BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances

damo100

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Here's another reason attendances are down - I rang the ticket office today, hung on for 25 minutes and no one answered.

How do the "media team" explain that ? 

that's isn't the Media team fault is it Jim? 

maybe try again

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You think 27.00 is low .....who charges more to home fans in league 1?

dont think 27 pounds is that expensive. If You want to go the cost shouldn't matter. 

But people would be much better buying a season ticket and paying it by direct debit over 8 months period

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don’t think £27+ for a game thats live on Sky is going to put folk off? 

You forget that quite a lot of fans aren’t as Rovers mad as you and me, so they pick a game when they fancy, they aren’t interested in a season ticket. I know plenty of such fans and I imagine you do too.

You don’t believe many of said people will think:

‘Rovers tonight, might go down... ‘

*checks price*

‘nearly £30! I’ll watch on Sky’.’

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

that's isn't the Media team fault is it Jim? 

maybe try again

I'd love to hear their spin as to why the club has effectively closed down over Easter weekend when there's a match on, people are off work and are looking to go out and spend.

Maybe one of the "media team" would have been better employed this weekend manning the club switchboard - a much better use of their time 

15 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I'd love to hear their spin as to why the club has effectively closed down over Easter weekend when there's a match on, people are off work and are looking to go out and spend.

Maybe one of the "media team" would have been better employed this weekend manning the club switchboard - a much better use of their time 

The ticket office is closed today..

Store opened tho. 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/march/roverstore-easter-opening-hours/

People are off today work the surely most of Rovers staff would be today. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Why not? 

Most people are off with it being a bank holiday so its only natural most Rovers staff would be off Jim. 

Ticket office is open tomorrow so no reason to worry is there

Retail business and ticket office closed down on weekend when there's a match on, people are off work and are looking to go out and spend.

I desperately needed to speak to someone at the club today but the club had shut down completely.

Poor. 

29 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Retail business and ticket office closed down on weekend when there's a match on, people are off work and are looking to go out and spend.

I desperately needed to speak to someone at the club today but the club had shut down completely.

Poor. 

Its open tomorrow is the ticket office. Nothing can be thats desperately can it? The Roversstore has been open today. You could have gone down and spoke to someone

The match is on Monday and Rovers have already said tickets are available from MK Dons on the day. No price increase either. 

If you are off work its only right Rovers staff are off or most are. 

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You said they were low for this league. Where in this league have you seen home tickets higher than 27.00?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41482931

The link will provide you with all the info you want. 

Its open tomorrow is the ticket office. Nothing can be thats desperately can it? The Roversstore has been open today. You could have gone down and spoke to someone

The match is on Monday and Rovers have already said tickets are available from MK Dons on the day. No price increase either. 

If you are off work its only right Rovers staff are off or most are. 

Yes, it was urgent and need an immediate answer. It wasn't convenient to go to Ewood - hence the need to make a phone call.

The fact tickets are available at the ground in irrelevant.

Rovers are in working mode on Monday and HQ is shut. There should be someone at Ewood minding the shop.

Poor 

45 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yes, it was urgent and need an immediate answer. It wasn't convenient to go to Ewood - hence the need to make a phone call.

The fact tickets are available at the ground in irrelevant.

Rovers are in working mode on Monday and HQ is shut. There should be someone at Ewood minding the shop.

Poor 

Its a bank holiday today so I can understand most Rovers staff being off. And no home game either. Its only natural

Rovers store was open. Did you ring there?

It's a bank holiday but plenty of businesses are working, particularly in the consumer sector. Not all Rovers staff needed to be working obviously but some should be.

With regards to Rovers store, I needed to speak to someone who knew what they were talking about, not someone on a till.

Poor. 

Some staff were in the store. Thats enough on a bank holiday imo. The staff are great and deserve credit not criticism. 

I'm sure someone in the ticket office will answer your question tomorrow. 

The store is irrelevant to my query - as is the ticket office. 

Poor

The staff are great and deserve credit not criticism. 

There is no criticism of the staff as far as I can see. The criticism seems to be of the people running the club.

I agree with you about the Bank Holiday though. Staff deserve a day off. People enjoying the luxury of a day off  shouldn't be relying on minimum wage staff to serve their needs.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Why do you think people should be working on a Bank Holiday?

......because alot of people do. My lot are all working today (and on Sunday).  Life (and business) isn't 9-5 anymore. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

......because alot of people do. My lot are all working today (and on Sunday).  Life (and business) isn't 9-5 anymore. 

Bank Holidays are Bank Holidays though. We get the lowest number of public holidays in Western Europe. Their lives and businesses aren't 9--5 anymore either but they manage. I'm sure whatever you wanted could wait until tomorrow, or you could have sorted yesterday.

Bank holiday and Christmas working is normal for many people - for instance, how do you think hospitals and care homes operate ?  

And no, it couldn't wait; it needed urgent attention. 

Poor service smacks of poor management. But that's nothing new at Ewood. 

16 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

some people do work yes in certain office but the ticket office wasn't a prority as they do deserve some time off with their family and friends. 

I'm off until Tuesday at midnight as we don't work any bank holidays and I worked 4 nights a week 12 hour shifts. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Bank holiday and Christmas working is normal for many people - for instance, how do you think hospitals and care homes operate ?  

Yes some people do but it time that people remember these people have families at home and do deserve time off like Public holidays. 

it would have poor of the club and our CEO to make people work today when it wasn't urgent and give them a day for once. 

if it was that urgent you could have try ringing the Rovers store and seeing if they could have help. you didn't. or go down to Ewood Park. 

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

My wife works for the NHS and is unfortunately or fortunately for some working all Easter. Just because Shankley made the quote about football being more important than life ...as has been pointed out ..its a  Bank holiday ...and is open again tomorrow ..

some people do work yes in certain office but the ticket office wasn't a prority as they do deserve some time off with their family and friends. 

I'm off until Tuesday at midnight as we don't work any bank holidays and I worked 4 nights a week 12 hour shifts. 

Yes some people do but it time that people remember these people have families at home and do deserve time off like Public holidays. 

it would have poor of the club and our CEO to make people work today when it wasn't urgent and give them a day for once. 

if it was that urgent you could have try ringing the Rovers store and seeing if they could have help. you didn't. or go down to Ewood Park. 

Need heard of flexible rotas ? Some people are happy to work weekends and anti-social hours. It was poor of the club to have people who matter unavailable and out of touch over the Easter weekend. To repeat, some (I'm sure) delightful lads selling trinkets in the Rovers store would not have been able to help. 

Poor all round. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Need heard of flexible rotas ? Some people are happy to work weekends and anti-social hours. It was poor of the club to have people who matter unavailable and out of touch over the Easter weekend. To repeat, some (I'm sure) delightful lads selling trinkets in the Rovers store would not have been able to help. 

Poor all round. 

Is it life or death Jim ..?

Archived