BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances

damo100

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outside of the football staff the likes of Pasha, Cheston and maybe Waggot will keep their cushy numbers even if we don't go up. If I was the owners i'd be saying boost the crowds a bit, get promotion or you're on your bikes as well.

Create a bit of a do or die siege mentality around the place not the buck passing, hiding in the shadows of recent times.

For Shrewsbury shifting a load more season tickets next season is a big thing. Yes, their season tickets for 2018-19 are already on sale and they're cashing in on the feel-good factor, they've sold 30% more this year than they had at the same stage last year. That money makes a difference to Shrewsbury and their owner/board know that. They don't know what league they are going to be in. They might be welcoming Aston Villa or Accy Stanley to their ground next season, but that hasn't stopped them getting the season tickets on sale in Feb/March and getting as many people tied down whilst in the habit and the results are good.

The excuse from Rovers will no doubt be that 'we don't know what league we are going to be in so don't know what price to charge' which is nonsense, as above. Beyond that I very much doubt there will be much, if any, change from this season regardless of what league we end up in. What Rovers mean is that no decisions on next season can or will be made until the dust has settled on this season and Waggott/Mowbray and Cheston head off to India for their annual audience with Madame when she has to authorise everything and agree budgets with her minions. Unfortunately by the time that has been done we'll be in late May or June and our window for sales will be much less than those of rivals.

The difference to Waggott, Cheston, Venkys or any of the other decision makers down there, between having 10,000 average crowds or 15,000 average crowds, is nothing. For Venkys they simply don't care, if they did we wouldn't be £95 million in debt to them, and I very much doubt any of the others are under any pressure to boost the numbers coming through the gates either. For those lower down the ladder its all about doing the bare minimum and ensuring an easy, stress free existence. The prospect of Leeds, PNE, Villa, Bolton coming to town next season won't be one that fills them with excitement. 12pm kick offs all around.

I think i'd prefer the club to fund cheap tickets for a home game (£5 kids £10 adults?). Lots of games are coming up which will be expensive to attract big crowds at home. A 'flag day' or equivalent would be good.

Looks like the Shrewsbury offer is just for the Official Supports Club, not everyone?

51 minutes ago, JHRover said:

For Shrewsbury shifting a load more season tickets next season is a big thing. Yes, their season tickets for 2018-19 are already on sale and they're cashing in on the feel-good factor, they've sold 30% more this year than they had at the same stage last year. That money makes a difference to Shrewsbury and their owner/board know that. They don't know what league they are going to be in. They might be welcoming Aston Villa or Accy Stanley to their ground next season, but that hasn't stopped them getting the season tickets on sale in Feb/March and getting as many people tied down whilst in the habit and the results are good.

The excuse from Rovers will no doubt be that 'we don't know what league we are going to be in so don't know what price to charge' which is nonsense, as above. Beyond that I very much doubt there will be much, if any, change from this season regardless of what league we end up in. What Rovers mean is that no decisions on next season can or will be made until the dust has settled on this season and Waggott/Mowbray and Cheston head off to India for their annual audience with Madame when she has to authorise everything and agree budgets with her minions. Unfortunately by the time that has been done we'll be in late May or June and our window for sales will be much less than those of rivals.

The difference to Waggott, Cheston, Venkys or any of the other decision makers down there, between having 10,000 average crowds or 15,000 average crowds, is nothing. For Venkys they simply don't care, if they did we wouldn't be £95 million in debt to them, and I very much doubt any of the others are under any pressure to boost the numbers coming through the gates either. For those lower down the ladder its all about doing the bare minimum and ensuring an easy, stress free existence. The prospect of Leeds, PNE, Villa, Bolton coming to town next season won't be one that fills them with excitement. 12pm kick offs all around.

Have a look through Bradford's Twitter feed, there's a massive PR  campaign under way across the city flogging next season's STs. Again, they aren't certain what league they'll be in.

https://twitter.com/officialbantams/

Blackburn Rovers just seems to be too hollowed out an organisation for this kind of approach these days...

I'm really disappointed with attendances. The team's on a great winning run and playing attractive football too - I'd have expected at least 15,000 home fans for each game by now. 

The damage of the past 7 years has taken its toll. The club (not the team) needs to work harder to get fans back.  Correct pricing is key, but so is off field  initiatives and good PR. Time for the managerial staff to show its worth

Pricing could be more attractive, but the kickoff days and times plus sky do put us about a bit.

I live away from the area and if this was played tomorrow and not easy to watch in the pub then I’d have been there.

Provably me and a few hundred others.l

No more opportunities for me to get to Ewood this season now, so see you at Charlton!

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good Pr? The media team this season has been outstanding so your criticism is wrong. 

Here's another reason attendances are down - I rang the ticket office today, hung on for 25 minutes and no one answered.

How do the "media team" explain that ? 

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Those match day prices are wrong.

See club’s own pricing:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/june/2017-18-match-ticket-pricing/

They are on the day match ticket prices in the  bbc list. Hence 31 quid for JW upper as posted by yourself whereas the rovers site shows 29 and 2 quid match day charge

£29 in the Jack Walker Central prior to the £2 match day surcharge.

Whatever it is, it is absolutely ridiculous for third division football, especially for night matches live on TV.

But, just like Oldham and Wigan, Bradford brought a decent following to fleece, so the Cat A pricing job’s done from Waggott/Cheston’s point of view.

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

£29 in the Jack Walker Central prior to the £2 match day surcharge.

Whatever it is, it is absolutely ridiculous for third division football, especially for night matches live on TV.

But, just like Oldham and Wigan, Bradford brought a decent following to fleece, so the Cat A pricing job’s done from Waggott/Cheston’s point of view.

Just wait until next season IF we go up. Villa Leeds PNE Sunderland will probably all be offered 7000 away tickets at Ewood.

49 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Just wait until next season IF we go up. Villa Leeds PNE Sunderland will probably all be offered 7000 away tickets at Ewood.

Take your point but it's unlikely Sunderland will be in championship next season also villa and even Preston could be in play offs

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Without a doubt,the Bean counters would probably offer them the Riverside if they could.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$

Archived