BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances

damo100

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Indeed tomphil, for a club of a limited fanbase, with the town of Blackburn itself ever changing demographically, losing not far off 50% of attending fans in one summer was a massive blow, especially when you consider we are in the most competitive region in the country for football clubs.

Yet despite that loss we were/are still getting more people through the doors than PNE, Blackpool, Burnley, Wigan were at this level. Similar to Bolton. Up to the Coyle slap in the face appointment we were around 14,000 or so average which isn't bad for the Championship when we look at Barnsley, Burton, QPR, Brentford, Ipswich, Hull, Cardiff, PNE, Bolton, Millwall all getting similar or less.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's credit to each and every one of the hardcore fanbase and the strength of feeling in the local area towards Rovers despite all the crap. That hardcore though was built up on the back of the 90's and beyond probably doubling in size from the 5/6k it had become through a couple of rather lean decades etc.  

As we've said though you can never second guess a large element of Rovers support and like similar clubs to us a few thousand or so probably just jacked it in overnight because we dropped out the Prem and would've done whoever was running the gaff. They are some of the types that flock back to the Liverpool/Utd games then disappear again, just there for the opposition basically, we al know a few like that.

Would they flock back every week again in the Prem ?  A lot probably would.

Just now, gumboots said:

Thank goodness I don't own a Range Rover. Having to visit Turf Moor on a regular basis might seriously damage my health

Joking aside if anyone has swapped the plush JW stand and big Rangy friendly car parks at Ewood for the Bob Lord stand and that hovel they must be very desperate to see Premier league football. B)

600 sold so far for MK, obviously still to go on open sale later in the week, but I doubt we will see any kind of mega away following. A potential for 7,000 tickets, just imagine that and with a bit of imagination from the club, we could have at least had a decent stab of getting close to it.

But no, just let folk play the £30 coach travel or eyewateringly crazy train prices and have 1500 or so rattling around in there..

I suspect with the game being on Easter Monday it might deter one or two. Plenty of people will be away or due to return to work the following day. Not one that you can go and stay over or have a day out on the beer with work the next day.

I think we'll get to 2,000+ but won't sell out the full 3,000 or get into further allocations.

Of course, Easter Monday is a bit of a strange day, so free travel would have been a great way of boosting that. I'm boring myself now banging on about all these potential crowd boosting initiatives, so I'll stop.

However, this season, though it is in no way where we want to be, is a great chance to re-introduce people to Blackburn Rovers, as people love a winning team at whatever level, the lack of foresight to engage with folk just frustrates me.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Of course, Easter Monday is a bit of a strange day, so free travel would have been a great way of boosting that. I'm boring myself now banging on about all these potential crowd boosting initiatives, so I'll stop.

However, this season, though it is in no way where we want to be, is a great chance to re-introduce folk to Blackburn Rovers, as people love a winning team at whatever level, the lack of foresight to engage with these fans just frustrates me.

Preaching to the converted Matty. Other clubs in our position who have had a dire few years yet have a chance to rebound back up usually see an increase in attendances as people return to watch winning football.

Interesting that Accy Stanley saw a 50% attendance increase from their average on Saturday. If they can achieve a major increase in attendance whilst reducing ticket prices then I'm struggling to see how we cant. They've gone down to £10 an adult for admission.

Don't think the club can really complain about the numbers turning up when making little to no effort to reduce admission prices.

The multi-game bundle has, as expected, achieved very little as evidenced by the attendance for the Blackpool game.

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Preaching to the converted Matty. Other clubs in our position who have had a dire few years yet have a chance to rebound back up usually see an increase in attendances as people return to watch winning football.

Interesting that Accy Stanley saw a 50% attendance increase from their average on Saturday. If they can achieve a major increase in attendance whilst reducing ticket prices then I'm struggling to see how we cant. They've gone down to £10 an adult for admission.

Don't think the club can really complain about the numbers turning up when making little to no effort to reduce admission prices.

The multi-game bundle has, as expected, achieved very little as evidenced by the attendance for the Blackpool game.

One problem with the multi bundle ticket, is that  when it was sold to me I would have been able to attend all six matches. Now two of the dates have changed I cannot go to two of the games due to work commitments Am I entitled to any money back?

3 hours ago, rigger said:

One problem with the multi bundle ticket, is that  when it was sold to me I would have been able to attend all six matches. Now two of the dates have changed I cannot go to two of the games due to work commitments Am I entitled to any money back?

Logic says yes, but buried deep in the small print, you will see something along the lines of, the date and timed of the kick off, are subject to change.

17 hours ago, rigger said:

It’s the same situation for ST holders so I can’t see it’s a problem and doubt you’d get a refund. 

