BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plymouth v Rovers

DeeCee

54 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Tickets gone on general sale. Would expect a decent following here, new ground syndrome for a lot of people, me included.

How can that be?

I’ve been to Home Park 3 times watching rovers and I thought you were a long established traveller

Just now, Jim Royle said:

How can that be?

I’ve been to Home Park 3 times watching rovers and I thought you were a long established traveller

Not really long established. Do all the away games and have for the last 9 or 10 years, but the last time we played at Plymouth was 1992, well before my time, still in nappies then.

14 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Away for the weekend jaunt to GUZ navy speak for Plymouth ☄️☄️☄️☄️Last time I visited speedier cracked a hat trick ????⚽️

I was there then, lived in Ossy then, live in Cornwall now, just ordered my ticket ;)

4 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

I used to be post on here when sparky was managing,pity the good members have now leave. 

1 minute ago, Mark45 said:

I hope to come into uk for this game,are many tickets given ?

Not sure. Have you tried asking the better posters who have left here?

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Nyambe MOTM.

I would have gone with Smallwood. He's the man of every match, actually.

I think Williams has been OK this season, but yesterday, he had an absolute stinker! I've not been too bothered about the Bell signing and the seeming drama of it all, but after yesterday, I think the competition for left-back can only be a good thing.

16 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I would have gone with Smallwood. He's the man of every match, actually.

I think Williams has been OK this season, but yesterday, he had an absolute stinker! I've not been too bothered about the Bell signing and the seeming drama of it all, but after yesterday, I think the competition for left-back can only be a good thing.

He put a bit of the blame for the goal at Williams feet after the match. Said he passed the ball to Charlie too hard. He's laying the groundwork to drop him for Bell!

Agree on the competition. Williams has been the only option. Mogga obviously doesn't see Jack Doyle as a first team option, he didn't even mention him the other day when discussing the left-backs in the squad.

Hugely looking forward to this one. 

Plymouth V Blackburn was the first ever Rovers match I saw. The date was 26th March 1988 and I was 8 (30 years ago. How times flies).

We lost 3-0 that day. We were in League two and the attendance was 12,359. Our manager at the time was Don Mackay. In the team that day was a certain Ossie Ardilles. Who was tearing Plymouth apart until they kicked him out of the game and broke his leg. A certain Nicky Marker featuring in this. A bit of Rovers Trivia. Ardiles is one of only three ex-Rovers players to have played in a World Cup final. Can you name the over two?

In the squad that year 

Alan Ainscow              
        (ENG)        
Midfielder          
  Steve Archibald (SCO) Forward            
  Ossie Ardiles (ARG) Midfielder            
  Simon Barker (ENG) Midfielder            
  Simon Garner (ENG) Forward            
  Howard Gayle (ENG) Midfielder/Forward            
  Terry Gennoe (ENG) Goalkeeper     - -    
  Colin Hendry (SCO) Defender/Centre back            
  Keith Hill (ENG) Defender/Centre back            
  David Mail (ENG) Defender            
  John Millar (SCO) Midfielder            
  Chris Price (ENG) Defender            
  Nicky Reid (ENG) Defender/Midfielder            
  Scott Sellars

Our record against Plymouth to date. 

Games won: 19
Games drawn: 11
Games lost: 19

Just now, markhayhurst said:

According to this article anyway

"Ardiles is one of only three ex-Rovers players to have played in a World Cup final, along with Dino Baggio and Youri Djorkaeff"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8204746.My_World_Cup__Osvaldo_Ardiles__Argentina__1978__1982_/

Good trivia, didn't know that.

Dino Baggio was appalling here.

Archived