BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances

damo100

24 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

but how many times are we going to win League 1 in each of our lifetimes?? 

Whilst the slumdogs still own us I can see us having another couple of attempts (excluding this season) at it whilst I'm still breathing. Hope I'm wrong

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is also that the fans that have made the choice to stat away under current ownership are probably those that would be bringing in the extra walkons when we are doing well. Can think of a few that would entice mates, family and even colleagues to "come with"...

Not blaming or suggesting that it is their fault but it could explain why the numbers don't increase even more.

Personally think Mogga has done wonders to get 3000+ back!

Sat Aug 12 - 15:00

Doncaster Rovers

H

L

22nd

Sat Aug 26 - 15:00

MK Dons

H

W

10th

Sat Sep 16 - 15:00

AFC Wimbledon

H

L

11th

Tue Sep 26 - 19:45

Rotherham United

H

W

8th

Sat Sep 30 - 15:00

Gillingham

H

W

6th

Tue Oct 17 - 19:45

Plymouth Argyle

H

D

10th

Sat Oct 21 - 15:00

Portsmouth

H

W

6th

Sat Sep 02 - 12:15

Fleetwood Town

H

D

6th

Sat Nov 25 - 15:00

Bristol Rovers

H

W

5th

Sat Dec 16 - 15:00

Charlton Athletic

H

W

3rd

Tue Dec 26 - 15:00

Rochdale

H

W

3rd

Sat Dec 30 - 15:00

Scunthorpe United

H

D

3rd

Sat Jan 13 - 15:00

Shrewsbury Town

H

W

3rd

Sat Jan 27 - 15:00

Northampton Town

H

D

3rd

Tue Jan 30 - 19:45

Walsall

H

W

2nd

Sat Feb 10 - 15:00

Oldham Athletic

H

D

3rd

Mon Feb 19 – 19:45

Bury

H

W

1st

Sat Mar 03 - 15:00

Wigan Athletic

H

D

1st

Sat Mar 10 - 15:00

Blackpool

H

W

1st

Thu Mar 29 - 19:45

Bradford City

H

W

1st

Sat Apr 07 - 15:00

Southend United

H

W

1st

The formatting's gone a bit wrong but these are home attendances with away fan numbers taken out (and also the Bury game changed as it was moved to Monday night).

You can see a jump from Boxing Day when the half season tickets came in. that's probably a bit due to half St sales and a bit due to gradually better form. It looks like our core audience from then has been 11K (the two Tuesday night games against Walsall and Bury are the lowest since Christmas).

Oxford offers a big chance to lure fans back in. As a 1 off put 6000 tickets up for a fiver a shot put 2000 tickets as freebies to the schools and just put that filling the stadium feel back into the club.

there is no reason why Rovers shouldn’t look to have a 20000k plus crowd on for the final game of the season.

promotion, maybe the championship trophy, a near full house to salute what has really been a successful season might just put the owners mindset into football mode ⚽️⚽️⚽️

They should set themselves the target of filling the lower tiers behind both goals with Rovers fans. Shove Oxford fans upstairs out of the way and charge them whatever they want. A packed home support behind both goals would be great. Cash turnstiles, get it filled.

Agree all great ideas.

You could only imagine that whoever is in charge for making marketing decision for final match ticket price would have a full database to look at.  They should know which individuals have bought tickets, in addition to ST holders, over (say) the last 3/4 years and decide whether to target these with a hope of enticing them back to a game that could see a trophy presentation or completely ignore it and apply existing category A policy. You would hope that they're talking to people (fans) on the ground and not asking Venkys for an opinion or making decisions from glass houses.

Would love a full Ewood.

It should all be just about Blackburn Rovers.

Nothing to do with the ticketing issues from the 1960 FA Cup Final or our current owners.

The current 'management' should have been looking at the opportunity to boost our gates and fill the ground for the last couple of home games. 

With 2 things in mind: a large vociferous support to help and see us to promotion and to re-engage those that had become disenchanted over the years, with a view to getting more on board for next season. Irrespective of which division we're in, I think the powers that be have missed a great opportunity and flunked.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

They should set themselves the target of filling the lower tiers behind both goals with Rovers fans. Shove Oxford fans upstairs out of the way and charge them whatever they want. A packed home support behind both goals would be great. Cash turnstiles, get it filled.

