dallydally

Bradley Dack

Dack is quality in a painfully average and pedestrian team. His ball retention, skill and finishing ability are lower half Prem standard. Considering how few chances we make from open play his goal return is excellent. 

He's needs to look after himself more though because he was obviously overweight in the 2nd half of last season. Or at least he looked it. 

The pace thing is a bit of a non-issue. You don't have to be especially quick to play as a No.10. The timing of runs and a good football brain are far more important in his position. 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Dack is quality in a painfully average and pedestrian team. His ball retention, skill and finishing ability are lower half Prem standard. Considering how few chances we make from open play his goal return is excellent. 

He's needs to look after himself more though because he was obviously overweight in the 2nd half of last season. Or at least he looked it. 

The pace thing is a bit of a non-issue. You don't have to be especially quick to play as a No.10. The timing of runs and a good football brain are far more important in his position. 

I think he's easy to defend against and the second half of the season proved that.  He's a bit of a one trick pony and his lack of pace will keep him at this level. No doubt he's a quality player, but we need him slimmer, hungry, shaven every now and then , and him to come back after preseason like a feckin animal.  Then I'll even consider what you are saying.  He needs to live it, not piss around.

Shaven? Dack is mediocre because he has a beard? We got a few of those.

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

🤩🤩

I presume Ben Whiteman will be confirmed soon with Adkins leaving Hull?

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think he's easy to defend against and the second half of the season proved that.  He's a bit of a one trick pony and his lack of pace will keep him at this level. No doubt he's a quality player, but we need him slimmer, hungry, shaven every now and then , and him to come back after preseason like a feckin animal.  Then I'll even consider what you are saying.  He needs to live it, not piss around.

Honestly Sparks - you do realise you’ve just described him as mediocre?

Just now, Biz said:

Honestly Sparks - you do realise you’ve just described him as mediocre?

He has been mediocre because of his shape, lifestyle etc. Quality players are all through the leagues

35 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He has been mediocre because of his shape, lifestyle etc. Quality players are all through the leagues

I think that word is just a bit over critical personally. He had a dip with the team, looked to be “over-trying” at times or appearing to force things. Mediocre is a word I save for Evans and Williams generally!

Would his lifestyle impact his fitness and ability? Yes, possibly, but so does his personality - the audacity of his play at times coupled with his talismanic impact on and off the pitch.

Dack often appears anonymous during a game but he does three or four things no-one else on the pitch could do.

That's why I like him. His fitness, his attitude, his off the field life, are all aspects which a good manger can work on but those silky skills he has cannot---they are instinctive and we are lucky to have him.

On 11/06/2019 at 19:43, K-Hod said:

Fair enough, if you've got a problem with his off the field antics and the celebrity nature of his girlfriend, I think a lot of people are re-writing history about Dack here.

Barring a couple of spells where we went off the boil, he's been our talisman and top scorer for the last two seasons. 

If he does leave, we will miss him a lot more than he misses us. 

This is just brilliant. 

Dack is absolutely class and apart from the odd blip here and there we are lucky to have him as a player! 

I am still trying to find evidence of this celebrity lifestyle Dack has been leading during his time with us that has warranted the mediocre claims.............................

I don't dare to suggest most are confusing his rich lifestyle with a celebrity lifestyle - of course he's got a plastic mrs, designer clothes and taste for good things....he's on more than 10k a week, so would you!

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I am still trying to find evidence of this celebrity lifestyle Dack has been leading during his time with us that has warranted the mediocre claims.............................

I don't dare to suggest most are confusing his rich lifestyle with a celebrity lifestyle - of course he's got a plastic mrs, designer clothes and taste for good things....he's on more than 10k a week, so would you!

I asked the same question the other day.

Nobody provided an answer.

He's a 20 odd year old footballer. Glamour follows them around.

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You have seen him crouching down at a friends BBQ haven't you?

I reckon Ms. Atwood brings home far more bacon than the average footballer's WAG too.

