BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Dack's 2nd goal v Carlisle was Premier League quality. The way he received the ball, dragged it into space and planted the ball in the back of the net around the goaslkeeper in 2 touches and in the blink of an eye was right out of the top drawer.

I still think he might struggle with the pace of the PL (and he's still unproven in the Championship) but more goals like that and if he continues to progress then we won't be able to keep hold of him for long.  

Unless we get promoted to the PL in the meantime of course?

Edited by jim mk2

Bradley Dack, will at some point move onto bigger things than Blackburn Rovers, he could well become our biggest ever transfer. I just hope that when the time comes the club hold out for a big price and don't just accept a "good offer". When you look at some transfers of late Dack could sell for a huge amount.

Every player at every club has a price

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

Unless Dack drinks himself to death not sure what the actual point of that post is

I'm sure that has been thought about some of your posts on a number of occasions.

As every game goes by it looks like more and more of us are resigned to the fact that he'll go next summer, or even as soon as January. He's contracted til 2021 and I see no reason why he won't be at Rovers in three years' time; if we play our cards right we could well be in the PL by then...

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

Unless Dack drinks himself to death not sure what the actual point of that post is. 

Because before George Best drank himself to death as you delightfully put it, he was rather good at football...

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Because before George Best drank himself to death as you delightfully put it, he was rather good at football...

...as United's propaganda machine shoves down the throat as if a British footballer of any repute could be allowed to play anywhere else.

Why should I put it any other way? Actually what I should have said is washed up, selfish drunk who wasted a transplant and practically gets a state funeral for it.

Edited by Vinjay17

2 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Unless Dack drinks himself to death not sure what the actual point of that post is. 

Point being he's class, beats players for fun and has that same scruffy genius party boy enigma about him. In my opinion every time I watch him I always think of George Best. Can't believe I've actually had to explain that to you... You're aware that forums are for opinions? ?

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

Not sure he is in Best's class as either a player or a drinker but he could prove to be the best bit of business (financially) that this club has ever done if he carries on as he has been. Just hope we can match his ambitions for as long as possible.

• Like 1

I like Dack loads , he's been great for us , he's like a breath of fresh air at Rovers. Having said that he's not fit to lace Best's training shoes never mind his boots. The bloke was up there with Cruyff, Greaves, Di Stefano, Eusebio, the geniuses of 1960's football.

Dack's the latest cult hero, he reminds me a lot of Tony Field in the way he's idolised by the fans. Let's hope he doesn't get snaffled up by a Premier League club as Field was.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Point being he's class, beats players for fun and has that same scruffy genius party boy enigma about him. In my opinion every time I watch him I always think of George Best. Can't believe I've actually had to explain that to you... You're aware that forums are for opinions? ?

Yep, completely agree I remarked a month or two back he's "a bit Besty".

I would hope any release clause put into his new contract is sufficiently high to deter interest from all but the biggest Premier League sides.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

I’ve just exploded through a lack of resilience to irony.

We can accept that you didn’t like Best, or anything Man United for that matter, but at no point should you be questioning the point of other posters content, especially when you are the king of the “Quaalude” tangent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I like Dack loads , he's been great for us , he's like a breath of fresh air at Rovers. Having said that he's not fit to lace Best's training shoes never mind his boots. The bloke was up there with Cruyff, Greaves, Di Stefano, Eusebio, the geniuses of 1960's football.

Dack's the latest cult hero, he reminds me a lot of Tony Field in the way he's idolised by the fans. Let's hope he doesn't get snaffled up by a Premier League club as Field was.

I love that you put Greaves in there. He was before my time but I idolise him as a footballer. He devotes a page of his autobiography to extol the virtues of Bryan Douglas who he obviously rated extremely highly, which was lovely to read.

Regarding Dack, the first time I saw him play for us I remarked to my son that he physically reminds me very strongly of Best. Same colouring, body swerve and running style. Not as mobile, but if you put the famous Fulham versus Hereford game from 1976 featuring Rodney Marsh and Best into YouTube, Dack is strongly reminiscent of Georgie at that time. 

You are of course quite right about him being unfit to lace Best' s boots, but in all honesty not many were. Absolute genius.

Absolutely love Bradley by the way!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I love that you put Greaves in there. He was before my time but I idolise him as a footballer. He devotes a page of his autobiography to extol the virtues of Bryan Douglas who he obviously rated extremely highly, which was lovely to read.

Regarding Dack, the first time I saw him play for us I remarked to my son that he physically reminds me very strongly of Best. Same colouring, body swerve and running style. Not as mobile, but if you put the famous Fulham versus Hereford game from 1976 featuring Rodney Marsh and Best into YouTube, Dack is strongly reminiscent of Georgie at that time. 

You are of course quite right about him being unfit to lace Best' s boots, but in all honesty not many were. Absolute genius.

Absolutely love Bradley by the way!

We had the Best conversation too.

Such a joy to have a player like Dack in blue and white halves. We have to aim for promotion to keep him!

• Like 1