BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

On 25/12/2019 at 03:00, rigger said:

The thing is if he hadn’t been injured, he may well have been sold. So we loose out both ways. Lets get on with what we have got, and maybe strengthen or weaker positions.

Delayed reply.

Yes but we lose out a lot more this way. Serious injury and no cash to replace him with/strenghten the team. His contract will also be a lot shorter by the time he gets back and therefore less valuable. We do not even know how well he recover. Bad situation all around and i would certainly have chosen him to be sold over this injury.

56 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Neither Gallagher or Brereton have scored goals anything like with the regularity that Dack did and Armstrong cannot play up front until he learns what the offside rule is. 

Have either played the number of games Dack have for us? 

Armstrong can play up front. once offside in the last game. Same as Graham. Does he have to learn the offside rule aswell? :lol:

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Have either played the number of games Dack have for us? 

Armstrong can play up front. once offside in the last game. Same as Graham. Does he have to learn the offside rule aswell? :lol:

To be fair, we are top of offsides in the league and AA is a big reason for that.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Delayed reply.

Yes but we lose out a lot more this way. Serious injury and no cash to replace him with/strenghten the team. His contract will also be a lot shorter by the time he gets back and therefore less valuable. We do not even know how well he recover. Bad situation all around and i would certainly have chosen him to be sold over this injury.

If Dack is sold we have lost him 100% . With the injury, we have some chance of him playing for us again. Personally I prefer the second option. 

18 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I still recall the affronted look on the face of my youngest, when Garner-a local lad- did that chicken celebration in front of the Blackburn End.

Was he a Burnley fan, growing up?

I'm not sure who he supports, but I always thought that chicken celebration was all them years of resentment and bitterness coming out that he never made it here?

50 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm not sure who he supports, but I always thought that chicken celebration was all them years of resentment and bitterness coming out that he never made it here?

I am led to believe he is a Preston fan ,whether that is pre or post being released by Rovers , I am not sure !

On 01/01/2020 at 16:15, Stuart said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7837921/Olivia-Attwood-steps-fianc-Bradley-Dack-Manchester.html

Not on crutches? Maybe the injury isn’t as bad as thought. I would have full expected a few weeks on crutches after an ACL.

Me too. Maybe it's not as bad as we were told. Could be back sooner than a year,but the club don't want to put pressure on him. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So haven't seen it mentioned, the club has the option for another year on Dacks deal. Good news to be fair. 

LT article for reference: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18142237.bradley-dack-undergoes-surgery-acl---plus-contract-update/

I suspected that was the case, but a nice relief. Certainly changes the accounting of the value of our playing squad and how we manage FFP. Dack potentially leaving on a free next summer would've potentially been disastrous FFP-wise. Selling him for, say, £10m would've essentially counted as pure profit and would add a lot more room under FFP. Maybe we can't assume an 8-figure transfer fee anymore, but managing to sell him for, say, £5m with an option year left on his contract would still help a lot.

(All very dependent on Dack's recovery, of course, but let's look for silver linings here...)

(And excuse my very finance-centric view on the news :). Also obviously good news that we may still see him in a Rovers shirt beyond Summer 2021!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Selling Dack for a Gallagher-esque fee (and considerably less than BB’s) would show up the folly of our recent transfer policy.

Uh... may I humbly suggest that my complete guess as to how much we could recoup for Dack in a scenario where he has only recently recovered from a ruptured ACL (who knows what player he'll be when he returns), he has 12-months left on his contract, and perhaps is agitating for a move and thus we're trying to get what we can for him before he leaves on a free is unrelated to Gallagher's reported transfer fee :) (I'm honestly unsure if I'm completely overlooking ironic intent in your post or just not getting your point haha)

I would agree that we should try not to buy assets who grow in value exponentially only to suddenly rupture their ACL, throwing into doubt their transfer value just as they are approaching 18 months left on their deal :) (But now it is good to know that we essentially have Dack 'under control' for 30 months!)

Edited by RoverCanada

• Backroom

It's a bit of a disaster for Dack tbh. This was his time to move, if he was ever going to do it. Assuming we extend his contract to 2022 and opt not to sell him before then (not sure there would be much point if we're only going to get £5m for him) then he'll be, what, 28 and a half by the end? That's very late to get a move to the Premier League for a player who has never played there and recently recovered from a serious injury. At that point I think his best and only shot would be moving to a Championship club with aspirations of promotion. Certainly no guarantee there and if that club doesn't get there quickly he'll soon be 30, at the tail end of his career and very unlikely to make the step up to the PL by that point.