BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances

damo100

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course, a few sell outs too, so the average could have been even higher.

Just a shame it won’t be replicated next season, as to see a re-invigorated Rovers away support has been fantastic.

Reasons - no new grounds for a start and in all likelyhood we won’t be going for promotion. Though, the main reason - a load of clubs charging between £30-£40 a ticket. 

At £16-£24 like we’ve seen this season, plenty will go for it, however large numbers of Rovers fans just ain’t paying £35+ for second division football - and you can’t blame them!

Me being one of them, tickets in second tier football should NEVER exceed £30 and that's pushing it. Problem is there's quite a lot of big city clubs in there who can still pull good numbers charging that even if they are nowhere near filling their own seats.

It's a racket but the way prices are going in that division it's going to end up a bigger rip off than the Prem.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Me being one of them, tickets in second tier football should NEVER exceed £30 and that's pushing it. Problem is there's quite a lot of big city clubs in there who can still pull good numbers charging that even if they are nowhere near filling their own seats.

It's a racket but the way prices are going in that division it's going to end up a bigger rip off than the Prem.

Leeds are crafty with it. They are regularly one of the biggest chargers for away supporters, but can get away with it with away fans housed in the main stand behind the dugouts. The corresponding area in the home end will be predominantly season ticket holders. Leeds fans who sit behind the goals or in the side opposite pay much, much less for matchday tickets. They often do promotions with bargain tickets and pack out the areas behind both goals. Norwich and Ipswich are similar with away fans housed on one side of the pitch.

Bolton are one lot who seem to enjoy charging ridiculous prices, they sometimes do it by allocating the upper tier behind the goals to away fans and then make the lower tier available once the top tier has sold out at a higher price.

Another reason Rovers should consider allocating Leeds, Ipswich and Norwich fans the top tier and charge them £35 a ticket like they do with us. It annoys me that we have to pay those prices at their grounds and then when they come here we give them the freedom of the Darwen End and charge them the same as home fans, usually no more than £20-25. We could alter our pricing plan at Ewood so that the top tiers behind the goals are the most expensive in the ground and then allocate that area to away fans.

Some might call that petty or nasty or whatever but for a club supposedly short of cash it strikes me as a simple way to increase ticket revenues without punishing your own fans whilst also sending a message to other clubs that if they want to charge our fans disgraceful prices then their fans will get the same treatment at Ewood upstairs out of the way.

Just now, JHRover said:

Leeds are crafty with it. They are regularly one of the biggest chargers for away supporters, but can get away with it with away fans housed in the main stand behind the dugouts. The corresponding area in the home end will be predominantly season ticket holders. Leeds fans who sit behind the goals or in the side opposite pay much, much less for matchday tickets. They often do promotions with bargain tickets and pack out the areas behind both goals. Norwich and Ipswich are similar with away fans housed on one side of the pitch.

Bolton are one lot who seem to enjoy charging ridiculous prices, they sometimes do it by allocating the upper tier behind the goals to away fans and then make the lower tier available once the top tier has sold out at a higher price.

Another reason Rovers should consider allocating Leeds, Ipswich and Norwich fans the top tier and charge them £35 a ticket like they do with us. It annoys me that we have to pay those prices at their grounds and then when they come here we give them the freedom of the Darwen End and charge them the same as home fans, usually no more than £20-25. We could alter our pricing plan at Ewood so that the top tiers behind the goals are the most expensive in the ground and then allocate that area to away fans.

Some might call that petty or nasty or whatever but for a club supposedly short of cash it strikes me as a simple way to increase ticket revenues without punishing your own fans whilst also sending a message to other clubs that if they want to charge our fans disgraceful prices then their fans will get the same treatment at Ewood upstairs out of the way.

A bit like sticking away fans just right of the halfway line at the back of the Riverside and charging them JW upper centre prices I suppose.

I do think clubs like Rovers should somehow try and find a way so it's like for like when we go to away grounds and pay £35 yet they troop up here and only pay say £25.

Brains in this area have been very thin on the ground but the noises Waggot is making hopefully he can get a grip of it now and come up with something. Also hopefully the days of rolling over to the police and giving over all the DE AND moving games to lunch time can be thought out with a bit more sense.

