BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

The TM quotes were in the LT article on saturday.

Ultimately my relationship is with Bradley and we have an understanding together of where we want his career to go, how we see his career developing.

“We have a level of trust that he feels as a club we will do the right thing for Bradley and the right time is there.

“At the moment he just has to give everything he has got for the team and for the club.

“Ultimately he will want and go and play in the Premier League and as we move forward whether that is going to the Premier League with Blackburn Rovers, or if that’s not the case, he will look and seek to go there in a different way.”

If a premier league club comes in and pays somewhere between £10-15 million then I think they’ll let him go. If it’s a championship club then we’ll either crank the price up or Dack could decide to go.

I’m not sure that many premier league clubs will take the punt tbh he’s great for us in this league but I’m not sure he’s quick enough to make an impact I. The premier league but you have to understand he’s going to want to have a crack at it (I’d be worried if he didn’t).

Dack has options; he can stay here become highest earner and get a decent release clause in his contract In case a prem club gambles on him. He can run his contract down and get picked up on a free by a prem club in 18months. Or he can try to leave in the summer at a slightly reduced price to whoever is willing to pay then, likely a championship team with a bit of money and try to get to the prem that way.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have been trying to get Dack to sign a new contract for months. 

Make him the highest paid player here. 

I dont see us selling him in January or next summer(unless he doesnt sign a new contract)? 

Its been mentioned numerous times but nothings been done so I dont think its close. 

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I’m not sure that many premier league clubs will take the punt tbh he’s great for us in this league but I’m not sure he’s quick enough to make an impact I. The premier league but you have to understand he’s going to want to have a crack at it (I’d be worried if he didn’t).

You might be right but in the current market £10m is peanuts to take a punt on a player of Dack's calibre. When you consider we've spent £7m on Brereton... who looks a million miles off Championship standard, let alone Premiership. :/

That capology link is rubbish Gallagher took a wage cut to sign here the club have a wage budget there is no way we pay anyone over 20k a week now. As for Dack if we are on the cusp of the play offs in Jan i'd expect him to stay and go in the summer. If we have a bad December I can see him being sold in Jan

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Most of the time we've set up our team and the way we play around Dack. I'm not sure how many of the teams that can afford to buy him would want to do that.

Very true. The exact reason Jordan Rhodes stopped scoring 25 goals a season. We played to him. Others tried to shoehorn him.

Did we play to Rhodes? Managers came and went, players changed, formations changed, styles changed, the only thing that was constant was him scoring goals. That first season our team was a shambles and yet he scored goal after goal, often with partners that flattered to deceive, Kazim Richards, Best, Rochina, an ancient Nuno Gomes, the formation changed to 433 near the end, he had David Goodwillie out wide, no matter what system, he scored. Half way through Bowyers (first?) season he signed Conway and Gestede, them 2 transformed our style in that it was much about wing play and crosses to Gestede, doesnt really suit Rhodes as much, still he continued to score. Then the side was dismantled and he was still scoring until the end, already in double figures when he was sold at the start of January.

And likewise, do we play to Dack? We play him (usually) in his favoured position, and quite rightly considering how effective he is. Not sure we play around him in a way that solely suits him.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did we play to Rhodes? Managers came and went, players changed, formations changed, styles changed, the only thing that was constant was him scoring goals. That first season our team was a shambles and yet he scored goal after goal, often with partners that flattered to deceive, Kazim Richards, Best, Rochina, an ancient Nuno Gomes, the formation changed to 433 near the end, he had David Goodwillie out wide, no matter what system, he scored. Half way through Bowyers (first?) season he signed Conway and Gestede, them 2 transformed our style in that it was much about wing play and crosses to Gestede, doesnt really suit Rhodes as much, still he continued to score. Then the side was dismantled and he was still scoring until the end, already in double figures when he was sold at the start of January.

And likewise, do we play to Dack? We play him (usually) in his favoured position, and quite rightly considering how effective he is. Not sure we play around him in a way that solely suits him.

We're usually set up so Dack can play the No 10 role behind a lone striker. If you wanted to play two up front for instance like the Dingles do where would you put Dack ? Not in the two up front and not really in the four in midfield. At least I can't see Dyche signing him.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We're usually set up so Dack can play the No 10 role behind a lone striker. If you wanted to play two up front for instance like the Dingles do where would you put Dack ? Not in the two up front and not really in the four in midfield. At least I can't see Dyche signing him.

Even if you play 2 up front, you tend to have one dropping off especially when out of position.

He is essentially a second striker though. You may aswell view him as a striker because if you ever think hes a hindrance in terms of not being able to play a more "orthodox" striker alongside the one we play anyway, you have to think, would they be able to match a very healthy goal return of above 1 in 3 during his Championship career? Most strikers wouldnt, his goal to game ratio averages out at 18 goals if he was to play a full 46 games. He is not a midfielder, thats for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Not usually one for conspiracy theories but Olivia must be fuming that Bradley will only cop a one game ban for two yellows and did not earn a straight red and three game ban which would have freed him up to spend Christmas with her down in Essex.

He's gone a bit too  early as well. Must not have been listening to her closely enough...........?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Not usually one for conspiracy theories but Olivia must be fuming that Bradley will only cop a one game ban for two yellows and did not earn a straight red and three game ban which would have freed him up to spend Christmas with her down in Essex.

He's gone a bit too  early as well. Must not have been listening to her closely enough...........?

Denis Law used to get sent off around this time so he could have hogmanay back in Scotland.

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Bloody Hell TS you needed to practically murder someone to get sent off in Denis's day :)

I know but he managed it.  Players like Law would miss more games than they played with todays referees.  He wasn't a dirty player but if you took liberties with him you were asking for trouble. It's getting beyond a joke. Nobody pays to see 11 v 10 or 10 v 10. I used to laugh at South American referees in the old days but I watched the recent Flamengo v River Plate final and if a current British referee had have been refereeing that game it would have finished 6 a side. No wonder we don't have any officials worthy of the name these days.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...