BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

23 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Jeez that was a heavy challenge at 3:12

What the hell was the fella playing at. A second tier friendly and throwing that around

Just what the doctor ordered ?. He's back on the bike now and he can't be treated with kid gloves.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Does anybody know if Ayala played?

Is that Ayala on the right touchline at 4' 33"? Fleeting glimpse of a tall clean shaven player.

Don't think he is in the group of players on the touchline greeting Dack at the end. Bennett still on crutches.

Dack's touch and ball control look to be all there but still ponderous moving off the ball in those clips.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Is that Ayala on the right touchline at 4' 33"? Fleeting glimpse of a tall clean shaven player.

Don't think he is in the group of players on the touchline greeting Dack at the end. Bennett still on crutches.

Dack's touch and ball control look to be all there but still ponderous moving off the ball in those clips.

It's going to be a while until Dack gets up to speed with his touch and confidence. Yesterday was a good start and probably the first contact play he has had so a couple of hefty challenges will help him mentally. I read they already have a programme for him involving a gradual increase of game time at under 23 level. I really hope that fans aren't just expecting the Dack of last year initially.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Looks like he gets more comfortable and confident as the clip goes on to me.

Still has the most brilliantly used big arse in English football when he steps across to shield, you don't lose that technique.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, philipl said:

I had a look at the stills on the Rovers website and it looks like Grayson and Carter were the centre halves from them. Also the fact Scott Wharton didn't play indicates to me that Ayala still has a problem.

16 hours ago, arbitro said:

I had a look at the stills on the Rovers website and it looks like Grayson and Carter were the centre halves from them. Also the fact Scott Wharton didn't play indicates to me that Ayala still has a problem.

He seems to have missed more games through injury in a couple of months than Matt Woods missed in about 6 seasons here. What do they make centre halves out of these days ?

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He seems to have missed more games through injury in a couple of months than Matt Woods missed in about 6 seasons here. What do they make centre halves out of these days ?

Some players have a reputation for it in the modern game and we have had our fair share.

I remember many years ago and I was at Sheffield Wednesday as fourth official and Benito Carbone went down like he had been shot. My instinct told me that the physio would be busting a gut to get on to assess and treat the seemingly stricken Italian so I stood on the touchline to manage this. The referee signalled the physio on and I expected him to be breathing down my neck but he was just about standing up, still in the dug out. He literally ambled on to the pitch and very quickly off again as Carbone was several yards behind him. I knew Dave Galley, the physio quite well so later asked him what it was about. He winked and said "you have to know your players" inferring that Carbone was a mard arse.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

Some players have a reputation for it in the modern game and we have had our fair share.

I remember many years ago and I was at Sheffield Wednesday as fourth official and Benito Carbone went down like he had been shot. My instinct told me that the physio would be busting a gut to get on to assess and treat the seemingly stricken Italian so I stood on the touchline to manage this. The referee signalled the physio on and I expected him to be breathing down my neck but he was just about standing up, still in the dug out. He literally ambled on to the pitch and very quickly off again as Carbone was several yards behind him. I knew Dave Galley, the physio quite well so later asked him what it was about. He winked and said "you have to know your players" inferring that Carbone was a mard arse.

Good player though. He scored two crackers for Weds in that 7-2 hammering we gave them.

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Good player though. He scored two crackers for Weds in that 7-2 hammering we gave them.

Another one who you wouldn't particularly want in the trenches next to you Tyrone. If I remember rightly he got a stupid red card quite early in that same game.

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Another one who you wouldn't particularly want in the trenches next to you Tyrone. If I remember rightly he got a stupid red card quite early in that same game.

You remember correctly.

5-1 up inside 24 minutes. There can't have been many Premier League games with 6 goals in the opening 24 minutes.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 123856.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember him leading Forest a merry dance shortly after he signed for us. It was like having Bryan Douglas back for an afternoon !

I think that was the same game. He was outstanding. I think he put their keeper on his arse at the BBE with a stepover before putting it in the net. I was a bit drunk so may be a false memory!

18 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember him leading Forest a merry dance shortly after he signed for us. It was like having Bryan Douglas back for an afternoon !

Was that the 7-0 game? Forest came to Ewood on a 25 game unbeaten run, which was a Premier League record at the time. Shearer got a hat-trick, but Bohinen was man of the match. Top player on his day.

• Like 1

Just now, LeftWinger said:

Was that the 7-0 game? Forest came to Ewood on a 25 game unbeaten run, which was a Premier League record at the time. Shearer got a hat-trick, but Bohinen was man of the match. Top player on his day.

Yep that was the one. I'd taken my youngest son to the game and we were waiting outside the foyer for autographs. It was starting to rain and most of the Forest players just brushed past everyone and got onto the coach. Stuart Pearce was almost the only one who stopped and signed autographs for everybody. Other players were banging on the coach windows but he ignored them and continued signing in the rain. That was the measure of the man.

On 19/11/2020 at 12:48, LeftWinger said:

You remember correctly.

5-1 up inside 24 minutes. There can't have been many Premier League games with 6 goals in the opening 24 minutes.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 123856.jpg

I was on holiday in France for that game i remember going to the campsite phone box to phone a friend back home to find out the result was with my Sheffield Wednesday supporting cousin at the time so bragging rights for the rest of the holiday were most welcome.

• Like 1