When Allardyce took over and was sorting Ince's mess out they came up with ideas of getting as many behind both goals as possible to help the team fight relegation and it was a case of sod the away fans for a while they'll get what they are given despite some clubs who might have sold a lot more than the top tier.

Wasn't full all the time but it was a success in terms of atmosphere etc if nothing else it reduced the influence of the visiting fans. Ok that won't be a problem in this league now and realistically given this is league 1 not the Prem and all that's happened over the past 7 years the numbers from then aren't realistic either. Therefore why don't they / haven't they just targeted the BBE lower and come up with an idea or two to fill that area as traditionally it's been the heartbeat of the ground.

Club lost it's soul and that was down to the assorted characters who own and ran the place but slowly thanks to TM & this team it's coming back, time to get that heartbeat pumping to the max again.

A long-term way to get Ewood rocking again would be to install safe standing in the Blackburn End lower and make it dirt cheap in there, get it filled every game. Needs a change in the legislation though...

Short term; something needs to be done for Oxford at home. Bolton had nearly 23k on for their promotion game last season, we could beat that with the right prices. £10 everywhere or STH can bring mates along for a fiver. Kids for a quid. 

8 hours ago, only2garners said:

Sat Aug 12 - 15:00

Doncaster Rovers

H

L

22nd

Sat Aug 26 - 15:00

MK Dons

H

W

10th

Sat Sep 16 - 15:00

AFC Wimbledon

H

L

11th

Tue Sep 26 - 19:45

Rotherham United

H

W

8th

Sat Sep 30 - 15:00

Gillingham

H

W

6th

Tue Oct 17 - 19:45

Plymouth Argyle

H

D

10th

Sat Oct 21 - 15:00

Portsmouth

H

W

6th

Sat Sep 02 - 12:15

Fleetwood Town

H

D

6th

Sat Nov 25 - 15:00

Bristol Rovers

H

W

5th

Sat Dec 16 - 15:00

Charlton Athletic

H

W

3rd

Tue Dec 26 - 15:00

Rochdale

H

W

3rd

Sat Dec 30 - 15:00

Scunthorpe United

H

D

3rd

Sat Jan 13 - 15:00

Shrewsbury Town

H

W

3rd

Sat Jan 27 - 15:00

Northampton Town

H

D

3rd

Tue Jan 30 - 19:45

Walsall

H

W

2nd

Sat Feb 10 - 15:00

Oldham Athletic

H

D

3rd

Mon Feb 19 – 19:45

Bury

H

W

1st

Sat Mar 03 - 15:00

Wigan Athletic

H

D

1st

Sat Mar 10 - 15:00

Blackpool

H

W

1st

Thu Mar 29 - 19:45

Bradford City

H

W

1st

Sat Apr 07 - 15:00

Southend United

H

W

1st

The formatting's gone a bit wrong but these are home attendances with away fan numbers taken out (and also the Bury game changed as it was moved to Monday night).

You can see a jump from Boxing Day when the half season tickets came in. that's probably a bit due to half St sales and a bit due to gradually better form. It looks like our core audience from then has been 11K (the two Tuesday night games against Walsall and Bury are the lowest since Christmas).

On that basis we have probably lost about 10000 fans since Venkys took over?

12 hours ago, darrenrover said:

It should all be just about Blackburn Rovers.

Nothing to do with the ticketing issues from the 1960 FA Cup Final or our current owners.

The current 'management' should have been looking at the opportunity to boost our gates and fill the ground for the last couple of home games. 

With 2 things in mind: a large vociferous support to help and see us to promotion and to re-engage those that had become disenchanted over the years, with a view to getting more on board for next season. Irrespective of which division we're in, I think the powers that be have missed a great opportunity and flunked.

Don’t disagree but we won anyway so the club’s gamble paid off.

We don’t need 20k in the stands if the 11 on the pitch are good enough might be Waggot’s view.

I’m just hoping his solution for next season isn’t simply to milk the existing fans rather than try to get bums on seats.

Can only echo thoughts of many,put the Coachload of Oxford fans in the upper tier out the way and open the rest of the ground up at £10 for Adults £2 Kids.

