BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Godlike Genius of Charlie Mulgrew

He's currently the joint 5th top goalscorer in our division.

If Jack Marriott were to depart Peterborough this month, it would leave him only 2 goals off top-spot

Incredible stats, allied to the fact he's also more than likely the best defender in the division.

Invaluable to us

• Like 2

• Backroom

Way too good to be in League 1, one of very few players good enough to be in the Championship in our squad last season. Probably Coyle's only positive contribution to the club. Credit to our physio department for keeping him on the pitch for most of the season, too. Whatever they're doing has been working so far.

• Like 1

Top player who seems to grounded too. Before the season I said any success we might have would hinge on him staying here and then keeping him fit. I felt that Mowbray was gambling too much by playing him in FA Cup matches but he came through unscathed. In fact the only game he has missed through injury was at Rochdale which ironically he got playing for Scotland.

Hopefully he can get 20 goals this season to help see us over the line.

He was interviewed on Talksport the other day. He didn't put a foot wrong in the interview. Said all the right things. He is a great captain , the best we have had since Nelsen imo. You could hear how he wants to make up for last season and then to even go beyond that. 

Thank god we signed him on a 3 year deal 

• Like 3

He is a class act in every respect, both on and off the field. We are lucky to have him at our club and up here in Scotland his goal scoring exploits haven't gone unnoticed, while Celtic and Aberdeen fans still talk about him fondly, which says a lot. 

That said, there is a certain irony in him being a Coyle signing......

• Like 3

• Backroom

Good captain as well, never once heard Lowe shout on the pitch but can constantly hear Mulgrew organising things  and shouting from my seat in the JW lower 'HYEA HYEA' 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He is a class act in every respect, both on and off the field. We are lucky to have him at our club and up here in Scotland his goal scoring exploits haven't gone unnoticed, while Celtic and Aberdeen fans still talk about him fondly, which says a lot. 

That said, there is a certain irony in him being a Coyle signing......

Ya, any Celtic supporters I meet have nothing but good things to say about him. 

• Like 3

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

It's crazy he was on trial here loitering for a month or so waiting for a deal. Club's would be falling over themselves to sign him were he available now.

To be fair the majority of people on here were dismissing him before he signed as an injury prone crock and another dodgy signing by Coyle in that he was just handing a contract to one of his mates who'd never be out of the treatment room.

So perhaps it's understandable he went through some sort of trial process.

Got to hand it to Coyle on this one. Great signing.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t wish to brag, but we frequent the same barbers (not at the same time yet thankfully as I imagine I would embarrass myself).

Hes loving it at Rovers by all accounts, lives at Wrea Green, kids are settled at Kirkham Grammar.

Good choice. Charlie has a fantastic mane. 

• Like 2

Most of the thread has unfortunately been hidden. Mr. Boat is taking a well earned rest. 

Please talk Mulgrew in this thread only folks. If you have genuine concerns about grammar or spelling open a thread in the non-football section.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

It's crazy he was on trial here loitering for a month or so waiting for a deal. Club's would be falling over themselves to sign him were he available now.

His injury record was appalling, that might have had something to do with it. At the time I thought 3 years for him with that record was ridiculous....I was wrong. Again ?...thankfully.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t wish to brag, but we frequent the same barbers (not at the same time yet thankfully as I imagine I would embarrass myself).

Hes loving it at Rovers by all accounts, lives at Wrea Green, kids are settled at Kirkham Grammar.

Wrea Green? Lovely place, the wife and I often go tyre kicking at the new houses over there. I can see why Mulgrew likes it...and it's just up the road to Blackpool for Glasgow fortnight in July.

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To be fair the majority of people on here were dismissing him before he signed as an injury prone crock and another dodgy signing by Coyle in that he was just handing a contract to one of his mates who'd never be out of the treatment room.

So perhaps it's understandable he went through some sort of trial process.

Got to hand it to Coyle on this one. Great signing.

I think that was the very reason Celtic did not offer him a new deal.

4 hours ago, LDRover said:

Wrea Green? Lovely place, the wife and I often go tyre kicking at the new houses over there. I can see why Mulgrew likes it...and it's just up the road to Blackpool for Glasgow fortnight in July.

A truly beautiful spot, Ribble Valley with less rain!