SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances

damo100

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

This season is going down to the final day of the season with promotion places I feel.

Put the Coach load of Oxford fans in the top tier of Darwen End and let's have cheap tickets across the board....20k + a rocking Ewood and a day to remember.:rover:

Over to you Rovers......

and free travel to Charlton.

39 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

This season is going down to the final day of the season with promotion places I feel.

Put the Coach load of Oxford fans in the top tier of Darwen End and let's have cheap tickets across the board....20k + a rocking Ewood and a day to remember.:rover:

Over to you Rovers......

Yes well just because its how you feel hopefully isn't how it turns out! Sooner Rovers are promoted the better. Of course if Rovers have been promoted by then there probably will be a bigger crowd than usual. Still lower than the season average crowds in the EPL though. :rolleyes:

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Yes well just because its how you feel hopefully isn't how it turns out! Sooner Rovers are promoted the better. Of course if Rovers have been promoted by then there probably will be a bigger crowd than usual. Still lower than the season average crowds in the EPL though. :rolleyes:

Can you see Rovers being 6 points clear of either Wigan or Shrewsbury before we play Charlton in the penultimate game of the season? I can't.

Just now, darrenrover said:

Can you see Rovers being 6 points clear of either Wigan or Shrewsbury before we play Charlton in the penultimate game of the season? I can't.

Maybe not but the tone of the post felt wrong to me. I don't want it to go to the final day and neither do I care where promotion may be sealed. As long as it is.

6 points ahead of Wigan certainly not. 6 points ahead of Shrewsbury...possibly. Anyway I've made my painstaking analytical predictions (promotion thread) on the remaining games so work out from that where I feel promotion might be sealed.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Maybe not but the tone of the post felt wrong to me. I don't want it to go to the final day and neither do I care where promotion may be sealed. As long as it is.

It's Rovers Vinjay, it will. I'll be quite happy to drop my kecks in the proverbial 'Burtons Window' if we're home and hosed before we play Oxford.

It's Rovers Vinjay, it will. I'll be quite happy to drop my kecks in the proverbial 'Burtons Window' if we're home and hosed before we play Oxford.

I'm not saying it will be easy (even under Dalglish the club had to make things more difficult than they should have been) but one or two games before isn't inconceivable. 

Blackburn doesn't have a Burton's anymore. There is one in burnley though (I've just looked it up). With a bit of luck we'll be up by then and you can nip over there! That'll teach em.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

I'm not saying it will be easy (even under Dalglish the club had to make things more difficult than they looked) but one or two games before isn't inconceivable. If it was easy the club would be running away with the League regardless.

If it was easy Vinjay they'd all be winning it.

19 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Blackburn doesn't have a Burton's anymore. There is one in burnley though (I've just looked it up). With a bit of luck we'll be up by then and you can nip over there! That'll teach em.

If it was easy Vinjay they'd all be winning it.

There's still one in Sarlat bob, not that I think I'll be unbuckling my belt!

Well it would surely have been another 16k plus v Bradford on Good Friday even at top whack and if it was TV. Now a large gonad has been dropped after moving it with Burnley at home the same night and it shows the Police run Rovers games to their own tune surely they should have insisted it get put back to Good Friday regardless on TV to avoid a fixture clash ????

Pointless going on about crowds really when the super power that virtually runs the game continually ruins crowds for all but the biggest Prem clubs.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Well it would surely have been another 16k plus v Bradford on Good Friday even at top whack and if it was TV. Now a large gonad has been dropped after moving it with Burnley at home the same night and it shows the Police run Rovers games to their own tune surely they should have insisted it get put back to Good Friday regardless on TV to avoid a fixture clash ????

Pointless going on about crowds really when the super power that virtually runs the game continually ruins crowds for all but the biggest Prem clubs.

Am I missing something? Burnley play away on Saturday.

10 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Mike Cheston's pre-match attendance checklist:

Rule 1 consult Sky

Rule 2 consult Lancashire Constabulary

Rule 3 consult safety advisory (whoever they are)

Rule 4 do not attempt to fill ground due to cost of hiring catering staff, moving netting off seats, etc

Rule 5 Ignore fans

Please take out.

39 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Free travel to Bradford for Shrewsbury fans...

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2018/march/free-coach-travel-to-bradford/

We'll have 2000 or so at MK, imagine how many we could have had with a similar gesture...

Makes you wonder what role the Lancashire Police or 'Safety Advisory Group' would play in such a suggestion. Imagine they wouldn't be too keen on 4,000+ Rovers travelling down the motorways to MK.

Not too bothered about the club not offering free travel myself. It would have been a nice gesture but I think its more important that they try to fill up Ewood and engage drifting supporters at home and improve the atmosphere there. Charging £22+ a ticket for live TV games on a Thursday night isn't the way to go about doing that.

On Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 12:11, blueboy3333 said:

Shrewsbury are doing free travel to their away game at Bradford. 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Free travel to Bradford for Shrewsbury fans...

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2018/march/free-coach-travel-to-bradford/

We'll have 2000 or so at MK, imagine how many we could have had with a similar gesture...

Keep up Matty lad.

Shame on the club for patronising the fans with the 'amazing support' comments all season and then not rewarding them with free away travel for just 1 game (like Shrews have done). 

Obviously the purse strings are being kept very tight these days, but surely there has to be some wiggle room.

Promotion seasons (at any level) haven't come around that often for us, they are such a a great chance to re-engage with supporters, but the  present club seems to have a tin ear to the possibilities.

Archived