being photographed at that barbecue, that one time. 

There are plenty of worries around our great club at the moment. Bradley Dack is not one of them, as far as I’m concerned.

Dack has not played anywhere near as well as he did in L1 but he is finding himself in the right place at the right time and getting goals so he is keeping his place. But as probably the only player who has a free remit and no defensive duties, and being played where he plays best it’s no wonder. IMO Rothwell would do as well, if not better, with the same remit.

Talking about a photo during an “injury spell” ages ago is barking up the wrong tree. Off the field he clearly had some issues - hopefully they are behind him. On the pitch, he is a fairly good player at this level, not great, good. He is certainly nowhere near the level of Grealish who he used to be compared with.

I agree there are far worse issues at the moment but this is the Bradley Dack thread.

Delighted Dack keeps popping up with goals, we’d be screwed without him, but I can barely remember him touching the ball apart from that.

We know what he can do with the ball, we know he can get on it and use it well, but we’re getting barely anything out of him in general play. Same with Holtby. He sprayed a couple of nice balls out to the left in the first half but barely anything apart from that. With his pedigree against a poor side sitting at the bottom of the league, we should be getting more than that. 

Of course it doesn’t help when we give said poor side all the ball in the second half and allow them to play in our half. 

34 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It's the Jordan Rhodes argument all over again. A player who can be largely anonymous but still pop up with a goal or two each week. I can see why Dack frustrates some supporters. As the fulcrum of the side, most of our good work comes through him. If he's having an off-day the whole team suffers.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Amo said:

It's the Jordan Rhodes argument all over again. A player who can be largely anonymous but still pop up with a goal or two each week. I can see why Dack frustrates some supporters. As the fulcrum of the side, most of our good work comes through him. If he's having an off-day the whole team suffers.

But ultimately hes the only player consistently scoring goals in an offensively dysfunctional team and every player has off days, it says more about the rest of the players that they are unable to muster up goals when he isnt at his best, they should receive the criticism. I think people underestimate the value, importance and difficulty of just "popping up with a goal or 2."

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Amo said:

And we have to set up a certain way to keep him in his best position which imo is often detrimental to how the rest play. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

I think he'll be off in the summer. I reckon we'll get £12m tops for him. I could see him at Palace or Fulham if they went up.

Depends what phase Venkys are up to with their build it up and sell it off routine. 

Mowbray has to date managed to get funds out of them on the basis he is investing it into assets to grow in value and get their money back down the line. Other than Dack he's failed with just about all of them. 

Only a matter of time before Venkys instigate a round of sales and naturally Dack will be number 1 on the list.

I expect a Cairney style departure. I don't think he'll push for a move as I think he is genuinely happy here but if Venkys want a sale he'll be sent on his way even perhaps for a knock down fee to a rival club. If someone came along with £5-6 million cash upfront that would probably do the trick.

All depends what mindset they are in. If it's an attitude of keep our assets then other clubs will really struggle to get anywhere. If it is firesale attitude e.g. 2015-16 then anyone and everyone will be up for grabs.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Amo said:

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But ultimately hes the only player consistently scoring goals in an offensively dysfunctional team and every player has off days, it says more about the rest of the players that they are unable to muster up goals when he isnt at his best, they should receive the criticism. I think people underestimate the value, importance and difficulty of just "popping up with a goal or 2."

Agree with 99 here. The difference for Rhodes is there were a ton of other players who could score regularly- King, Gestede, Cairney and Marshall to name a few and the jigsaw was nearly complete (imo a good keeper and defensive mid and we'd have had the best 11 in the division.) This current Rovers side really struggle for goals. Strikers who look inept, the likes of Armstrong on the wing. Without Dack we really are stuffed for regular goals. 

• Like 1

You're always loath to lose your best players but Dack will be gone sooner or later. I would do our best to keep hold of him until the summer, as we could easily get drawn into a relegation scrap without him. With a good pre-season under our belts I think Rothwell & Holtby could both cover that position. I don't think we're seeing the best of Holtby playing him in centre midfield. We could invest the Dack money into a defender or two, perhaps another striker, and have a more balanced side. In theory, of course.

• Backroom
16 hours ago, JHRover said:

Depends what phase Venkys are up to with their build it up and sell it off routine. 

