BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Northampton

3 hours ago, damo100 said:

Would we hell, we struggled to get 20k for Premer League games, or have you forgotten about the good away support at Ewood?

I disagree completely- we sold 20 000 season tickets when Allardyce was in charge, due to the cut in prices. Away fans got put upstairs in the Darwen End that year. Even before I remember loads games at Ewood with us having 20 000 plus, in the top flight, and fans just having the bottom right hand corner. The only ones who didn’t have the bottom right hand corner were the big 4 Lancashire clubs. 

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I disagree completely- we sold 20 000 season tickets when Allardyce was in charge, due to the cut in prices. Away fans got put upstairs in the Darwen End that year. Even before I remember loads games at Ewood with us having 20 000 plus, in the top flight, and fans just having the bottom right hand corner. The only ones who didn’t have the bottom right hand corner were the big 4 Lancashire clubs. 

It shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to come up with a clear statement plus strategy to entice people back..old fashioned stuff like transparency, integrity, leadership, communication....oops then I fell out of bed!!

On 24 January 2018 at 00:07, Biz said:

Surely you’ve come to realise that if they left tomorrow, we’d be selling all of our assets immediately, closing most facilities and likely hurtling backwards even more?

Stockholm Syndrome

Expect Mowbray to go with the same again.

Raya

Nyambe - Downing - Mulgrew - Williams

Smallwood - Bennett

Samuel - Dack - Conway

Graham

Armstrong, Payne, Bell, Leutweiler, Nuttall, Ward, Travis

If it aint broke don't fix it approach, particularly after playing so well 1st half at Fleetwood.

• Backroom

I think after a brilliant win against Shrewsbury nobody was droppable, we got another great win against Fleetwood but a little more laboured and I think now it's fair to bring in Armstrong and / or Payne for Samuel and / or Conway.

Otherwise I would keep the same team and eventually bring in Bell for Williams if he looks like being the better option.

Every game has an air of must win at the moment, in 2 games we have gone from 5 points behind and almost at match point to above the Voles on goal difference so it would be a massive shame to let them get back in front now; they'll feel nervous going to Pompey after two bad results so let's just make sure we do our bit.

Bit nervous as it feels a typical Rovers slip up game; like Yeovil in the one season we were near the play offs in the league above.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He has a great attitude and experience though 

Him and Ward are out of contract in the summer. Graham too,but there is an option for an extra year there from the clubs side 

Is that option just for Graham or for all three?

Ward I definitely wouldn't give another year. Conway and Graham I might be tempted purely for experience in the dressing room but could you justify Graham's wage solely for experience? I wouldn't want him leading our line in the Championship that's for sure.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Is that option just for Graham or for all three?

Ward I definitely wouldn't give another year. Conway and Graham I might be tempted purely for experience in the dressing room but could you justify Graham's wage solely for experience? I wouldn't want him leading our line in the Championship that's for sure.

The option is just for Graham 

8 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Expect Mowbray to go with the same again.

Raya

Nyambe - Downing - Mulgrew - Williams

Smallwood - Bennett

Samuel - Dack - Conway

Graham

Armstrong, Payne, Bell, Leutweiler, Nuttall, Ward, Travis

If it aint broke don't fix it approach, particularly after playing so well 1st half at Fleetwood.

Agree with team selection to start with. TM spoke about Armstrong when he signed saying that he may rest Graham in some games and play the Armstrong card. With that kind of ability and speed on the bench we've a lot to look forward to.

As for Fleetwood, they allowed us to play well in first half but second half they played better and didn't allow us the same amount of space. 

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Conway and Graham I might be tempted purely for experience in the dressing room but could you justify Graham's wage solely for experience? I wouldn't want him leading our line in the Championship that's for sure.

Like it or not, he's the best striker at the club. Renew.

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

Like it or not, he's the best striker at the club. Renew.

I also think he’s the type of professional who’s influence goes further than the pitch. In a positive way.

From the Sky Sports preview of tomorrows game:

"Blackburn are unbeaten in each of their last 16 league games (W10 D6); the longest current undefeated streak in the top four tiers of English football."

Link > http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/11219834/blackburn-v-northampton-preview

Archived