BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances

damo100

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

that's Bolton, doesn't mean it will happens with Us. 

on Thursday I seen a number of new supporters who had a bought a ticket for just for that game where I sat. probably about 10 or 12 new people. 

Not everyone has Sky Sports so didn't watch the games. 

exactly, so its would be pointless dropping the prices so much. and no way have 8k gone cos of the owners, it will be number of factors like no Premier league football, lower quality of football, certain managers at the club, losing games. all these are factors

Are you suggesting bolton are better supported than us? You are wrong if you believe so! 

Here are a few examples of Rovers reducing ticket prices and acheiving bumper crowds as a result:

Promotion season 2000-01 Sheff Utd home 26,000. £5 tickets. 

Promotion season 2000-01 Huddersfield home 29,000. £5 tickets. 

Bayer Leverkusen 2007 UEFA Cup 25,000 £5 tickets for non season ticket holders 

Crucial 3 deal (end of 2008-09 season) 3 games for £20 - 24,000, 25,000 28,500

Crystal Palace last game of 2012-13 season £10 tickets 19,500. Not bad considering it was a dead rubber. 

I firmly believe at this stage of the season £5 tickets on a Saturday afternoon would achieve 20-25,000. They should have done it for the Southend game on Saturday. Or should have done a ‘push for promotion’ last 3 games for £15-20. 

I agree with the comment above that as much as the social media communication has improved, the commercial nous certainly hasn’t. They need to win fans back after a miserable 7-8 years. This would have been the perfect time to implement a good cheap deal. 

I also think the players deserve to play in a full Ewood and it would certainly lift them.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All comes back to the match day decision makers. Do they really want an extra 10,000 turning up, many of whom they would consider to be 'undesirables'?

They will get paid the same regardless, they won't get aggro from Venkys whether there is 12,000 or 22,000. 12,000 is better for them because they can approach things business as usual, same staff numbers, same strategy, same routine, no sweat.

An extra 10,000 turning up or unpredictable match day take up would throw things up in the air - they would need to think about extra stewards, probably have more meetings with police, probably have complaints from the council and local residents, extra segregation, extra food and drink supplies and match day staff. Folk turning up on the turnstiles at 2:50pm with their mates trying to get in for £5, possibly not database people.

Nope. Too many issues to worry about and too many risks for them. Much easier at 12,000 with the same people as every other week turning up. Same wage at the end of the month either way.

25 minutes ago, david brent said:

Are you suggesting bolton are better supported than us? You are wrong if you believe so! 

Here are a few examples of Rovers reducing ticket prices and acheiving bumper crowds as a result:

Promotion season 2000-01 Sheff Utd home 26,000. £5 tickets. 

Promotion season 2000-01 Huddersfield home 29,000. £5 tickets. 

Bayer Leverkusen 2007 UEFA Cup 25,000 £5 tickets for non season ticket holders 

Crucial 3 deal (end of 2008-09 season) 3 games for £20 - 24,000, 25,000 28,500

Crystal Palace last game of 2012-13 season £10 tickets 19,500. Not bad considering it was a dead rubber. 

I firmly believe at this stage of the season £5 tickets on a Saturday afternoon would achieve 20-25,000. They should have done it for the Southend game on Saturday. Or should have done a ‘push for promotion’ last 3 games for £15-20. 

I agree with the comment above that as much as the social media communication has improved, the commercial nous certainly hasn’t. They need to win fans back after a miserable 7-8 years. This would have been the perfect time to implement a good cheap deal. 

I also think the players deserve to play in a full Ewood and it would certainly lift them.

Where did I say that Bolton are better support than us? Another make up argument. 

I wouldn't be against an idea of the final 3 home games for 30 or so. 

I think some fans wont ever return not even if you offer the games for free as some fans have more on to other activities and have families now. I know that as a few friends have stop going not due to cost or lack of Premier League football but due to having families and doing activities with them. 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Where did I say that Bolton are better support than us? Another make up argument. 