Mowbray has to date managed to get funds out of them on the basis he is investing it into assets to grow in value and get their money back down the line. Other than Dack he's failed with just about all of them. 

Only a matter of time before Venkys instigate a round of sales and naturally Dack will be number 1 on the list.

I expect a Cairney style departure. I don't think he'll push for a move as I think he is genuinely happy here but if Venkys want a sale he'll be sent on his way even perhaps for a knock down fee to a rival club. If someone came along with £5-6 million cash upfront that would probably do the trick.

All depends what mindset they are in. If it's an attitude of keep our assets then other clubs will really struggle to get anywhere. If it is firesale attitude e.g. 2015-16 then anyone and everyone will be up for grabs.

Well I for one would be absolutely mortified if we only got £6 million for Dack and fluffed £7 million on Brereton! 

• Like 3

His agent will just be negotiating a better deal bearing in mind his contribution vs those above him.

Blackburn Players Salaries 2019/20 – Weekly Wages

RANK PLAYER ANNUAL SALARY POS. AGE
1 Sam Gallagher £ 2,080,000 CF 23
2 Stewart Downing £ 1,820,000 LM 35
3 Bradley Johnson £ 1,300,000 CM 32
4 Greg Cunningham £ 988,000 LB 28
5 Tosin Adarabioyo £ 780,000 CB 21
6 Adam Armstrong £ 728,000 CF 22
7 Bradley Dack £ 728,000 AM 25
8 Corry Evans £ 624,000 CM 29
9 Danny Graham £ 624,000 CF 34
10 Darragh Lenihan £ 624,000 CB 25
11 Elliott Bennett £ 533,000 RM 30
12 Harry Chapman £ 445,000 RW 21
13 Christian Walton £ 390,000 GK 23
14 Jacob Davenport £ 390,000 DM 20
15 Ben Brereton £ 338,000 CF 20
16 Derrick Williams £ 312,000 CB 26
17 Richard Smallwood £ 260,000 CM 28
18 Joe Rothwell £ 208,000 CM 24
19 Dominic Samuel £ 169,000 CF 25
20 Amari’i Bell £ 156,000 LB 25
21 Jayson Leutwiler £ 130,000 GK 30
22 Ryan Nyambe £ 130,000 RB 21
23 Lewis Travis £ 78,000 DM 21
24 Sam Hart £ 0 LB 23
TOTAL £13,835,000  

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

His agent will just be negotiating a better deal bearing in mind his contribution vs those above him.

Blackburn Players Salaries 2019/20 – Weekly Wages

RANK PLAYER ANNUAL SALARY POS. AGE
1 Sam Gallagher £ 2,080,000 CF 23
2 Stewart Downing £ 1,820,000 LM 35
3 Bradley Johnson £ 1,300,000 CM 32
4 Greg Cunningham £ 988,000 LB 28
5 Tosin Adarabioyo £ 780,000 CB 21
6 Adam Armstrong £ 728,000 CF 22
7 Bradley Dack £ 728,000 AM 25
8 Corry Evans £ 624,000 CM 29
9 Danny Graham £ 624,000 CF 34
10 Darragh Lenihan £ 624,000 CB 25
11 Elliott Bennett £ 533,000 RM 30
12 Harry Chapman £ 445,000 RW 21
13 Christian Walton £ 390,000 GK 23
14 Jacob Davenport £ 390,000 DM 20
15 Ben Brereton £ 338,000 CF 20
16 Derrick Williams £ 312,000 CB 26
17 Richard Smallwood £ 260,000 CM 28
18 Joe Rothwell £ 208,000 CM 24
19 Dominic Samuel £ 169,000 CF 25
20 Amari’i Bell £ 156,000 LB 25
21 Jayson Leutwiler £ 130,000 GK 30
22 Ryan Nyambe £ 130,000 RB 21
23 Lewis Travis £ 78,000 DM 21
24 Sam Hart £ 0 LB 23
TOTAL £13,835,000  

Mind boggling. Bell's on more than Nyambe ? Gallagher's on £40k a week to run about aimlessly on the right wing . Travis is next to the worst paid player who is Sam Hart who's playing for nothing.

• Like 1