BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully he will be back for the upcoming home games.

Just look at Mowbray's comments about Dack and I would be very surprise if he took any risk with Dack at all. 

The next under 23's game will be 14th March against Arsenal

35 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Word is that Dack came through 90 mins against Salford today in a behind closed doors match, scoring twice and assisting the other in a 3-2 win.

Got to get him back on the bench for Saturday.

Laughable really that we’ve put him in that when we’re gonna have about 9 goals in tomorrows starting 11.

21 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Word is that Dack came through 90 mins against Salford today in a behind closed doors match, scoring twice and assisting the other in a 3-2 win.

Got to get him back on the bench for Saturday.

I can see him being on the bench tonight

12 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I can see him being on the bench tonight

I see no sense in doing that a day after he played 90 minutes. After his long layoff, he will be knackered after that.

On Saturday though, he needs to be coming into the frame.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I see no sense in doing that a day after he played 90 minutes. After his long layoff, he will be knackered after that.

On Saturday though, he needs to be coming into the frame.

I'm sure he could manage 10 minutes if we need a goal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I'm sure he could manage 10 minutes if we need a goal.

I'm (moderately) sure he could manage it. I'm not sure he will be very good at it. He won't be physically very sharp after 90 mins the day before, especially at this stage of his recovery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I'm (moderately) sure he could manage it. I'm not sure he will be very good at it. He won't be physically very sharp after 90 mins the day before, especially at this stage of his recovery.

He’ll still be sharper in the box than anyone else, that’s for sure.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He’ll still be sharper in the box than anyone else, that’s for sure.

It isn't for sure. It's a nice thought, but it's no more than speculation. Fully fit and ready Dack, I'd agree. Puffing out his arse with achey muscles? I'd much rather not take the risk that it doesn't work or triggers his injury against rough house defenders, for the sake of 10 minutes in which he is unlikely to do anything. 

It'd definitely be a Saturday return for him, for me. Maybe even a starting role by then, but probably prefer to see how he does for the last 30.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

It isn't for sure. It's a nice thought, but it's no more than speculation. Fully fit and ready Dack, I'd agree. Puffing out his arse with achey muscles? I'd much rather not take the risk that it doesn't work or triggers his injury against rough house defenders, for the sake of 10 minutes in which he is unlikely to do anything. 

It'd definitely be a Saturday return for him, for me. Maybe even a starting role by then, but probably prefer to see how he does for the last 30.

We’ll need to agree to disagree on this. He’s not on the bench anyway so it’s a moot point. His brain is that of a goal scorer whereas the lads on the pitch (and bench) tonight don’t have the instinct. Nowt to do with blowing out of his arse with respect. 

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

We’ll need to agree to disagree on this. He’s not on the bench anyway so it’s a moot point. His brain is that of a goal scorer whereas the lads on the pitch (and bench) tonight don’t have the instinct. Nowt to do with blowing out of his arse with respect. 

If you can barely move, you can have whatever brain you like, you're not likely to put it in. Dunno about you, but I've played when I'm shattered and my touch, shot, pass all desert me because my body isn't doing what I want it to anymore.

He'll be playing Saturday I'm sure. Regardless of how tonight went, I'm glad we didn't risk him.

Edited by bluebruce

He looked to have hurt his left knee last night, just before we made our final substitution. He seemed to run it off ok but his general body shape, whilst always bulky, bothers me a bit. 

He is such an important, galvanising presence. Vital for any future success this season.

On 04/03/2022 at 16:07, Mellor Rover said:

Yep up to a certain point of course. With the amount of training Dack has done, and the games he's played, another 90 mins of U23 football is going to do nothing to the strength of his ACL or whatever else TM tries to spin. He's just taking the pressure off Dack. All about him overcoming them mental barriers so he doesn't compromise himself or leave himself open to more injuries by trying to protect himself in a 50/50. All the noise from Dack's side (and there's lots of it) is get me back in gaffer, I'm ready.

Good management imo

• Like 1