BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances

damo100

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray done a great job in turning this club around from losing mental to positive winning mental. 

being Pre season favourites with the biggest wage bill and net transfer spend means nothing unless you win games at this level 

Special? this season has been very enjoyable and us challenging for promotion has been very good. Guess Fans who go to games and away games feel part of the club and the players thanking the fans after each and every games. Plus Mowbray honest comments to the fans and him spending time talking to fans is important

I agree with you on one thing - this club is certainly mental right now.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree with the soul of the club is back. I’ve been to most away games but still haven’t stepped foot in Ewood since I decided the venkys wouldn’t get my money anymore.

I love the fact the players seem to care about the team/club/fans something that seemed a pipe dream with Orr/Murphy et al. But only going off what others I know say that Ewood is a morgue devoid of any soul whatsoever.

I personally won’t start to heel until the owners ship out. And if we don’t go up this season I predict away attendances will halve without the new ground stuff. Back to tumbleweeds and negativity. 

Mowbray done a great job in turning this club around from losing mental to positive winning mental. 

being Pre season favourites with the biggest wage bill and net transfer spend means nothing unless you win games at this level 

Special? this season has been very enjoyable and us challenging for promotion has been very good. Guess Fans who go to games and away games feel part of the club and the players thanking the fans after each and every games. Plus Mowbray honest comments to the fans and him spending time talking to fans is important

We're not all the way there with the mental attitude. We need more clean sheets, no late goals conceded and a few late goals scored before you can say we're mentally tough enough.

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It's a very good article and highlights the majority view of fans that actually go to games vrs the ones that watch the BBC stats page then moan like fook on social media.

Its been enjoyable going this season, remarkable in many ways after 7/8 seasons of disastrous decisions, terrible buys and **** in suits robbing the club blind,  I just hope the side can see this through because the fans deserve it.

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We're not all the way there with the mental attitude. We need more clean sheets, no late goals conceded and a few late goals scored before you can say we're mentally tough enough.

I can understand that view but disagree abit. we haven't had to score late goals in many games due to always winning before 80 mins. 

I would also like to see more clean sheets. 

I can understand that view but disagree abit. we haven't had to score late goals in many games due to always winning before 80 mins. 

I would also like to see more clean sheets. 

Teams with a good mentality  score in the last 10 minutes  and bad teams concede in the last 10 minutes. Just look at some of the last few seasons and how many goals we conceded at the end of games. Conceding in the last 10 minutes cost us our position in the Championship last season.

Obviously mental attitudes cannot be changed over night but we do seem to be learning our lesson in this respect.

There was 15,115 on against Rochdale over Christmas, put cheap tickets on and you will get more than that on at Ewood. Now is the best opportunity the club has had for years to put cheap tickets on and get some fans back.

I'd hope we'd get more attendances in the 16,000 - 20,000 range in the promotion run-in. The team is playing well, is good to watch when on form and there is a sense of excitement among fans that;'s been absent for years. It'll take years to win back the hearts and minds of many who have left but the ones staying away from Ewood at present because of the past errors by the owners are missing out. Life's too short; time not to forgive or forget but time to move on.  

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Life's too short; time not to forgive or forget but time to move on.  

Exactly what I’ve been saying Jim. Life’s Too short. If you enjoy going to the Rovers, why cut off your nose to spite your face? 

Football can be a rollercoaster for the fans of most of the teams in the leagues. Mostly downs rather than ups. Unfortunately, we have had two major detrimental occurrences in my lifetime. Firstly the debacle of the 1960 FA Cup Final ticket distribution and more recently, the absolute disaster of Venky’s. Both have been huge challenges for the club in addition to the normal problems of trying to keep the fan base healthy when the team isn’t doing so well.

I’ll hate Venky’s until the day I die and certainly won’t forgive them for what they have done. I turn sixty this month and couldn’t contemplate not setting foot in Ewood ever again. They won’t stop me from doing something I’ve done since 1966. Come on, life’s too short!

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I'd hope we'd get more attendances in the 16,000 - 20,000 range in the promotion run-in. The team is playing well, is good to watch when on form and there is a sense of excitement among fans that;'s been absent for years. It'll take years to win back the hearts and minds of many who have left but the ones staying away from Ewood at present because of the past errors by the owners are missing out. Life's too short; time not to forgive or forget but time to move on.  

