BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Dack still a few weeks away from being back involved in first team match day squad

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-bradley-dack-mowbray-19156857

Asked whether Dack will be featuring in the development squad in the coming days or weeks, Mowbray replied: "No, not really. He has to join in with the team before we get to that point. He's not training with the group yet, he's still doing his individual stuff.

"He's got his boots on everyday, though. The only bit he joins in with is the shooting at the end, particularly no-contact with him at the moment.

"I would suggest another week or two for Bradley just to build up on what he has done and then we will filter him back into the group.

"Then we'll be able to tackle him and he'll take part in the small-sides games and the possessions, and then we can start thinking about a game on the training ground or an Under-23's game.

"When he's done one or two of them and we feel confident to sit him on the bench, then we'll think about that. It's still a few weeks away yet, I think."

41 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I was just going to say the same bazza. 12 months plus out, got to say I didn’t expect it to be quite that long.

Who knows what kind of player we’ll now have...

It was a bad injury, that time out and the time spent recuperating should tell us that. I'd say it's 50/50 wether he gets back to his previous high standards.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

They should straight away just say we aim to have Dack back playing by 2021 instead of giving us hope that he will be back in a "few weeks" every week. Anything earlier than 2021 should be a bonus, like what chaddy said.

Get him fully fit for the 2nd half of the campaign and promotion push (if we are thereabouts by Jan). Rather than him starting to play in Nov/Dec, and then getting a recurrence of the injury which will end up with him being out longer.

Assuming Brad comes back a similar player he was prior to his injury, considering his style, strengths and weaknesses, where would he be best incorporated into the current team. It's a bit of a quandary for me because I think he'd struggle with our high tempo style of play. Nobody can doubt his ability on the ball and his goalscoring knack but I scratch my head to see who he'd replace or where he'd best fit in. What are others thoughts?....

Just now, darrenrover said:

Assuming Brad comes back a similar player he was prior to his injury, considering his style, strengths and weaknesses, where would he be best incorporated into the current team. It's a bit of a quandary for me because I think he'd struggle with our high tempo style of play. Nobody can doubt his ability on the ball and his goalscoring knack but I scratch my head to see who he'd replace or where he'd best fit in. What are others thoughts?....

Mowbray said he could fit in with the 3 in midfield. If we keep this system that's probably his best bet. He isn't a wide man by any stretch of the imagination but then neither is Gally so who knows....

I certainly wouldn't put him in a front three. Our current pacy style up front doesn't suit him and wouldn't suit the team at the moment either. He could take the Holtby or Rothwell role playing forward of the holding player (Trybull). 

He needs to be able to ghost into the box as he is the best finisher at the club. Holtby manages to do that, so Dack could too.

I think Dack and Holtby will compete for the same position to be honest. Playing them together might make us a bit light in a midfield three. In all likelihood, one of them will probably be injured, leaving the door open for the other, so it may not be an issue.

29 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Dack can operate in a 3-5-3, 4-4-1-1, 4-3-1-2 or 4-4-2. He is a player that can create as well as score 

That's not what I asked. Yeh he can create and can score, I agree. I'm not sure where he'd fit in though or who he'd replace currently without it adversely affecting our style of play.

Some have said replace Holtby with Dack, I can't see that as Holtby has been the positive fulcrum to most of our attacking play and I can't see Dack being as effective in that role.

Where would you play him in any of your suggested formations? He's a cracking player for a lump of lard with no pace but it's a conundrum for me!

9 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

That's not what I asked. Yeh he can create and can score, I agree. I'm not sure where he'd fit in though or who he'd replace currently without it adversely affecting our style of play.

Some have said replace Holtby with Dack, I can't see that as Holtby has been the positive fulcrum to most of our attacking play and I can't see Dack being as effective in that role.

Where would you play him in any of your suggested formations? He's a cracking player for a lump of lard with no pace but it's a conundrum for me!

I presume there is an element of sarcasm in the phrase "lump of lard with no pace" but obviously that is not true. He is not massively fast nor is he particularly slow, he has scored goals on the counter attack before where he has more than kept up with quick players. He also has the technical ability needed, and is very comfortable pressing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

He would have to come off the bench after today result surely 

I.wouldnt be changing the formation for Dack

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

My thinking is dack has to go Central and arma then goes wide left. The false 9, firminho role would suit him perfectly. 

12 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

My thinking is dack has to go Central and arma then goes wide left. The false 9, firminho role would suit him perfectly. 

Funnily enough, that's exactly what my son suggested too. But as I asked him, who makes way?

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I presume there is an element of sarcasm in the phrase "lump of lard with no pace" but obviously that is not true. He is not massively fast nor is he particularly slow, he has scored goals on the counter attack before where he has more than kept up with quick players. He also has the technical ability needed, and is very comfortable pressing.

Maybe a tad! You're no help though, you're another who evades the question. If Dack's in the starting eleven, where does he play and who would he replace? You're all just confirming I'm not alone having a conundrum! Up to now I agree with chaddy, best he could hope for is a place on the bench.

15 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Maybe a tad! You're no help though, you're another who evades the question. If Dack's in the starting eleven, where does he play and who would he replace? You're all just confirming I'm not alone having a conundrum! Up to now I agree with chaddy, best he could hope for is a place on the bench.

He'd replace Brererton if you're really desperate to get him back in the side. It sounds like he's weeks away from even getting a place in the bench, he hasn't even played in a semi competitive game in training yet.

7 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Despite his improvement recently, Brereton. Dack is the talisman and needs to be in the team imo. 

A bit harsh on Brereton. That being the case though and keeping the same formation and pattern of play, that would mean Dack playing in the left wide forward role as things stand and I don't think that suits Dack at all.

He is our talisman but left wide forward? Would we shunt Armstrong out wide to accommodate Dack?

As Tyrone and philipl have said, it's all hypothetical at the minute as he's not fit. Wait a month or so though.....