BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Godlike Genius of Charlie Mulgrew

We’re lucky to have him but I think he’ll be around for a while. Always regarded as a top player but his injuries just about finished him off. I doubt anyone would gamble on him now as he’s over 30 so we should be able to enjoy him for another couple of years, fitness allowing. Looks comfortable at international level as well. Great player.

My thoughts too about him sticking around particularly if he’s happy living in Wrea Green and his kids are at school there and settled. Mind you the contributors on that Ribble FM show mentioned on another thread think he will only be good for another season should we get promoted!

5 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

My thoughts too about him sticking around particularly if he’s happy living in Wrea Green and his kids are at school there and settled. Mind you the contributors on that Ribble FM show mentioned on another thread think he will only be good for another season should we get promoted!

He seems very happy in any interviews i see him in. Seems settled and you can tell that he probably sees us as his last adventure. Excellent captain (especially compared to Lowe) and Downing has basically admitted that his own form is down to Mulgrew and learning from him.

Seems to be a top guy. A centre back with the technique and finess of a top quality centre-midfielder.

• Moderation Lead

It's an absolute delight to watch this lad in our colours week in and week out.

Every time he steps up for a free-kick (in a shooting position), I feel like he's going to slot it.

Wonderful player.

• Like 3

On 1/18/2018 at 14:01, Tom said:

Good captain as well, never once heard Lowe shout on the pitch but can constantly hear Mulgrew organising things  and shouting from my seat in the JW lower 'HYEA HYEA' 

For Portsmouth game I was late and asked steward to let me in JWL-DE. Close to pitch-side as anyone that day I witnessed Mulgrew's game, eyes everywhere commanding his team both voice and gesture.

Genius! We've got Mulgrew! 

• Like 1

Great player, great captain, makes the odd mistake but who doesn't, Dack and Smallwood have been very good but Charlie's our best for me.

Only bad thing about him is that he occasionally inspires Rangers/Celtic crap on a Rovers board, it appears sometimes some members can't forget their other allegiances.

11 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

. Close to pitch-side as anyone that day I witnessed Mulgrew's game, eyes everywhere commanding his team both voice and gesture.

Genius! We've got Mulgrew! 

One of his early games I remember the look he gave Lowe when he panicked one out of play.....with Charlie captain I think we might have stayed up

6 hours ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Great player, great captain, makes the odd mistake but who doesn't, Dack and Smallwood have been very good but Charlie's our best for me.

Only bad thing about him is that he occasionally inspires Rangers/Celtic crap on a Rovers board, it appears sometimes some members can't forget their other allegiances.

Rarely and harmless stuff, I would say 

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Still the best ever fanzine headline, when Mo Johnson signed for Rangers.

"Forgive me father, for I have signed!"

When Bergkamp signed a new contract at Arsenal there was 'Wenger's Wonga Makes Bergy Linger Longer' and when ICT beat the hoops 'Super Cally go ballistic, Celtic are atrocious'. The only two good things The S*n ever did.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hopefully it's nothing major, but hamstring sounds ominous 

FFS. Williams can do a job in centre half but if one of him and Lenihan were to get injured too we’d be F**ked. Rodwell fancies himself as a centre back but he’s barely played there, Downing not good enough for the championship either and if anyone says Nyambe can play centre back (Chaddy) I will top myself. 

• Like 1