BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

If mowbray can get him until summer and get 20+m and it goes into the defence/midfield, I wouldn't be too bothered.   I believe Rothwell can do that job just as well given a decent run and no defensive responsibility. 

Only thing with Rothwell is that he doesn't score many.

9 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Rothwell has potential but needs to work on his overall decision making and end product. Can breeze past players though...At the moment we don't have anyone to replace Dack and Graham as I see it.

That's the problem - take those away and there aren't many goals coming from elsewhere - just Mulgrew's dead ball plays.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

If mowbray can get him until summer and get 20+m and it goes into the defence/midfield, I wouldn't be too bothered.   I believe Rothwell can do that job just as well given a decent run and no defensive responsibility. 

Rothwell has potential, but I don't think he has shown anything yet that would convince me that he can play the role as well as Dack. Hopefully he does though  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's the million dollar question with Rovers as if every penny or even most of it went back to be reinvested in the squad i'm not sure we'd have been where we have, the rank bad management of Coyle aside who could probably relegate Man City this season if he went there now.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, but the club has also said we don't need to sell him this window. So unless it's an enormous bid, I can't see him leaving. 

What's enormous though?

It's all relative right.

People keep talking like we're in a position to turn down tens of millions. (Based on statements from the club admittedly)

But since Phil Jones we've sold one player over 10 million in Rhodes isn't it.

I just think buying a player for 750k and selling him a few years later for 15 million is Venkys wet dream.

Just now, Silas said:

What's enormous though?

It's all relative right.

People keep talking like we're in a position to turn down tens of millions. (Based on statements from the club admittedly)

But since Phil Jones we've sold one player over 10 million in Rhodes isn't it.

I just think buying a player for 750k and selling him a few years later for 15 million is Venkys wet dream.

Buying a player for £750,000 and selling for £15 million would be any football club owners "wet dream" in fairness.  To be honest with you, I think that £15 million is such small change compared to what they have put in, they wouldn't be in any hurry to sell him. I reckon Mowbray has sold the "slow build" to them, with the aim being getting back to the Premier league. I think Dack stays as long as he wants to stay and Mowbray wants him. I can't see Mowbray being forced to sell. 

On Thursday, January 03, 2019 at 08:40, Bigdoggsteel said:

It seems once Dack is happy here, we are in no rush to sell. 

I am convinced he will do a Bentley unless he gets his next move right. Good would be Brighton, Newcastle etc, bad would be West ham or pretty much any London club. 

I know there is no loyalty in football, but I think he owes us next season too. Although we would need to be better in the window next summer to encourage him, much better.... 

Newcastle is a pretty wild city on nights out from what I gather, think that would be a bad move. Agree any London club would probably be the death of his career.

When he goes, he needs a manager who will keep him grounded.

• Like 1

Did any of you watch Mulgrews Q and A on twitter? It was good craic. One thing stuck out though, he said Dack eats mayonnaise on everything. What the hell like. I think he was serious. It's wonder he looks tubby at times. Everyone knows mayonnaise is bad and an absolute empty calorie overload. I'm surprised a footballer doesn't realize that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did any of you watch Mulgrews Q and A on twitter? It was good craic. One thing stuck out though, he said Dack eats mayonnaise on everything. What the hell like. I think he was serious. It's wonder he looks tubby at times. Everyone knows mayonnaise is bad and an absolute empty calorie overload. I'm surprised a footballer doesn't realize that. 

It is good for the hair apparently, which is obviosuly why Dack loves it ?

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

And Tugay was a 20 a day man.

He was in with the fans once at an away game and he nipped into the concourse a couple of times (pre smoking ban, of course).

Souness approved a storage cupboard in the Jack Walker to be knocked through so that Tugay could have a fag at half time. He didnt have to listen to the first 5 minutes of the HT team talk.

8 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Is that really true ?

According to whoever the Rovers staff was that told me it whilst I was filming in the tunnel and asked if I could store a tripod in what looks like a storage cupboard, yes!

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

According to whoever the Rovers staff was that told me it whilst I was filming in the tunnel and asked if I could store a tripod in what looks like a storage cupboard, yes!

Souness has said that too recently in an interview.

Think we'd be surprised how many pros have a crafty fag.

Feel like I'm telling but I spied that Dack had some "Snus" (Swedish gum tobacco - used to stop smoking) on his Instagram story...

so he's going to get EVEN BETTER now he's quit the fags!

Edited by S8 & Blue