Doesn't seem a bad lass all told really, but she gets some pretty unfair commentary on here I have to say. 

Dack is a top player, that’s for sure. Has he got the hunger and desire to be a top, top player? I’m not convinced he has. 

I’m not convinced he’s the type to put in extra hours when he doesn’t have to. We see the likes of Travis on Insta putting in the work for next season already, whereas I suspect Dack is more interested in living the party lifestyle over the summer with his ‘celebrity’ girlfriend. He’s perfectly entitled to do that but perhaps it gives a bit of an insight into the different priorities of players.

42 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I think hunger is his problem tbh.

Mayonnaise specifically.

3 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Dack is a top player, that’s for sure. Has he got the hunger and desire to be a top, top player? I’m not convinced he has. 

I’m not convinced he’s the type to put in extra hours when he doesn’t have to. We see the likes of Travis on Insta putting in the work for next season already, whereas I suspect Dack is more interested in living the party lifestyle over the summer with his ‘celebrity’ girlfriend. He’s perfectly entitled to do that but perhaps it gives a bit of an insight into the different priorities of players.

Is it fair to base this on peoples Instagram's or social media?

I dont have Instagram but from everything thats posted on here etc, the vast majority of it is posted by his attention desperate girlfriend, putting up videos from when they go out will be much more interesting to her followers presumably that videos of Dack training. I am sure Dack has done something to keep himself ticking over too, and I'm sure Travis has got pissed up on holiday over the summer.

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 16:00, S8 & Blue said:

I think hunger is his problem tbh.

If Dack had a real hunger and burning desire to play in the  Prem he would be pushing for a move away from Ewood right now either to a top Championship Club or mid to lower Prem club....

Another season with us then he will be off in my opinion. If and when he does go, I'd wish him luck, he has been great for us. 

On 14/06/2019 at 15:18, rovers11 said:

I’m not convinced he’s the type to put in extra hours when he doesn’t have to.

You could say the same about many club legends for us, Garner & Tugay being the obvious ones.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he gets better for the greater benefit of the club (whether that's achieving success here or a bringing in a massive transfer fee) and himself, but if Garner/Tugay status is all he ends up achieving at the end of his career I'll take that as a Rovers fan, even if it could be legitimately argued by then that he didn't make the most of his natural talent from this point onwards.

Edited by Atko's Engine
Grammar & spelling!!

33 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

You could say the same about many club legends for us, Garner & Tugay bring the obvious ones.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he gets better for the greater benefit of the club (whether that's achieving success here or a bringing in a massive transfer fee) and himself, but if Garner/Tugay status is all he ends up achieving at the end of his career I'll take that as a Rovers fan, even if it could be legitimately argued by then that he didn't make the most of his natural talent from this point onwards.

Spot on. 

Bradley Dack is a bloody good footballer and I enjoy watching him...

Many years ago ,I saw Tony Field he was a breath of fresh air and a  good un ...

After Bowyer's refusal to play attacking players and the Coyle  fiasco , Brad Dack is of similar Ilk , enjoy him whilst you can !!!

2 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Bradley Dack is a bloody good footballer and I enjoy watching him...

Many years ago ,I saw Tony Field he was a breath of fresh air and a  good un ...

After Bowyer's refusal to play attacking players and the Coyle  fiasco , Brad Dack is of similar Ilk , enjoy him whilst you can !!!

Mm, Tony Field, what a good signing he was. He played a bit nearer the centre forward than Dack does. Not as strong as Dack but faster with quick feet, he was an excellent finisher. A bit Simon Garner style for those who never saw him play. Good enough to play in the old First Division when he left Rovers. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, Tony Field, what a good signing he was. He played a bit nearer the centre forward than Dack does. Not as strong as Dack but faster with quick feet, he was an excellent finisher. A bit Simon Garner style for those who never saw him play. Good enough to play in the old First Division when he left Rovers. 

I certainly wouldn't compare Dack with Garner