Putting home fans first and looking to get as many in as possible instead them obstacles when no TV money is involved for the club.

We did but everyone gets stung then whereas the way a few clubs do it i.e Leeds means their home ends could maybe get in for a lot less.

Although I don't know how much they are charged by the way it's just an example of being able to charge away fans the same as the top priced home tickets in the opposite stand at a guess.

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

A bit like sticking away fans just right of the halfway line at the back of the Riverside and charging them JW upper centre prices I suppose.

I do think clubs like Rovers should somehow try and find a way so it's like for like when we go to away grounds and pay £35 yet they troop up here and only pay say £25.

Brains in this area have been very thin on the ground but the noises Waggot is making hopefully he can get a grip of it now and come up with something. Also hopefully the days of rolling over to the police and giving over all the DE AND moving games to lunch time can be thought out with a bit more sense.

Putting home fans first and looking to get as many in as possible instead them obstacles when no TV money is involved for the club.

I believe we should be able to charge away fans what ever their clubs charged us.

Just now, 47er said:

I believe we should be able to charge away fans what ever their clubs charged us.

Definitely.   Don't see why it should be in tandem with home fans when most who sit in similar areas are on STs anyway. When they can cap away tickets at 30 quid in the Prem surely twenty is plenty in the league below.

On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 18:24, RevidgeBlue said:

How many home games are left? 4?

With us having a real chance of securing the title I don't really think price for the remaining games is a major factor in keeping people away. I wouldn"t be completely averse to £5 tickets for one of the remaining games but then you're going to possibly  **** off season ticket holders and almost certainly anyone who invested in the "bundle".

I think with the sales of the £10 Oxford tickets going theiugh the roof it is quite clear price is the major factor keeping people away.

1 hour ago, MGPensioner said:

is it cheap tickets (BB told you all so moment)

or just because we got promoted?

we will never know

I won't be going either way.

Cheap tickets. We've been going for promotion for months and crowds haven't really gone up. We slash prices and double our gate instantly. Seems like a lot of your 8k 'boycotters' are buying them;)

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Do you mean the ones turning up for the Oxford game who don't normally bother?

You really think a lot will do that ?  I'm a bit shocked to honest ;)

Seriously though I hope the place is packed with whoever !

Wigan did an identical ticket promotion to us for their game yesterday vs Wimbledon. Final home game of the season, £10 an adult and £5 concessions. They got just over 12,000 on. We could well have double that.

Top of the table all season and they’ve struggled to have 8,000 fans there - they could only muster 14k against Man City at £15 a ticket.

For us, there is a dormant fan base of decent numbers still out there if we can get ourselves moving again...

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Shouldn't laugh, but you reckon that lass has nabbed Bell's shirt off the skriker?

:D

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16193738.FAN_GALLERY__Charlton_Athletic_v_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mac#gallery37

I didn't see Rover the Dog in them pictures. Perhaps his decapitation at Doncaster was too much for him.

1 hour ago, MGPensioner said:

To watch the reserves go through the motions ? F**kin Joke.

@#/? me, cheer up pal.

I’ll be there celebrating a great season with promotion at the first attempt in the bag. Giving credit to Tony and the lads for some superb games and memories over the last nine or ten months.

Just now, Claytons Left Boot said:

@#/? me, cheer up pal.

I’ll be there celebrating a great season with promotion at the first attempt in the bag. Giving credit to Tony and the lads for some superb games and memories over the last nine or ten months.

....And that's what it should be all about!

Just think, I'd rather be a Rover than a Mackem!

26 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

....And that's what it should be all about!

Just think, I'd rather be a Rover than a Mackem!

Not sure about that in the grand scheme of things - their owner has sold up and left them completely debt-free. I would swap that for another season L1 no problem.

2 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

Would rather stick my 10 Venky dollars in a xmas card to Paul Cook

At least I would only be showing the same attitude as our "head coach" Tony.

2 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

Would rather stick my 10 Venky dollars in a xmas card to Paul Cook

At least I would only be showing the same attitude as our "head coach" Tony.

Another negative Rovers fan,who knows better than the manager,why don’t you sod off and support the dingles,or anybody else,pathetic post.

Archived