BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances

damo100

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At a minimum 13000 home fans from now on would be good. Remember when they used to give local schools free tickets, should do that for a game or 2, hopefully entice a few more to come Ewood regularly. How impressive does Ewood look when their are bums on seats.

I used to really get caught up with attendances when i was younger.  Justifying to friends from all over how smal blackburn is and how a large percentage of the population of the town go. Considering it is a diverse town.

But after the last 7 years i dont care about why people dont go or who goes. Times move on and peoples opinions. Responsibilites and hobbies change.

I just know the people who go ewood are proper fans and are enjoying it.

I genuinely think it is sad some feel so alienated theyve stopped doing what they used to love.

Just under 14k

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

- “Quite simply, the soul of the club has been restored."
- "I've got the passion back for Rovers thanks to what Mowbray is doing."
- "It feels like you're part of something special."

Some of the comments used by fans in the piece. I agree with them. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

- “Quite simply, the soul of the club has been restored."
- "I've got the passion back for Rovers thanks to what Mowbray is doing."
- "It feels like you're part of something special."

Some of the comments used by fans in the piece. I agree with them. 

Soul of the club will not return until the V's leave.

Mowbray is doing the minimum of what is expected of him.

Something special my ass lol

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Soul of the club will not return until the V's leave.

Mowbray is doing the minimum of what is expected of him.

Something special my ass lol

Your typical attitude. 

Mowbray has build a team that working their socks off, changing attitudes, team the fans are proud off, players who relate to the fans. 

Minimum? Mowbray is rebuilding a football team and IMO doing a good job. 

Special my ass? Why not special?

• Backroom

We've seen over 7 years of continuous failure and underachievement, so it's no surprise that this season people are easily pleased. We've seen it posted by more than one person here that we shouldn't be expecting to beat Oldham or Bury at home, which tells you how much pride and ambition Venky's have beaten out of our support over the years.  

What I like about Mowbray is that, whilst he does unnecessarily talk up the opposition at times pre-match, he holds the right expectation for the club. He is happy to say that we should be beating teams at the lower end of the table, especially at home, and has said that he wouldn't be much of a manager if he couldn't take this club up. That's the kind of ambition I want from our manager and I respect him for that. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Your typical attitude. 

Mowbray has build a team that working their socks off, changing attitudes, team the fans are proud off, players who relate to the fans. 

Typical attitude? I see no attitude in my post.

Mowbray has done a good job, i admit that but it is what was expected of him as pre-season favourites, with the biggest wage bill and net transfer spend. he admitted that himself - so essentially he is just doing what was expected of him.

How is a promotion push in Division three - special for this club? Special is where we were seven years ago.

14/15k home fans would be achievable but won't happen with Sky jerking the fixtures about and the club charging top whack.

They are maximising revenues that's understandable but there can be no complaints when the home turnout doesn't increase by a big margin if at all. You want that you make it cheap tickets OR you say no to Sky's coin, keep the games at 3pm and the ticket prices the same but get a bit bigger than normal crowd.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

A lot of them aren't proper fans though because they don't go to Ewood every game.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Your typical attitude. 

But it all hinges on promotion this season. At present we're on target and doing well and Mowbray gets credit for that. But its a close call and not much room for error. The only success will be getting over that line come May, not peripheral things like talking sense, attitudes or going close.

A team that works their socks off is the minimum expectation for any football club. The fact you are celebrating it as though it is something unusual sums up what we've become used to at this club in recent times. Not sure what the changing attitudes are other than we're winning every week rather than losing which makes it easier for most people to go to games and enjoy it.

He's doing a good job at the moment because we're on track to achieve our target. Lets hope we can maintain that over the final 11 games and I'll congratulate the manager on a job well done. Fail to do so and I won't be interested in what the players have put on twitter or what the manager says in his press conferences.

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Mowbray has done a good job, i admit that but it is what was expected of him as pre-season favourites, with the biggest wage bill and net transfer spend. he admitted that himself - so essentially he is just doing what was expected of him.

How is a promotion push in Division three - special for this club? Special is where we were seven years ago.

Guadiola is expected to win the league . Ask the city fans if it felt special when they lift the trophy in may

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Guadiola is expected to win the league . Ask the city fans if it felt special when they lift the trophy in may

The Premier League trophy - imagine if this little old club could ever get there...oh..wait a minute...we already were until this lot came in.

Doesnt really compare to a League 1 promotion push but still.

I have enjoyed this season more than most for many reasons. We all love a new ground, when I turn up for the first time in along time I expect to win and we usually do. The players look like they care, the manager is honest and cares, players where signed well before deadline day and no one we didn't want to go left. We also cleared out some very poor, high earning players. In top of all that and most importantly when I'm in the stand fans are as one singing and happy. No more screaming at each other and at times punches being thrown. This is down to mowbray and the players . Celebrating a good season is not backing venkys in anyway but like it or not we are where we are and have to try and get back were we belong despite venkys. This season is the first time in a very long, fractious 8 year's I have seen a glimmer of hope. Whilst it may not last you would be a fool not to make the most of it. Times like these for any football fan are rare so drink it in and bloody enjoy yourselves

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

The Premier League trophy - imagine if this little old club could ever get there...oh..wait a minute...we already were until this lot came in.

Doesnt really compare to a League 1 promotion push but still.

We where and it was magical. Even when jack was alive and up until venkys came that was never going to happen again. We shouldn't be in league one and I will hate their mismanagement (bring kind) til my last breath but we are there so we can cry about the past or try and build a future 

Edit . And that's not me being dismissive of our demise 

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

We where and it was magical. Even when jack was alive and up until venkys came that was never going to happen again. We shouldn't be in league one and I will hate their mismanagement (bring kind) til my last breath but we are there so we can cry about the past or try and build a future 

There is no future until they are gone.

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Mowbray done a great job in turning this club around from losing mental to positive winning mental. 

being Pre season favourites with the biggest wage bill and net transfer spend means nothing unless you win games at this level 

Special? this season has been very enjoyable and us challenging for promotion has been very good. Guess Fans who go to games and away games feel part of the club and the players thanking the fans after each and every games. Plus Mowbray honest comments to the fans and him spending time talking to fans is important

Archived