BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

8 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

His agent will just be negotiating a better deal bearing in mind his contribution vs those above him.

Blackburn Players Salaries 2019/20 – Weekly Wages

RANK PLAYER ANNUAL SALARY POS. AGE
1 Sam Gallagher £ 2,080,000 CF 23
2 Stewart Downing £ 1,820,000 LM 35
3 Bradley Johnson £ 1,300,000 CM 32
4 Greg Cunningham £ 988,000 LB 28
5 Tosin Adarabioyo £ 780,000 CB 21
6 Adam Armstrong £ 728,000 CF 22
7 Bradley Dack £ 728,000 AM 25
8 Corry Evans £ 624,000 CM 29
9 Danny Graham £ 624,000 CF 34
10 Darragh Lenihan £ 624,000 CB 25
11 Elliott Bennett £ 533,000 RM 30
12 Harry Chapman £ 445,000 RW 21
13 Christian Walton £ 390,000 GK 23
14 Jacob Davenport £ 390,000 DM 20
15 Ben Brereton £ 338,000 CF 20
16 Derrick Williams £ 312,000 CB 26
17 Richard Smallwood £ 260,000 CM 28
18 Joe Rothwell £ 208,000 CM 24
19 Dominic Samuel £ 169,000 CF 25
20 Amari’i Bell £ 156,000 LB 25
21 Jayson Leutwiler £ 130,000 GK 30
22 Ryan Nyambe £ 130,000 RB 21
23 Lewis Travis £ 78,000 DM 21
24 Sam Hart £ 0 LB 23
TOTAL £13,835,000  

Fake news 

Two good bits of play from Dack today. He made the first goal look simple when it would have been easy to panic and throw a boot at the ball. Then a really nice inside ball for Bennett to run on to for the second goal. Getting in up the byeline like Bennett did is a killer, all the defenders are running back towards their own goal, it's easy to do what Gallagher did and just get away from your marker for a side footed shot on goal.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mind boggling. Bell's on more than Nyambe ? Gallagher's on £40k a week to run about aimlessly on the right wing . Travis is next to the worst paid player who is Sam Hart who's playing for nothing.

So Gallagher's earning almost 3 X Dack and Dack has had a seemingly endless run of reviews? And is our best player. get a new agent Brad!

I doubt if our wage bill is near £14M either.

If it is we should be way higher up that league than we are.

What's Burnley's wage bill out of interest?

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

I doubt if our wage bill is near £14M either.

If it is we should be way higher up that league than we are.

What's Burnley's wage bill out of interest?

??? A £14m wage bill would've put us at the 3rd lowest wages in the Championship in 2017-18... I suspect we're well above that. (But still below the median Championship wage bill, which is probably around £30m or so)

(Burnley's latest reported wage bill is £81m)

(Not to say I'm giving those bizarre wage numbers above any credence haha)

Edited by RoverCanada

No surprise he's just found another gear as December approaches, its most welcome hope he keeps it up but it's something we've seen many times before. Lets hope we keep getting some points on the board before he gets a move or loses interest again, whichever comes first.

The money from him will cover the BB.SG and AA signings and i'd assume the bankers who allowed those had that in mind.

I don't think he's unhappy here but every player is ambitious and they'll never turn down big pay rises offered by others.

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

That last sentence of Mowbray’s is disgraceful.

I am not sure it is disgraceful, to be honest. We all know if he doesn't sign soon, we would have to sell him anyway. We couldn't afford to let his contract run down.

One worry is that he is 26 now and maybe Dack has been indicating he feels it is the right time to move.

Another unknown issue is about how much the club want to try and keep him and how much it has already been decided to cash in....

Anyway, I have zero confidence in the money being put to good use on the pitch.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

We all know how this goes by now. He will be gone by the end of the summer at the very latest. Venkys won't pay the wages we will need to offer to persuade him to sign a new deal. 

I dont think anyone would deny the lad a move to a Premier League club to fulfil his career ambitions at his age.

The problem is I don't think there will be many Premier League suitors and so we then get to the Championship ones. This is where clubs like Fulham and Stoke come in. Sides that may well be looking for a few signings to get them promoted in the next couple of years. It would be a sale to those sort of clubs that would be self destructive and show where the ambition is at.

Simple solution- give him a good contract and promise not to stand in his way if a Premier League club comes in.

On 30/11/2019 at 09:32, OldEwoodBlue said:

His agent will just be negotiating a better deal bearing in mind his contribution vs those above him.

