dallydally

Bradley Dack

16 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I don't know, I think Dack could actually make it as a Premier League number 10. He's exceptionally gifted. I could see a bottom half team giving him a whirl.

If we don't go up this season I think he's a gonner to be honest. Someone will bite.

It’d be to a team we pass on the way up.

He’ll stay. One more season. At least.

Edited by S8 & Blue

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Utter nonsense. He's strong as an Ox and with decent pace. Sigurdsson went for £40m at one point in his career. He has similar 'physical abilities' to Dack.

Great point on Sigurdsson, very similar players. 

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not that we should entertain anything like that but if interest did materialise from Southampton it would be Dack in exchange for £10 million, Reed and Gallagher.

Interesting, even Austin and Reed. Are Southampton getting rid of any other talent?

12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Utter nonsense. He's strong as an Ox and with decent pace. Sigurdsson went for £40m at one point in his career. He has similar 'physical abilities' to Dack.

Agreed. I think people trot out the 'he's not physical enough' line because at first glance Dack isn't the tallest or most intimidating looking bloke, but he's got a very stocky frame and knows exactly how to use it to shield the ball and hold off opponents. You don't have consistently good seasons in League 1 if you have no physical presence. 

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Agreed. I think people trot out the 'he's not physical enough' line because at first glance Dack isn't the tallest or most intimidating looking bloke, but he's got a very stocky frame and knows exactly how to use it to shield the ball and hold off opponents. You don't have consistently good seasons in League 1 if you have no physical presence. 

He really does use his arse well.

39 minutes ago, DE. said:

Physically he's fine but for me he lacks a yard of pace to be a true Premier League player.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

54 minutes ago, Biz said:

He really does use his arse well.

It’s quite a batty as anyone who follows his missus on Instagram can attest.

Think they often tumble in his Rovers gear as well. Reyt good.

20 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Physically he's fine but for me he lacks a yard of pace to be a true Premier League player.

He'd have to compensate for that with very quick thinking and excellent positioning. I think he has it in his locker, but it's a question of whether he has the mentality to consistently do it week-in week-out. 

I don't think it was mentioned enough but his pass for Armstrongs opener last weekend was really sublime. If a player at a top 4 club did it, the pundits would have been drooling. 

Two observations

Rovers have scored some cracking goals in the 18 months Dack has been with us, and

Dack's distribution is fabulous- I don't think that gets enough notice. 

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He's not a flier but he's got a great change of pace. He can go from walking with the ball to a sprint really quickly. Bryan Douglas had that asset also.

Scouts may be reading this site......Dack is useless, has no pace, is weak and likes a beer. Stay well clear!!

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Two observations

Rovers have scored some cracking goals in the 18 months Dack has been with us, and

Dack's distribution is fabulous- I don't think that gets enough notice. 

Rovers also missed a lot of sitters too. Lots of 1 on 1's straight at the keeper.

Whilst Id love him to stay, if I put myself in his shoes...I'm 25 and have ambitions to make it in the premier league having never currently played there. Im off at the first offer from a prem team as the opportunity may never come again. One bad season or injury would see his stock fall.

The ideal is if we get promoted with him. 

2 hours ago, benhben said:

Whilst Id love him to stay, if I put myself in his shoes...I'm 25 and have ambitions to make it in the premier league having never currently played there. Im off at the first offer from a prem team as the opportunity may never come again. One bad season or injury would see his stock fall.

The ideal is if we get promoted with him. 

Absolutely...all footballers will want to play at the highest level and test themselves against the best. They look at their peers up there, what they're achieving, what they're earning and their ultimate goal is to get there themselves. Dack probably does love it here and I bet he enjoyed playing football for the Gils too but he will have ambitions of making as good a career as he can. Possible England honors too should he make the step up - its a no-brainer unfortunately should a prem club come in for him.

Proper piss-taking on Quest Football show.

They showed Dack's miss with the commentary - Blackburn would have won if  the Rovers player hadn't gone from "Bradley Dack to Bradley DOH!".

Doh!.jpg

7 hours ago, Husky said:

Proper piss-taking on Quest Football show.

They showed Dack's miss with the commentary - Blackburn would have won if  the Rovers player hadn't gone from "Bradley Dack to Bradley DOH!".

Doh!.jpg

Quite simply I think he didn't score because he was knackered. He saw Armstrong looking to whip the ball in but his legs just wouldn't get him there.

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Anyone follow Bradley's Mrs on Instagram? Seems as though they are on pretty much their 4th holiday since the season ended. With plenty of uploads of them drinking, clubbing etc. In stark contrast to other rovers players uploading themselves in personal training sessions.

14 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I havent seen this, but in general I see little to no point in getting hung up on social media over the summer, especially in terms of judging whether players are keeping on top of their fitness whilst on holiday. Didnt the whole team go to Las Vegas last year after promotion? People use their social media for different things, and ultimately its Dacks girlfriend who is clearly desperate to portray this flashy image in her desperation for fame and publicity.

I dont know if its just a lack of things to talk about, but I remember last season when Samuel was videoing himself running up hills, I imagine most if not all footballers do at least some fitness work over the summer to keep ticking over but people made a big deal out of Samuel doing it and how he deserved another chance to prove himself despite not having scored in the last 6 months of a League 1 season.

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I havent seen this, but in general I see little to no point in getting hung up on social media over the summer, especially in terms of judging whether players are keeping on top of their fitness whilst on holiday. Didnt the whole team go to Las Vegas last year after promotion? People use their social media for different things, and ultimately its Dacks girlfriend who is clearly desperate to portray this flashy image in her desperation for fame and publicity.

I dont know if its just a lack of things to talk about, but I remember last season when Samuel was videoing himself running up hills, I imagine most if not all footballers do at least some fitness work over the summer to keep ticking over but people made a big deal out of Samuel doing it and how he deserved another chance to prove himself despite not having scored in the last 6 months of a League 1 season.

I don't think Dack will ever realise his true potential. He's not ready to live the lifestyle of an athlete. Look at Ronaldo and then look at Rooney now.

It's their time now so he can do what he wants although he probably needs to reel her in a bit, not that he dare i bet but hopefully he gets it all out of his system in the summer

Bad publicity will probably serve to keep him at Ewood for now anyway and if he comes back in bad shape and a club comes in for him but he flunks the medical it's his own stupid fault.  Something tells me he's on a large set of Wonga these days at Rovers his lifestyle reflects that of a top player not a Championship plodder and also Mowbray always seems very confident he'll stay for some reason. Could be he knows what he can get away with with this manager and it suits his z list activities so he's happy.

He'll be top earner or close to it and on far more than he would ever have hoped for at Gillingham. Probably explains the lifestyle. He was going nowhere fast until we went in and gave him a platform in a good side and all parties have reaped the rewards. 

Biggest problem isn't his bird it's the media and agent chums down in London who will be bending his ear every other week after landing him a big move and a mega contract. He strikes me as being happy here and grateful to the club and manager but it doesn't take long with some of the low life that operate in football these days to engineer what they want. Alarm bells going for me when he was invited onto Soccer AM. Sort of thing not every Championship player gets to do and probably had countless agent connected Sky lackeys in his ear ever since.

Could nip everything in the bud early doors by getting him tied to a new deal, which was rumoured back in January whilst that rumour mill was in overdrive but never came to anything.

He'll do one more year, and next summer he'll go. He's well within his rights to go next year too for me, he deserves the opportunity. The type of player than the English national side is begging for. Nobody in England's midfield takes the ball on the half turn like Dacky does.