On 3/19/2018 at 12:51, JHRover said:

Stanley attendance increased  due to  both Rovers/Burnley having no game ..and of course Stanleys Winners Sports Bar serving ale after the game for a pound a pint !Do not underestimate the power of alcohol at a footie game ..just see how many of our fans disappear into the Blues bar at Half time and dont re appear,watching the game on screens whilst on the beer..

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Do not underestimate the power of alcohol at a footie game ..just see how many of our fans disappear into the Blues bar at Half time and dont re appear,watching the game on screens whilst on the beer..

Our former overlord Ste B being a prime example... though he disappears after about half an hour

14 hours ago, Paul said:

It’s the same situation for ST holders so I can’t see it’s a problem and doubt you’d get a refund. 

You can’t see it’s a problem? I can. Next time rigger may well think twice about committing to a ticket bundle when game dates can change at such short notice. ST holders at least accept it will happen throughout the season.

Bumper £5 night matches. It’s the future.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

You can’t see it’s a problem? I can. Next time rigger may well think twice about committing to a ticket bundle when game dates can change at such short notice. ST holders at least accept it will happen throughout the season.

Bumper £5 night matches. It’s the future.

So ST holders have to put up with the inconvenience and possible loss of games but those who buy a six ticket bundle don’t?

My eldest son got an half ST this year and because of rearranged fixtures will miss three. Should he be refunded the three games he has to miss? Or does he just have to accept it?

Perhaps my lad might think twice before buying an ST for next season?

Fact is he isn’t complaining about it. Double standards on your behalf Stuart. 

Just now, Paul said:

So ST holders have to put up with the inconvenience and possible loss of games but those who buy a six ticket bundle don’t?

My eldest son got an half ST this year and because of rearranged fixtures will miss three. Should he be refunded the three games he has to miss? Or does he just have to accept it?

Perhaps my lad might think twice before buying an ST for next season?

Fact is he isn’t complaining about it. Double standards on your behalf Stuart. 

Rather an aggressive over reaction Paul.

Season ticket holders get 23 games and might expect 4 or 5 moves at the most at this level. 2 out of 6 is a much bigger wedge and shorter notice from the time of sale.

All I said was that he may think twice about buying next time.

Strewth.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Rather an aggressive over reaction Paul.

Season ticket holders get 23 games and might expect 4 or 5 moves at the most at this level. 2 out of 6 is a much bigger wedge and shorter notice from the time of sale.

All I said was that he may think twice about buying next time.

Strewth.

Not aggressive at all Stuart. You’re question has a tone to it, which you know full well.

The six ticket bundle was £90 I think. Two games missed is £30. Half ST £180ish. Three games missed £42ish. Seems an ST holder is expected to carry the greater loss in your eyes despite making the greater commitment.

7 hours ago, Paul said:

Not aggressive at all Stuart. You’re question has a tone to it, which you know full well.

The six ticket bundle was £90 I think. Two games missed is £30. Half ST £180ish. Three games missed £42ish. Seems an ST holder is expected to carry the greater loss in your eyes despite making the greater commitment.

It really didn’t Paul.

14 hours ago, only2garners said:

I'm a season ticket holder and I'll have missed 9 games by the end of the season - what do I get Stuart? 

The option of thinking twice about whether to buy a season ticket next season and paying on a match by match basis.

I think that's Stuart's point.

I don't know what the cost of the 6 game deal was but if you only attend 4 games, what is the cost per match compared to a normal match day ticket? Are you still saving ?(I genuinely don't know)

On 15/03/2018 at 15:59, Mattyblue said:

Of course, look at Burnley, their gates were hitting four figures when Dyche turned up, promotion added 10,000 people.

I don’t hear much from them about ‘bandwagoners’ these days <_<

Utter tosh and can't believe you are clinging onto the whole attendance debate, the very thing you used to mock  Burnley fans for. If we must do it though, lets stick to facts: 

1. In the full season prior to Dyche coming in average attendance was 14048, not approaching 4 figures at all - we've added about 6500 as a result of doing well in the Championship/Playing in the P/L - In Dyche's first full season it was 13719

2. The population of Burnley is 87500, the population of Blackburn is 105,000 (excluding Darwen). At championship level our average attendance as a percentage of the population was about 15.5% - yours was about 14.25% so very similar. At P/L level yours was about 24.5% (21.5 the relegation season), ours is about 22.5%.

3. Your season tickets cost around £279 - ours are upto £450. Fair play to your club as there is little doubt in towns where a lot of people are struggling financially making the tickets more affordable helps.

So lets be honest, both sides have bandwagon jumpers and all sides will get more on when they are being more successful - look at your attendances this season since you started seriously competing for the top 2.

Archived