BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am sure that would go down well. 

Actually, who was the last player to move directly in either direction? 

As others have alluded to, David Jones, having been on loan here, went there after. 

Similar thing happened with Michael Keane.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2018 at 03:48, philipl said:

Absolutely delighted to see this in the Sun which means it has no substance whatsoever.

There is an anti-Rovers thing going at present in certain quarters.

Yes Dack is immense. Probably being romantically starry eyed but got a hunch Mowbray has been given the greenlight to build a Premier League promotion winning squad around Bradley over the next two seasons which is why certain people are trying to kill this in the bud.

Dack is critical in having quality way beyond what is normally needed for a promotion push.

Absolutely Philipl.

That annoying 'won nothing' club from Blackburn are up to no good again...what can we do to stick the boot in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Waggy76 said:

Marshall Burke in 1981 ???

Johnny Price ???

Adam Blacklaw ???

Johnny Price is one of my favourite all time players. Sadly, I think he took his own life.

I remember being shocked to find he was an ex Claret. He'd been at Stockport for years.

Connelly was also an ex Claret, but I think he came from Manu. Blacklaw was a direct transfer-from memory. You are probably right about Burke.

• Like 1

Walter Joyce came directly from Burnley as did Adam Blacklaw.

Johnny Price was a terrific little winger, he played a few games for Burnley in the old First Division then dropped down to Stockport County. I saw him and Freddie Goodwin who also later played for Rovers playing loads of times for County and they were the mainstays of their team along with a very good goalkeeper called Alan Ogley who came from City.

I was chuffed when we signed him because I knew we'd get some end product off the right wing. He was a sort of slower but tricker version of Chapman. He did well for us and eventually went back to Stockport for a season or two. 

I was shocked to hear that he'd taken his own life.

Paul Comstive also played for both clubs as did the late, great Keith Newton.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Walter Joyce came directly from Burnley as did Adam Blacklaw.

Johnny Price was a terrific little winger, he played a few games for Burnley in the old First Division then dropped down to Stockport County. I saw him and Freddie Goodwin who also later played for Rovers playing loads of times for County and they were the mainstays of their team along with a very good goalkeeper called Alan Ogley who came from City.

I was chuffed when we signed him because I knew we'd get some end product off the right wing. He was a sort of slower but tricker version of Chapman. He did well for us and eventually went back to Stockport for a season or two. 

I was shocked to hear that he'd taken his own life.

Paul Comstive also played for both clubs as did the late, great Keith Newton.

Little Johnny Price was my favourite player, along with Tony Field, when I was a kid.

Always had his socks rolled down.

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Are Premier League clubs going to bid that for someone with only a handful of games in the Championship? Think they'll wait and see myself. He's 24 and has played 3 games above League One. We can all see he's a class act but other clubs might not see it to go that high on figures.

Cairney had excelled with Fulham and done well with us and I don't recall bids going that high for him. Interesting though that Fulham resisted and kept hold of him and then reaped the rewards of that as he captained them to promotion. So it isn't the foregone conclusion that some would suggest.

I don’t think so but £12m - even £20m is peanuts to a PL team. If we can take a £6-7m pint on a relatively unproven Brereton then they can risk it on Dack.

He will have been scouted and clubs will know his capabilities.

I don’t think he’ll go this window and I’d be very disappointed with Rovers if he did as not only would we lose our talisman but it would undermine our window and supposed investment.

That said, if we were offered £20m right now we’d be daft not to take it.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

Which pub do you drink in Stuart? Remind me not to go there. 6-7 million pound pint?

Must be Central London!

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I don’t think so but £12m - even £20m is peanuts to a PL team. If we can take a £6-7m pint on a relatively unproven Brereton then they can risk it on Dack.

He will have been scouted and clubs will know his capabilities.

I don’t think he’ll go this window and I’d be very disappointed with Rovers if he did as not only would we lose our talisman but it would undermine our window and supposed investment.

That said, if we were offered £20m right now we’d be daft not to take it.

I really wouldn't sell him at any price.Even that sum would not enable us to buy an equivalent replacement in time and the effect on the team and supporters would be devastating.

If he's able to attract bids of that size now, what would he be worth in 2 years time when he's helped us back to the Premiership?

How many millions is that worth?

That's the way I'd look at it. We have 3 more years of him and absolutely no need to sell till then whatever the offers.

I've lost count of the number of times fans have said "well with that sort of money we can improve the squad".

It never happens.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gumboots said:

Which pub do you drink in Stuart? Remind me not to go there. 6-7 million pound pint?

Sorry I’ve got nothing! :lol: 

6 hours ago, 47er said:

Must be Central London!

I really wouldn't sell him at any price.Even that sum would not enable us to buy an equivalent replacement in time and the effect on the team and supporters would be devastating.

If he's able to attract bids of that size now, what would he be worth in 2 years time when he's helped us back to the Premiership?

How many millions is that worth?

That's the way I'd look at it. We have 3 more years of him and absolutely no need to sell till then whatever the offers.

I've lost count of the number of times fans have said "well with that sort of money we can improve the squad".

It never happens.

No way will we resist a bid of £20m. Not unless we are already in the PL - or in the top 6 in January.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Never mind Dack leaving, not happening. 

On another note Southgate said he might have to dip into the Championship more gong forward, stranger things have happened if he keeps banging them in..... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45360558 

Seems like he's been listening!

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

West Brom put a loan bid in for Dack with him signing there in January for 15 million. 

Rejected by us. Don't need to sell and Dack only signed a new contract in summer. 

Dont need but it aint up to us - cut the power supply at Ewood now, no communications need to get to India.

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Dont need but it aint up to us - cut the power supply at Ewood now, no communications need to get to India.

Bid been rejected and I cant see Venkys selling him any time soon. 

Plus we don't know if Dack wants to leave either. Playing his best football under Mowbray why risk going somewhere else and risk not being the player he is here and playing for a good manager like Mowbray