BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Well I can guarantee you that stat is completely incorrect. Off the top of my head for examples, David Luiz and Tom Heaton are definitely above 30 years old. Jay Rodriguez? Erik Pieters?

I meant to say outfield players- plenty of ancient keepers on the move.

David Luiz, Jay Rodriguez of course have plenty of Premier League experience unlike our Bradley.

The point is that EiT is pretty well correct.

Dack is either going to play in the PL with Rovers or the likelihood is he never will.

Edited by philipl

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Where are the goals coming from?

People have told you but you don't accept a different view. 

2 hours ago, Prelude said:

Very true! He really needs to work on this! I am going to watch yesterdays game tonight, Was he offiside much yesterday ?

Think 1 if I remember correctly. Which he wasnt. Had a good view of it. 

We ONLY 3 offside all game. 

Just now, philipl said:

I meant to say outfield players- plenty of ancient keepers on the move.

David Luiz, Jay Rodriguez of course have plenty of Premier League experience unlike our Bradley.

The point is that EiT is pretty well correct.

Dack is either going to play in the PL with Rovers or the likelihood is he never will.

You said no players over 27 had signed for premiership teams, regardless of position its absolute nonsense!

24 minutes ago, philipl said:

I am glad you are enjoying yourself!

I can't be bothered to prove you wrong but you are.

www.transfermarket.com got it wrong.

How the hell am I wrong? I've given you examples that I thought of in a few seconds ffs which proved YOU wrong.

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

He's actually 26 in a few days. So by the time he comes back he will nearly be 27. Could be 28 when he has proved he still has it.

And he’d be looking for a 3-year contract. I can’t imagine any Prem club will commit big bucks on an unproven (at that level) quantity till he’s 31.

• Moderation Lead
31 minutes ago, philipl said:

I am glad you are enjoying yourself!

I can't be bothered to prove you wrong but you are.

www.transfermarket.com got it wrong.

You can’t be bothered to prove him wrong, but he’s given two examples of players over 27, then blame a website. 
Odd.

• Like 1

Dack can forget about a higher club coming in now until summer 2021. January 2021 will be too early.

Rovers have a decision to make. Do we try and get him tied down to a new deal now despite everything being up in the air with his injury? Or do we leave things as they are until he is back in training knowing by then he will be free to talk to other clubs? Are we comfortable going through the lengthy rehab process for another 12-18 months and then waving him off on a free transfer at the end of it?

Difficult position all round. But one that was always a possibility in football. 

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Thanks. I didn't know when he moved there, but he's an example of someone who really got better with age.

He will have been 25 when he signed for Leicester, Fleetwood were non league at the time though so still a big leap up in class.

Guess who he scored his first league goal against..    

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Graham, Gallagher, Armstrong, Johnson, Downing, Rothwell,Holtby all need to chip in with a few. Along with others. 

I know Armstrong gets some stick on here, but I genuinely think he's always a threat even when not playing well.

I'm hoping we play him through the middle with a partner now Dack is out, I think he will score goals.

The rest of that list though, I've seen enough of that lot to doubt they will get between them what Dack has already scored this season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Graham, Gallagher, Armstrong, Johnson, Downing, Rothwell,Holtby all need to chip in with a few. Along with others. 

Apart from Graham who is on the wane, none of them have history of goalscoring. Its ok saying that they should all chip in but it would be presumptuous to expect it when theyve never shown in the past that they can do it. Downing is playing at left back, people like Johnson and Holtby are unlikely to get more than a couple, Armstrong is having a good goalscoring season for him but even with that we havent scored that many goals. The onus is on our strikers, Graham is on the wane sadly it seems and will miss Dack buzzing around him, and then we move onto the 12m strikers that should and have to be able to step into the breach.

My worry is that this is the time when the aforementioned 12m blown on 2 non scoring, ineffective strikers will come to bite us on the arse. Up until now, because we have had a proven goalscorer in Dack, Gallagher and Breretons inability to score has been a frustration but one we have been able to work around. Now that simply is not the case.

Mowbrays quotes about not having the funds to sign a direct replacement are a concern but understandable, the majority of the money he has had to evolve the side has been poured down the drain. Signing a goalscorer should probably be top priority in the transfer market, even with Dack we dont score enough goals.

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Apart from Graham who is on the wane, none of them have history of goalscoring. Its ok saying that they should all chip in but it would be presumptuous to expect it when theyve never shown in the past that they can do it. Downing is playing at left back, people like Johnson and Holtby are unlikely to get more than a couple, Armstrong is having a good goalscoring season for him but even with that we havent scored that many goals. The onus is on our strikers, Graham is on the wane sadly it seems and will miss Dack buzzing around him, and then we move onto the 12m strikers that should and have to be able to step into the breach.

My worry is that this is the time when the aforementioned 12m blown on 2 non scoring, ineffective strikers will come to bite us on the arse. Up until now, because we have had a proven goalscorer in Dack, Gallagher and Breretons inability to score has been a frustration but one we have been able to work around. Now that simply is not the case.

Mowbrays quotes about not having the funds to sign a direct replacement are a concern but understandable, the majority of the money he has had to evolve the side has been poured down the drain. Signing a goalscorer should probably be top priority in the transfer market, even with Dack we dont score enough goals.

Well Armstrong has a history goals in his career. Playing him up front would very much help the Dack loss. He has 6 goals so far mostly from playing from the wing. So if you actually played him up front with Graham or Gallagher he will score goals. Loads of pace and natural finisher for me. 

Brereton has barely played up front for us. I'm not going over whether we should have signed him or not but He can scores goals as he showed at Forest. 

Gallagher best spell came here 3 seasons when he played up front with Graham. He scored some good goals that season. We have to get him back there and actually created some good chances for him. 

We wont spell much in January especially if we have already a deal to sign Cunningham in January. Plus we need a centre back as a priority especially if Tosin is going back to City in January. Plus for me, Keeper is priority aswell. But I feel we will sell/release 3 or 4 players like Samuel, Hart, Smallwood, Luetwiler. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Armstrong has a history goals in his career. Playing him up front would very much help the Dack loss. He has 6 goals so far mostly from playing from the wing. So if you actually played him up front with Graham or Gallagher he will score goals. Loads of pace and natural finisher for me. 

Brereton has barely played up front for us. I'm not going over whether we should have signed him or not but He can scores goals as he showed at Forest. 

Gallagher best spell came here 3 seasons when he played up front with Graham. He scored some good goals that season. We have to get him back there and actually created some good chances for him. 

We wont spell much in January especially if we have already a deal to sign Cunningham in January. Plus we need a centre back as a priority especially if Tosin is going back to City in January. Plus for me, Keeper is priority aswell. But I feel we will sell/release 3 or 4 players like Samuel, Hart, Smallwood, Luetwiler. 

Neither Gallagher or Brereton have scored goals anything like with the regularity that Dack did and Armstrong cannot play up front until he learns what the offside rule is.