BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Godlike Genius of Charlie Mulgrew

20 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The loyalty was the 2 year extension on a good wage, which he didn't warrant. Where was Mulgrew's loyalty when he ran his contract down at Aberdeen to sign for Celtic on a free. There wasn't any because by signing for Celtic he progressed his career and it is the same now for Rovers for us to progress we need to move on from Charlie Mulgrew.

Exactly.

It's suddenly about "loyalty" when you find yourself on the receiving end. 

Terrible tweet that from mulgrew. A nice fine should be coming his way. What does he want? To continue playing when he clearly isn't good enough. 

What pisses me off more are some of the comments under that tweet. '' rovers legend'... '' our captain''. Absolute nonsense. One goal scoring season in league one does not make you a legend Charlie boy. Close the door on your way out

• Like 2

Leaves a sour taste that.

Could’ve left highly regarded and as a good ambassador for that period in the club’s history.

Now he’s a shite centre half that whinges about “loyalty” because he isn’t good enough while still being one of our highest paid players.

Look at the way DG and Richie have left.

Pissing on the club here, Mulgrew.

Some captain.

• Like 5

Wow seriously? He should know there is no loyalty in football. Not from the players or from clubs. You are either good enough to get in the current team or get a new contract, or you're not. He isnt good enough for what we need anymore.

Should we just continue paying you anyway?

I guess this is where the row stems from and why he was sent out on loan - told he wouldnt be starting for us anymore and he threw his toys out.

As others have mentioned, pretty sure if another club came in for him and paid him even more than we did, he would have been off like a shot. It is just how football works. Now that he is at the tail end of his career and with salary caps looking like they will come into effect, he is just sounding off. 

• Like 1

Mowbray was really disrespectful in the LT the other day though ?

“I’ve had lots of conversations with Charlie over the last couple of weeks, man to man, talking about futures,” Mowbray said, admitting his future was different to that of defensive partner Derrick Williams.

“It’s not as easy as the eye might see, lots of things in the equation. Charlie Mulgrew is a good man, a good human being.

“He’s 34 now and sometimes as a manager you have to make decisions and as if it was just about the guy then Charlie could stay here for as long as he wanted for what he’s achieved for this football club.

“In two seasons, from centre half, to score 30 goals, it’s an amazing feat and he’s been captain of the club and led from the front and has been quite amazing for this team and this football club.

“Sentiment can’t come into it because we have to keep marching forward. It’s not about individuals, or me, it’s about this club and its supporters and trying to take this team back towards the Premier League and that’s what we’re trying to do.”

Pissed me off this.

The only person who can change this situation at this moment is Charlie Mulgrew, he can mutually terminate his contract with the club. His lack of football shows he isn't in the managers plans and with our financial plight it's obvious he wants him out of the door. The fact he is still here shows he isn't happy with the severance offered to him. The ball really is in his court, football or money.

29 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Probably in a position where he could talk himself into being paid off by the club to get a bad apple out of Ewood, and then pick up a new contract in quick time. £££.

He was very good for us in his first couple of seasons (relegation season and League One season), but for two years running he's been of zero use to us, because he's not up to defending at this level, and yet still has one more year to run on his contract. That means he's been redundant for this club for 60% of his time here.

We need to get him out on loan ASAP until his contract runs down. Alternatively, it might be in everyone's best interest if he's put on furlough for his remaining time.

If only they could be put on furlough !

Agree with all of that though its reached that point and no doubt he'd got offers and doesn't fancy another loan. Solution is he bites the bullet and asks to be released on a mutual agreement.

If he wants a big settlement he should be told to find himself some suitable loan option for the next 12 months. Time this club stopped bending over backwards for anyone and everyone.

23 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Mowbray was really disrespectful in the LT the other day though ?

“I’ve had lots of conversations with Charlie over the last couple of weeks, man to man, talking about futures,” Mowbray said, admitting his future was different to that of defensive partner Derrick Williams.

“It’s not as easy as the eye might see, lots of things in the equation. Charlie Mulgrew is a good man, a good human being.

“He’s 34 now and sometimes as a manager you have to make decisions and as if it was just about the guy then Charlie could stay here for as long as he wanted for what he’s achieved for this football club.

“In two seasons, from centre half, to score 30 goals, it’s an amazing feat and he’s been captain of the club and led from the front and has been quite amazing for this team and this football club.

“Sentiment can’t come into it because we have to keep marching forward. It’s not about individuals, or me, it’s about this club and its supporters and trying to take this team back towards the Premier League and that’s what we’re trying to do.”

Pissed me off this.

Ha ha that's a great example of TM now playing to the gallery obviously been made aware again what people are saying in the SM world.

Best manager we've had for that kind of thing the penny always drops eventually....

40 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Leaves a sour taste that.

Could’ve left highly regarded and as a good ambassador for that period in the club’s history.

Now he’s a shite centre half that whinges about “loyalty” because he isn’t good enough while still being one of our highest paid players.

Look at the way DG and Richie have left.

Pissing on the club here, Mulgrew.

Some captain.

The parallels are there, both DG and CM played here one season too long. Both players finished at this level but both treated differently.

Not sure having a pop at the manager is pissing on the club.

That said footballers really should have more sense than using Twitter to air their grievances.

27 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Something about joining Harlequins because they are loyal. And he tagged them.

I wanna believe he’s been hacked or is having some type of breakdown.

The lads won’t be having this at all. Whatever the manager isn’t he is fair and if anything too loyal. Hence the 2.5yr contract on increased terms Charlie.

Hope it doesn’t effect the dressing room.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I wanna believe he’s been hacked or is having some type of breakdown.

The lads won’t be having this at all. Whatever the manager isn’t he is fair and if anything too loyal. Hence the 2.5yr contract on increased terms Charlie.

Hope it doesn’t effect the dressing room.

Something has clearly gone on.

I suspect he has been dropped from the squad and told to find a club in the window. No matter how much money you earn that is going to sting.

The thing is he should never have come back into the team after returning from Wigan.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Something has clearly gone on.

I suspect he has been dropped from the squad and told to find a club in the window. No matter how much money you earn that is going to sting.

The thing is he should never have come back into the team after returning from Wigan.

I agree that something has likely gone on...

But, I don’t understand where he’s going with this. The manager has the right not to play him. It would seem he’s been told he has no playing future with the club and won’t play. Having said that he’s still training with the first team whilst most managers make them stay with the u23’s to force them out?

Maybe we’ve turned down a loan he wants because they won’t contribute wages or something like that?

Either way it’s piss poor from Mulgrew who’s sat on a big fat contract for 18 months. I hope Mowbray throws the book at him. Fine and removal from the Senior Training centre. That type of attitude is cancerous to any team.

I suspect he’ll be gone by Monday.

• Like 5