BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Just now, Amo said:

Even with Dack we looked ass against Wigan. Couldn’t get out of the blocks in the first half and were actually lucky not to lose that one. The problems run a lot deeper than over-reliance on one player. 

Very true, and we are now asking players to step up in Dack's absence. I think we need to Darragh as captian we cant have Bennett as captian when he is not first choice. I would have Corry Evans as vice captian.

Edited by Prelude

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think even sans Dack the team is there to get into the play offs. IF the manager picks the right team...

We are no worse than those around us 

Also true what we need is Rothwell and Armstrong to hit a run of form. On there best days they are preimership quality but too many games where they go missing

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Bigger picture here.  Dack was our golden goose.  Selling him to invest  or relying on selling him to make us FFP compliant. 

This is a good point. I am not totally up on all the facts but I think FFP is calculated on a rolling 3 year period with a £39 million overspend allowance.

We had a 'good' financial year in 16-17 due to selling Rhodes ( £4 mill loss ). 17 -18 was £16 mill loss and 18-19 probably something similar ( not yet recorded ).

That means we only have maybe £6 or £7 mill to play with this year which we may be sailing very close to.

So the answer - to avoid a Brum type points deduction - would have been to sell Dack and NOT reinvest it in players. Something we may have to do every 3 years or so.

With that plan now gone, I can't see any investment in January or in the summer and we still may fail FFP.

I'm sure some of you know the situation better than me but it doesn't look good really. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, philipl said:

We probably have the squad to make the play-offs without Dack but not the Manager to work the oracle of getting us there.

I think for that to happen and it is a big if We need to play 2 up front with Armstrong working alongsdie a target man, The problem is while we do have a target man in Graham he has rapidly declined since last season so dont know if he is good enough any more. I would have hoped Gallagher could have played that role and whilst he has improved I dont think he is good enough in that role.

Just now, Prelude said:

I think for that to happen and it is a big if We need to play 2 up front with Armstrong working alongsdie a target man, The problem is while we do have a target man in Graham he has rapidly declined since last season so dont know if he is good enough any more. I would have hoped Gallagher could have played that role and whilst he has improved I dont think he is good enough in that role.

A huge problem with Armstrong front is that he is constantly offside. This regularly stifles our attacks.

3 hours ago, Prelude said:

I think mowbray saying we probably wont see him again to this time next year is the worst case scenario. The projected recovery time is 6-9 months. I had the same injury when I was 31 and I was back playing 7 months later and Dack has a lot more help around him to get him back quicker. I fully expect him to be back training in pre-seson and raring to go for the start of next season. oh and after my surgery I did not lose any pace at all.

Really hope you're right but Mowbray's time scale is probably based upon the advices of the surgeon.

There may well be other knee damage that needs repairing. 

There are also different grafts that can be used and each comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.

Not only is the reconstructed knee problematic but there can be ancillary issues with groin, hamstring and ankle in the recovery process, particularly in professional athletes. 

Even with all the rehab Dack will get, and no two cases are the same, it's a long road to recovery for the lad and I think it will be a big bonus for us if Dack is back in contention before next Christmas.

14 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I think his career plan is completely goosed. 25 now, so 26 when he’s back, then he’ll need to play a season to show what level he’s back to. Even if he is back at his best, 27 is getting in a bit for a premiership club to spend big money on.

Really? Come off if, 27 is definitely not getting on a bit.

Just now, Mercer said:

Really hope you're right but Mowbray's time scale is probably based upon the advices of the surgeon.

There may well be other knee damage that needs repairing. 

There are also different grafts that can be used and each comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.

Not only is the reconstructed knee problematic but there can be ancillary issues with groin, hamstring and ankle in the recovery process, particularly in professional athletes. 

Even with all the rehab Dack will get, and no two cases are the same, it's a long road to recovery for the lad and I think it will be a big bonus for us if Dack is back in contention before next Christmas.

I understand this but even if that was the case you would still expect him to back by August/September? I think and hope Tony is saying he will probaly be out for a year is clever so when he hopefully comes back at the start of the season it is a massive boost. Better that then saying I think there might be chance he can be back for the playoffs...

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A huge problem with Armstrong front is that he is constantly offside. This regularly stifles our attacks.

Armstrong has no football brain. It’s too bad we have no alternative (since Chapman took a trip to Belize), otherwise he’d make a better impact sub.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I think his career plan is completely goosed. 25 now, so 26 when he’s back, then he’ll need to play a season to show what level he’s back to. Even if he is back at his best, 27 is getting in a bit for a premiership club to spend big money on.

He's actually 26 in a few days. So by the time he comes back he will nearly be 27. Could be 28 when he has proved he still has it.

3 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

This is a good point. I am not totally up on all the facts but I think FFP is calculated on a rolling 3 year period with a £39 million overspend allowance.

We had a 'good' financial year in 16-17 due to selling Rhodes ( £4 mill loss ). 17 -18 was £16 mill loss and 18-19 probably something similar ( not yet recorded ).

That means we only have maybe £6 or £7 mill to play with this year which we may be sailing very close to.

So the answer - to avoid a Brum type points deduction - would have been to sell Dack and NOT reinvest it in players. Something we may have to do every 3 years or so.

With that plan now gone, I can't see any investment in January or in the summer and we still may fail FFP.

I'm sure some of you know the situation better than me but it doesn't look good really. 

I think our 3 year period starts from when we came back up.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Really? Come off if, 27 is definitely not getting on a bit.

It is if you look at Premier League club transfer policies.

There are exceptions of course but that is what they are- exceptions.

In fact, looking at transfermarkt web site for last season and this, I haven't found a single PL transfer in of a player older than 27 and just one aged 27.

Just now, philipl said:

It is if you look at Premier League club transfer policies.

There are exceptions of course but that is what they are- exceptions.

In fact, looking at transfermarkt web site for last season and this, I haven't found a single PL transfer in of a player older than 27 and just one aged 27.

Well I can guarantee you that stat is completely incorrect. Off the top of my head for examples, David Luiz and Tom Heaton are definitely above 30 years old. Jay Rodriguez? Erik Pieters?

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Well I can guarantee you that stat is completely incorrect. Off the top of my head for examples, David Luiz and Tom Heaton are definitely above 30 years old. Jay Rodriguez? Erik Pieters?

It must be a pretty small list of players who have transferred to PL clubs from the lower leagues (having never played in the PL before) 27 years or older though. I believe our own Keef would be on that list as I think he was 27 or 28 at the time? I could see a recently promoted Championship club possibly taking a punt on Dack if he comes back looking decent but that's about it.