If it's going to happen it needs to be broadcast now or asap ,all across local media,build the anticipation..get the interest and feel good factor back ( to an extent).

What in God's name have you got to loose Rovers?

36 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Cheston's master plan for the Oxford game will be :-

Scenario A - already promoted.

Promotion Party - £5 each (or probably £10)

Scenario B - we MUST win to get promoted.

Catergory A+ game - £30 each

In both scenarios I will give it a miss thanks Mike.

What nonsense. :D 

• Moderation Lead
45 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Cheston's master plan for the Oxford game will be :-

Scenario A - already promoted.

Promotion Party - £5 each (or probably £10)

Scenario B - we MUST win to get promoted.

Catergory A+ game - £30 each

In both scenarios I will give it a miss thanks Mike.

You honesty don't ever need to reiterate your non-attendance stance again. I don't think anyone on this forum (or on the planet for that matter) is in any doubt that you won't return until our owners depart.

45 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

I have no idea why they have this stupid £2 surcharge after 12pm on match days.

As a boycotter I often have a "shall I or not ?" discussion with myself in the hour or 2 before Kick Off. 

On the odd occasion I almost decided to go down, I finally decided not to, due to the extra £2 deterrent. That would just add insult to injury.

There may be some cock and bull reason why they charge £2 extra after 12pm for a 3pm KO.

But why is it the same for a 19:45 KO ?

This is a certain deterrent to anyone getting home from work at 5:30 - 6:30 and thinking.... feck it, I fancy going down Ewood.

It isn't the £2 before anyone says... it's the principle.

100% this stops walk ons every single game.

Its ludicrous and unnecessary and just the latest in a long line of things that actively deters people from attending.

Ticket prices are expensive enough as it is, not just at Rovers but most football clubs, but to then add on a needless £2 surcharge for those who opt to go at the last minute is stupidity.

I firmly believe the answer to it is that Rovers don't want large last minute walk on crowds. Hence why they do everything in their power to deter them. Short of refusing to sell tickets at all the next best thing is to make it ticket only, no cash turnstiles and charge top dollar for it. The prospect of thousands of people turning up at the last minute is one that fills them with dread as they are uncomfortable with anything out of the ordinary or risky. A last minute surge in numbers is unwelcome. They want everyone paid up a few days in advance, on the database, so they can prepare for a predictable attendance and there is minimal risk involved on the day.

The option of making a decision at 1pm or 2pm to dash down to Ewood to watch a match for those who might not be regular die hard Rovers fans is unlikely to taken by many, as it is too expensive and frankly insulting to be slapped with a surcharge for doing it.

You could perhaps begin to understand it if we were averaging 25,000 a week or only had a 12,000 seat stadium but when we're sat with 20,000 empty seats most weeks it really does seem daft.

We would never have become Rovers fans! My son took so much persuading to go to his first match that he and my husband arrived after kick off. If they'd charged more than the standard rate then, they would have had to come home, such were the financial constraints of a one income 4 child family. It's ludicrous to charge more when the ground isn't full. Who wants to turn up 3 hours early for kick off? Not if the weather is bad. Not with young kids. When I worked in Blackburn popping down to Ewood was no problem to get cup tickets or extra match day ones. But nowadays I'd have to make a special journey or buy online which I don't like doing. Madness

4 minutes ago, gumboots said:

But nowadays I'd have to make a special journey or buy online which I don't like doing. Madness

Use that thing called a telephone?! I did it to get some tickets for the Charlton game earlier, worked out well ?

I dont agree with the matchday price increase either, seems to be another way of justifying the 1875 club.

31 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Use that thing called a telephone?! I did it to get some tickets for the Charlton game earlier, worked out well ?

I dont agree with the matchday price increase either, seems to be another way of justifying the 1875 club.

Yes I could but I hate using the phone. The point is that if you decide at the last minute to attend a match you are currently being penalised. We had 4 kids who all grew up as Rovers fans because my husband took my son to a match at the last minute. He enjoyed it so the others followed. If we'd been in the same situation today as we were then, we wouldnt have been able to afford to take all the kids.  Every penny counted then and for some people, large numbers of them, every penny still counts

Archived