Jump to content
dallydally

Bradley Dack

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Any nice girls around Blackburn he could be set up with? :) 

What is Diana Vickers up to??

There's a blast from the past. Always had a bit of a thing for her. I will let Bradders have her though if it keeps him at Rovers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/04/2018 at 14:22, DE. said:

One of Venky's few positives points is that they, for the most part, have insisted on getting decent market value for our players. Obviously there are some exceptions - N'Zonzi & Cairney for example - but I would expect them to demand a pretty hefty fee for Dack should any interest arise.

I Didn't actually think the fee we got for Cairney was a bad one given that at the time he had failed to achieve any real consistency and appeared to be a player who flirted in and out of games. Obviously he went on to be a far more influential player after he moved to Fulham but hindsight is a wonderful thing sometimes.

As for Sir Bradley, never mind who might be coming in if we go up, the first task for me should be to tie him down on a vastly improved contract with a release clause in the order of £20m which will hopefully deter any interest in him.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting quote from Mogga:

The boss said of Dack: “The last two games he’s been pretty poor and we have had a good chat about it.

 

“His performance level, how he’s got to look after himself, but he’s a great kid.

 

He's obviously well aware that he's been spending a bit too much time in Essex nightspots these past few weeks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Fulham and Cairney, if he does leave if they don't go up, I wouldn't be surprised if they come in for Dack. 

Hopefully a little birdy won't be in his ear telling him to move to London. I think moving to London would be disastrous for his career. Would have David Bentley written all over it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Speaking of Fulham and Cairney, if he does leave if they don't go up, I wouldn't be surprised if they come in for Dack. 

Hopefully a little birdy won't be in his ear telling him to move to London. I think moving to London would be disastrous for his career. Would have David Bentley written all over it 

Cairney's not quite a direct replacement for Dack. One makes chances for other people the other one makes chances for himself. Obviously a sweeping generalisation  and you can point out exceptions this season but I think by and large that's how they play. Could you have both in the same team ? Probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Let's get real no one is paying 15-20 million for dack. 8 absolute max

That is the reason for a high price. To put people off, not encourage them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West Ham bought that Hugill from Preston for £10 million. Hardly prolific in the Championship and hasn’t had a kick down there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Brighton bid £10m for Wigan's  Powell in January.

They did doesn't mean people will bid that for dack. No way is he going for that kind of money. Although to contadict myself it would take that kind of bid to be taken seriously but I don't believe clubs would pay it if that makes sense. Hence why he will stay at rovers

Edited by Oldgregg86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Let's get real no one is paying 15-20 million for dack. 8 absolute max

Maybe not now, that's rather the idea!

Dack is a bit "Besty" isn't he which is probably why he is still  plying his trade in League 1 at this stage of his career. However if he doesn"t let himself go too much in the close season and unlike this season hits the ground running I see no reason whatsoever why he can't bag another 20 goals in the Championship. Then I would say those are the kind of figures you would be talking about, particularly if transfer fees continue to go through the roof generally.

Someone told me a month or two ago that he had the best percentage stats of any player in Europe at that point  in terms of scoring  and contributing in goals for other people combined. No idea if that is true or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Maybe not now, that's rather the idea!

Dack is a bit "Besty" isn't he which is probably why he is still  plying his trade in League 1 at this stage of his career. However if he doesn"t let himself go too much in the close season and unlike this season hits the ground running I see no reason whatsoever why he can't bag another 20 goals in the Championship. Then I would say those are the kind of figures you would be talking about, particularly if transfer fees continue to go through the roof generally.

Someone told me a month or two ago that he had the best percentage stats of any player in Europe at that point  in terms of scoring  and contributing in goals for other people combined. No idea if that is true or not.

I reckon we would be between 4th and 6th without him. Between goals and assists he was responsible for around 30 goals. I would say Payne would have contributed about 50% of that. 

If he has a good pre season I don't see any reason why he can't do similar next year. The lad has something about him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Let's get real no one is paying 15-20 million for dack. 8 absolute max

But if United paid £100 million for Pogba...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Maybe not now, that's rather the idea!

Dack is a bit "Besty" isn't he which is probably why he is still  plying his trade in League 1 at this stage of his career. However if he doesn"t let himself go too much in the close season and unlike this season hits the ground running I see no reason whatsoever why he can't bag another 20 goals in the Championship. Then I would say those are the kind of figures you would be talking about, particularly if transfer fees continue to go through the roof generally.

Someone told me a month or two ago that he had the best percentage stats of any player in Europe at that point  in terms of scoring  and contributing in goals for other people combined. No idea if that is true or not.

I agree if he does what he did this season in the championship then 15 million is a ball park figure. This summer if bids do come in your looking at around 6-8 million. Let's hope they don't and if they do the venkys have more sense and see the bigger picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I agree if he does what he did this season in the championship then 15 million is a ball park figure. This summer if bids do come in your looking at around 6-8 million. Let's hope they don't and if they do the venkys have more sense and see the bigger picture

If he does the same in the championship next year, you are talking 20 million plus. Cairneys stats aren't near that and 22milion was mentioned for him. If Dack gets 20 goals and double figures assists the fee would be huge. He is English too. Anyway, If he got that kind of return, we would probably be going up. 

Not getting ahead of myself or anything lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I seen, he has far more about him than Cairney. My only concern would be that his physicality puts him in harms way more than Cairney. He seems robust enough, but he will definitely be a marked man next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If he does the same in the championship next year, you are talking 20 million plus. Cairneys stats aren't near that and 22milion was mentioned for him. If Dack gets 20 goals and double figures assists the fee would be huge. He is English too. Anyway, If he got that kind of return, we would probably be going up. 

Not getting ahead of myself or anything lol 

I suppose we will have to see the kind of inflation in player prices over the summer and winter . As of now I stand by what I said but in the crazy world of football who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I suppose we will have to see the kind of inflation in player prices over the summer and winter . As of now I stand by what I said but in the crazy world of football who knows

You've kind of answered your own question Oldgregg. That was the point I was eluding to regarding Dack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

You've kind of answered your own question Oldgregg. That was the point I was eluding to regarding Dack.

Fair enough :D

Let's not forget Spurs also paid 5 million for delete alli.

Edited by Oldgregg86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Fair enough :D

Let's not forget Spurs also paid 5 million for delete alli.

That Dele Alli was also a bargain! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Fair enough :D

Let's not forget Spurs also paid 5 million for delete alli.

Oh yeah. I'd kind of erased that from my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

They did doesn't mean people will bid that for dack. No way is he going for that kind of money. Although to contadict myself it would take that kind of bid to be taken seriously but I don't believe clubs would pay it if that makes sense. Hence why he will stay at rovers

The thing with Dack is he is a phenomenal finisher. This season isn't a fluke. He rarely misses. Mowbray said earlier in the season he was the best finisher at the club and with someone like Graham here that's not a bad accolade. I think Dack could score in any league.

20 goals for a No.10 who didn't start playing until October is pretty incredible going.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.