BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Slowburn Rovers

Pedro

20 hours ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

I think Vratty Gresky had a few shockers before becoming a really solid left back, that was too short lived though as Danny Mills broke him on the last day of the season and he was never the same for us again.

I thought he was great until Duff left and then he was exposed and got found out pretty quickly. Duff did alot of tracking back. One of the most underated players I have ever seen ( Duff that Is)

Am I right in saying Samba had a bad few games at the start? Pretty sure he made an awful back pass on his debut and gave a goal away and did the same in his next game! Honestly didn't know what to make of him and then he just went into beast mode and we never looked back. Had some good years with us.

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Am I right in saying Samba had a bad few games at the start? Pretty sure he made an awful back pass on his debut and gave a goal away and did the same in his next game! Honestly didn't know what to make of him and then he just went into beast mode and we never looked back. Had some good years with us.

Samba was an instant legend, he was too tall for the dugout at Tranmere so was hunched over then came on and tried to score from a corner and did a complete air shot 

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Samba was an instant legend, he was too tall for the dugout at Tranmere so was hunched over then came on and tried to score from a corner and did a complete air shot 

You can only become a legend with that sort of start.

17 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I thought he was great until Duff left and then he was exposed and got found out pretty quickly. Duff did alot of tracking back. One of the most underated players I have ever seen ( Duff that Is)

Completely agree, if he started out at Man Utd instead of us you wouldn't have heard the end of it regarding how good he was.

12 hours ago, Tom said:

What a guy.

Am I wrong in saying he made a mistake in his first league game then? For some strange reason I have this image of him falling over and the opposition scoring. Can't remember who we were playing or anything so maybe I'm completely making it up.

Either way he definitely changed opinions quicker than most players.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Am I wrong in saying he made a mistake in his first league game then? For some strange reason I have this image of him falling over and the opposition scoring. Can't remember who we were playing or anything so maybe I'm completely making it up.

I remember him in the DE penalty box in what I think was his league debut at Ewood completely missing a cross that he tried to hoick clear. He looed like he's never played football before. Him and Nelsen were cracking signings. Hughes work in the transfer market was incredible. He got them two for less than the price of Dominic Samuel.

• Backroom
18 hours ago, Tom said:

I seem to remember his debut being Luton in the FA Cup... Hmmm?

On 1/20/2018 at 08:44, Pedro said:

I'll kick off with my favourite slow burner and best memory:  Andy Todd. He was a pretty naff, uninspiring squad man for Rovers until (it pains me to say) he was shipped off to Burnley on loan and came back one hell of a player.

We must have threatened to send him back.

Archived