BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

All the 'stories' seem to emerge from one or two newspapers in tandem with the boys at Sky Sports.

Notice how we've now another pin the tail on the donkey effort this time with West Ham and Palace the supposed destinations. They've gone up a notch from Championship with WBA to Premier League presumably because the language coming from Mowbray makes it clear he won't be sold in January to a Championship rival so they've upped the stakes by bringing in mediocre Premier League clubs into the equation. Notice also how it emerges the day after Dack becomes newsworthy again with his goal and assists on Saturday, whilst there were no rumours at all doing the rounds after very poor performances against Preston and Wigan.

It's usually the same old culprits behind it and it's boring.

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That wouldn't make much sense. It's unlikely we could replace what he brings for 12 million 

" Sense " and what the Chicken Chokers might do with a potential fee don't belong in the same sentence. The only predictable thing about them is that they are un-predictable. I've given up trying to predict how they'll  react to any given situation a long while ago.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

" Sense " and what the Chicken Chokers might do with a potential fee don't belong in the same sentence. The only predictable thing about them is that they are un-predictable. I've given up trying to predict how they'll  react to any given situation a long while ago.

More stable now than ever. All down to Mowbray. They seem to trust him. Long may it continue 

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was the end of the road when he came to Rovers. He just got lucky with the deal. When I saw him play it was obvious he was playing from memory.

What I remember is that everyone was buzzing when he signed with us. He could have just stayed with Cardiff, they offered him a new deal, but he turned it down

10 hours ago, skous18 said:

What I remember is that everyone was buzzing when he signed with us. He could have just stayed with Cardiff, they offered him a new deal, but he turned it down

If you look back on the Whittingham transfer thread you'll see a few of us weren't " buzzing ". I had a bad feeling about signing him, especially on a 2 year contract. I just had a feeling he'd hit the wall. Watching him play was pretty sad, his legs had gone.

Didn't Cardiff only offer him a 1 year contract ?

22 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I thought whittingham was going to be the best signing of the summer. I really thought he would be the midfielder we were crying out for. A player with Abit of composure and a good range of passing after years of Lowe, akpan and co. Sadly I got that one badly wrong

• Like 1

To be fair a fair few were happy at the time including myself but this was mainly going off how Cardiff fans were treating his departure like the death of christ. His stats even in his last season there were very impressive. The fact he was indeed offered a one-year extension to stay there but was promised limited action also suggested he still might have had at least something to offer at a lower level.

It just never really clicked for him here early on with an early injury and our poor early season form - after that he could not force his way into the team and his cameo appearances were never that good either.