I think some fans wont ever return not even if you offer the games for free as some fans have more on to other activities and have families now. I know that as a few friends have stop going not due to cost or lack of Premier League football but due to having families and doing activities with them. 

Maybe he’s born with it...?

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I'm  sure that game was free for season ticket holders due to the inconvenience of an early kick off and a hefty fee from German TV. I thought the non season ticket holders got cheap tickets but I can't be sure.

This would be the Bayer Leverkusen game of Thursday 22nd Feb 2007 kick off 6.05 pm I paid £15 for a seat in Jack Walker upper tier as a non season ticket holder

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When the family grows up you will return it's in your blood

The fanbase was bigger and more attached to the club as a whole back when those huge crowds came in along with a feel good factor and genuine belief. Just not the same these days even considering things going better on and off the pitch. It's just the hardcore plus some part timers that seem to get excited by it all now rather than across the board I think so those crowds won't pitch up again but certainly far better than what currently turns out  should be achievable with some incentive to coax them to a game or two.

The big games are the ones to have most impact but a trick or three has already been missed there.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The most impressive example of doing something different for me was the Europa Cup tie under Hughes which we moved back to 6p.m. to make it more attractive for kids and we pulled in 24k. I think we charged the normal price at the time though?

Nothing to do with German television rights then?

As I think has been mentioned earlier we got an unexpectedly good deal from German TV to show the game at 6pm, so the club decided to offer free entry to ST holders and reduced entry for everyone else, including cheap kids tickets as it was so early.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

You attend every home game? Sorry, i never knew.

You never go, we all know that :rolleyes:

Maybe Championship football will be more to your liking? I can't see us wining as many, or scoring as many goals, but the closer to the Prem we get the more attractive the club becomes. 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Maybe Championship football will be more to your liking? I can't see us wining as many, or scoring as many goals, but the closer to the Prem we get the more attractive the club becomes. 

Play the ball, not the man...

7 hours ago, Gav said:

Whether I go or not - i do not feel the need to post it in every single post. I came on here last night to catch up on the board and all I kept seeing was Chaddy, in every single post telling us that he goes to every home game.

I didnt go in the Championship either, so no, it will not be to my liking. Once they leave ill be back no matter what division we are in.

48 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Whether I go or not - i do not feel the need to post it in every single post. I came on here last night to catch up on the board and all I kept seeing was Chaddy, in every single post telling us that he goes to every home game.

I didnt go in the Championship either, so no, it will not be to my liking. Once they leave ill be back no matter what division we are in.

No he did not mention it every post....quite often he may mention it

On 30/03/2018 at 16:46, jim mk2 said:

I'd love to hear their spin as to why the club has effectively closed down over Easter weekend when there's a match on, people are off work and are looking to go out and spend.

Maybe one of the "media team" would have been better employed this weekend manning the club switchboard - a much better use of their time 

In these days of 24/7 consumerism, a "Leisure Activity" company with the turnover that Rovers has closing down completely for 3 days over a bank holiday weekend is counter productive imo. There should have been someone answering the phone at least.

Ok turnout today I suppose but not great, where are the extra 2k that turned up on a Sunday lunchtime paying top whack when the game was on TV I wonder ?

Is Wigan at home what passes for glory hunting these days :lol:

Club have a job on their hands boosting the crowds now it seems, really need to push the boat out and tap into that feel good factor.

Just now, tomphil said:

Ok turnout today I suppose but not great, where are the extra 2k that turned up on a Sunday lunchtime paying top whack when the game was on TV I wonder ?

Is Wigan at home what passes for glory hunting these days :lol:

Club have a job on their hands boosting the crowds now it seems, really need to push the boat out and tap into that feel good factor.

I suspect, a well thought out, heart felt, positive and genuine statement from the owners could make a world of difference.

31 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I suspect, a well thought out, heart felt, positive and genuine statement from the owners could make a world of difference.

Sadly no-one would accept a Venkys statement as "genuine".

Archived