To quote a film and not the book

"When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows… we shall have peace."

7 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I agree with you on one thing - this club is certainly mental right now.

Sure is. Walsall away was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I didn't make Wimbledon but I'm sure those who did loved every minute.

72 points with 33 up for grabs.

"Mental" times indeed.

6 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Sure is. Walsall away was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I didn't make Wimbledon but I'm sure those who did loved every minute.

"Mental" times indeed.

United away was brilliant too, as was having a well run club. Walsall away...Plymouth at home, Wimbledon and Wimbledon mk2, bury, Rochdale.

We are winning which is great, as it's been forever since that has happened but some ppl on here have a short memory. If this club goes caput, our last memory will be an expected promotion from division 3.

23 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

"Mental" times indeed.

You've got it wrong.

Better wait for the quarterly review before you start sounding off :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

United away was brilliant too, as was having a well run club. Walsall away...Plymouth at home, Wimbledon and Wimbledon mk2, bury, Rochdale.

We are winning which is great, as it's been forever since that has happened but some ppl on here have a short memory. If this club goes caput, our last memory will be an expected promotion from division 3.

There are absolutely no guarantees in football as I'm sure you know. A similar poster to yourself was demanding Mowbray be sacked during the away match at Shrewsbury when one down at half time - Shrewsbury being a team and manager that you much admire of course. If the club goes pop in the summer then my last memory won't just be of this season, as enjoyable as it has been, but of many previous seasons. Many. So many good memories, not so many in recent years admittedly.

The harsh truth is that there is virtually nothing we can do to affect this clubs future - whether we attend or not. An empty ground will embarrass them I read occasionally. What into selling? Really? Being turned over to the tune of £140+ million is embarrassing, employing Kean, Singh and Coyle is embarrassing. Being the first Premier League winners to be relegated to the third tier is embarrassing. They don't give a damn if the ground is full or not and never will.

The wind up merchant on the other thread can shove it. Polite applause if they turn up? No chance. As though they would turn up!?

It's a shame though, IMO, that you can't enjoy this season. It's been great, it really has. You don't need to explain yourself, you really don't, I understand the reasons.

This season has been enjoyable, because we've lost the habit of losing which was always going to happen the further you fall down the pole,  on a base level but the elephant is always taking up most of the room. ?

21 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

This season has been enjoyable, because we've lost the habit of losing which was always going to happen the further you fall down the pole,  on a base level but the elephant is always taking up most of the room. ?

It might be in your house, not in mine it ain't. You've not been for what? 6 years? My lad has loved it this season. Ironically he's been going for the last 6. He turned 13 last week. Most of his mates go as well. Contrary to the belief that most would be mincing around in City or United shirts by now. I just don't see it. They've deserved this season. 

Of course you might well be right, it could turn to rat cack. But if people can't enjoy and get behind and support what's happening right now. Then, well, you may as well pack it in. If you haven't already.

I know I am too cynical these days. I try not to be.

13. That would put him at the same age as when I wore out my recording of a 3-3 thriller Vs Leicester in 88 (novelty of the highlights being on TV). Hopefully he has such games and many many more to look back on including a victorious trip to Wembley at some stage. ( hopefully not this season.......as it's not required.)

4 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I’m not sure I can get a fag paper between your dismay at being in the third tier and “boohoo we aren’t in the Premiership”. But I’m sure you’ll expand on it in another 500 posts

9 hours ago, bob fleming said:

There are absolutely no guarantees in football as I'm sure you know. A similar poster to yourself was demanding Mowbray be sacked during the away match at Shrewsbury when one down at half time - Shrewsbury being a team and manager that you much admire of course. If the club goes pop in the summer then my last memory won't just be of this season, as enjoyable as it has been, but of many previous seasons. Many. So many good memories, not so many in recent years admittedly.

The harsh truth is that there is virtually nothing we can do to affect this clubs future - whether we attend or not. An empty ground will embarrass them I read occasionally. What into selling? Really? Being turned over to the tune of £140+ million is embarrassing, employing Kean, Singh and Coyle is embarrassing. Being the first Premier League winners to be relegated to the third tier is embarrassing. They don't give a damn if the ground is full or not and never will.