Blackburn Players Salaries 2019/20 – Weekly Wages

RANK PLAYER ANNUAL SALARY POS. AGE
1 Sam Gallagher £ 2,080,000 CF 23
2 Stewart Downing £ 1,820,000 LM 35
3 Bradley Johnson £ 1,300,000 CM 32
4 Greg Cunningham £ 988,000 LB 28
5 Tosin Adarabioyo £ 780,000 CB 21
6 Adam Armstrong £ 728,000 CF 22
7 Bradley Dack £ 728,000 AM 25
8 Corry Evans £ 624,000 CM 29
9 Danny Graham £ 624,000 CF 34
10 Darragh Lenihan £ 624,000 CB 25
11 Elliott Bennett £ 533,000 RM 30
12 Harry Chapman £ 445,000 RW 21
13 Christian Walton £ 390,000 GK 23
14 Jacob Davenport £ 390,000 DM 20
15 Ben Brereton £ 338,000 CF 20
16 Derrick Williams £ 312,000 CB 26
17 Richard Smallwood £ 260,000 CM 28
18 Joe Rothwell £ 208,000 CM 24
19 Dominic Samuel £ 169,000 CF 25
20 Amari’i Bell £ 156,000 LB 25
21 Jayson Leutwiler £ 130,000 GK 30
22 Ryan Nyambe £ 130,000 RB 21
23 Lewis Travis £ 78,000 DM 21
24 Sam Hart £ 0 LB 23
TOTAL £13,835,000  

Blimey! I have to ask you OEB if these figures are in the public domain? Where are your sources of information?

I’m not sure it helps squad harmony if everyone knows their salary level relative to other’s especially Travis who seems very underpaid!

I hope these figures are not correct.

Just now, tonygreenbank said:

Blimey! I have to ask you OEB if these figures are in the public domain? Where are your sources of information?

I’m not sure it helps squad harmony if everyone knows their salary level relative to other’s especially Travis who seems very underpaid!

I hope these figures are not correct.

Me too.

I can't help remembering Tony Hancock.. "And there's Cliff Richard, earning more than the prime minister. Now, is that right!"

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I am not sure it is disgraceful, to be honest. We all know if he doesn't sign soon, we would have to sell him anyway. We couldn't afford to let his contract run down.

One worry is that he is 26 now and maybe Dack has been indicating he feels it is the right time to move.

Another unknown issue is about how much the club want to try and keep him and how much it has already been decided to cash in....

Anyway, I have zero confidence in the money being put to good use on the pitch.

It’s a very strange negotiating tactic wouldn’t you say?

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I don't believe buying clubs are influenced by anything a manager says in a tabloid paper. Information is passed behind the scenes with agents and other shadowy figures.

More a case of Mowbray preparing the less savvy of the support for the inevitable outcome

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Mowbray putting Dack in the January shop window.

32E47F8E-02D5-4FE4-9AA8-4DF4321CAAA8.thumb.jpeg.e0ee8e923c75e087b58001802ff1b229.jpeg

Just when I was feeling optimistic Tony comes out with a quote to piss on my parade!!

Oh well I expect him gone in January now. I, personally, wouldn't sell him for anything less than £12 million. At least we have Holtby warming our bench at the moment to step into that role. I just pray that we are allowed the majority of that money to invest into our defence.

• Like 1

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

Just when I was feeling optimistic Tony comes out with a quote to piss on my parade!!

Oh well I expect him gone in January now. I, personally, wouldn't sell him for anything less than £12 million. At least we have Holtby warming our bench at the moment to step into that role. I just pray that we are allowed the majority of that money to invest into our defence.

Typical Mowbray really. Says what he wants because he can.

I’m torn on this one though. On the one hand, without Dack’s goals this season we are 9 points worse off, 19th and 2 points off relegation.

On the other hand. Rovers need to get £14m from somewhere because Mowbray has already spent it (albeit on duds). To do that then we are going to have to sell when he is in form.

However, it always seems like it’s the fans who have to swallow the Rovers budget line. Players still get paid a fortune; execs and management are still well rewarded for mediocrity; Venkys are still rich. Despite the latter we have to “stick to a budget”. Where is the imagination to increase numbers, or the imagination to bypass FFP like other clubs seem to be able to?

• Like 2

I read a comment over the weekend from Mowbray something along the lines of "I've spoken to Bradley and we have a plan for how we see his future"

I read that as a sign he was seeing this season out but we have an agreement he can go in the summer. It wouldn't be a good plan to let him go mid-season.

It would take promotion to keep Dack, and despite the giddiness of four wins in five, we know it ain’t happening. I reckon he’ll be gone next summer to recover the dosh Mowbray spunked up the wall.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 1