The wind up merchant on the other thread can shove it. Polite applause if they turn up? No chance. As though they would turn up!?

It's a shame though, IMO, that you can't enjoy this season. It's been great, it really has. You don't need to explain yourself, you really don't, I understand the reasons.

9 hours ago, bob fleming said:

It might be in your house, not in mine it ain't. You've not been for what? 6 years? My lad has loved it this season. Ironically he's been going for the last 6. He turned 13 last week. Most of his mates go as well. Contrary to the belief that most would be mincing around in City or United shirts by now. I just don't see it. They've deserved this season. 

Of course you might well be right, it could turn to rat cack. But if people can't enjoy and get behind and support what's happening right now. Then, well, you may as well pack it in. If you haven't already.

I have to admit I'm a bit of a part-timer. Being born and bred a southerner I probably shouldn't be allowed to be a Rover. It's a long story which I won't bore people with but I've always been a football fan. One Saturday, a few months after moving to Lancashire. my wife was working, I was bored and I decided to go to watch a game. Rovers were at home to Portsmouth. All I knew about Blackburn Rovers was Keith Newton. I went and stood on that funny bit of terracing between the BBE and Nuttall Street.

PEOPLE TALKED TO ME!! Coming from the south this was something of a revelation and certainly surprising!! With my accent I must have been thought a Pompey fan. I'd never had a team to support till that day. It was around 35 years ago. I've hardly missed a home game since and done some ridiculous things to get match tickets.

It's been a fantastic time. We've enjoyed so much. Yep the last 6-7 years have been horrific but even in these dark years there has been the odd day when no matter how bad I felt there would be a game which made the old, almost forgotten, passion and emotion well up, the pride return. I always say every football fan deserves a moment in the sun - truth be known most Rovers have been on the equator for the past 30-35 years. Be it Kenny Dalglish or Don Mackay, Steve Archibald or Alan Shearer.

My eldest was with me at all our home title winning games and many aways. We were at Anfield. He says his one regret is he wasn't old enough to fully appreciate it. You have to laugh. I've reached the age when one discovers life really is too short. The only thing to do is enjoy the day. Venkys? **** 'em. The Blues are going up. I'm still at Ewood, they'll never beat me and I'm enjoying every kick this season. Just hope I can manage a couple of away games as every time I've tried tickets are sold out by the time I qualify.

I hope your lad gets his moment in the sun and it lasts as long as mine.................................

Yeah I'm glad we have fans like that. I have an opposite point of view. It wouldn't do for everybody to think the same way. I've got pleasure from this season, even been to a few away games. I'll be thrilled if we win tomorrow and I'll be more than thrilled if we go back up. Until you realise that this lot have dealt the club a death blow.

For me it's like waking up in the morning when you have a serious illness. For 30 seconds , maybe a minute even , you feel fine. Then you remember the  diagnosis you got a while ago and what's waiting for you around the corner.

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah I'm glad we have fans like that. I have an opposite point of view. It wouldn't do for everybody to think the same way. I've got pleasure from this season, even been to a few away games. I'll be thrilled if we win tomorrow and I'll be more than thrilled if we go back up. Until you realise that this lot have dealt the club a death blow.

For me it's like waking up in the morning when you have a serious illness. For 30 seconds , maybe a minute even , you feel fine. Then you remember the  diagnosis you got a while ago and what's waiting for you around the corner.

The future isn’t nailed on, no matter how predictable it might seem. Go back 9 months, I would’ve laughed at the prospect of 1st in March, Mulgrew, Graham and new signings propspering. The predictable outcome was a slide into third tier mediocrity after another round of cuts.

Its impossible to ignore, forget and move on from the ownership scenario. I don’t think anyone thinks the opposite, but for all the negative things they’ve achieved in their tenure - simply footing the bill this season was a key step.

To add to that; Hiring an actual manager, giving him a some leverage and a remit, Improving the club directors, structure; these things are what make clubs successful at all levels, long may they continue, it’s the only way back. 

I think when it comes to Venkys continuing custodianship, less is more.

Less visibility of them - fine by me. Stay away.

Less discussion about them from fans. Ignorance is bliss.

Fewer mentions in the press.

They should keep their heads down and keep footing the bills that their idiocy created. Or sell up.

Archived