BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances

damo100

6 hours ago, gumboots said:

Yes I could but I hate using the phone. The point is that if you decide at the last minute to attend a match you are currently being penalised. We had 4 kids who all grew up as Rovers fans because my husband took my son to a match at the last minute. He enjoyed it so the others followed. If we'd been in the same situation today as we were then, we wouldnt have been able to afford to take all the kids.  Every penny counted then and for some people, large numbers of them, every penny still counts

You're quite correct gumboots.

Despite everything else, the additional charge and the rigmarole trying to get tickets at the last minute, is sufficient to deter many from not bothering.

I'm a firm believer that if there were a few 'cash or equivalent' turnstiles on The Riverside and Blackburn End, there would be plenty who would take the plunge on the spur of the moment.

As things stand, it's a deterrent to be 'last minute.com' but that shouldn't be the case.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, K-Hod said:

You honesty don't ever need to reiterate your non-attendance stance again. I don't think anyone on this forum (or on the planet for that matter) is in any doubt that you won't return until our owners depart.

I hope MG is either a seriously wealthy fellow and/or well connected if they do!

I abhor them but I'm a Rover and a realist.

You're missing the point. I'm not making excuses for why I don't attend. I choose not to and that's that. But if I were to change my mind it wouldn't be conducive to good relations with the club if they wanted to charge me extra. And for some who might be predisposed to go but only decide at the last minute to do so, or only find out late that they can (a meeting cancelled, no need to look after the kids, the mate they go with suddenly decides he fancies it or whatever other perfectly legit reason people have for making last minute decisions) slapping an extra £2 on seems unnecessary punishment for simply being a normal human being. I'm not moaning because I can afford the extra and could pay it if necessary. I'm complaining on behalf of others who perhaps can't afford it but would like to have the choice to attend kept open for as long as possible. Other clubs sell tickets up to and beyond kick off with no surcharge. Why can't Rovers

Oh and there are lots of older people for whom using the Internet is like speaking a completely foreign language which they haven't learnt. They can't do it.  I can but many in their 70s cant . My personal aversion to the phone is longstanding. I never ring to make appointments or reservations. I don't know why I don't do it, but I don't.  I've always been like that. I don't even talk to family on the phone. You can probably dredge up previous posts where I've admitted to that - bit of a phobia thing I think.

1 hour ago, mrsusan said:

Pathetic, never heard so many excuses in my life. I don’t like the internet, don’t like using the telephone, get a grip. If you can’t be bothered going then don’t just stop coming on here whining about it and making up excuses.

To clarify, you're asking her NOT to stop coming on here whining!!!

I've liked her posts for years and respect her a lot. You should try it. 

I'm the same with the phone. I had a speech problem as a young man , nothing too serious normally but I found phoning people seemed to make it worse. So I developed an aversion to the phone. I'm over the speech problem now but I still don't like phones.

Regarding Gumboots contributions. She's a well respected poster on here, certainly as far as I'm concerned. She talks a lot of sense regarding Rovers and when she did go to games her views on the performances were concise and well thought out.

Some clubs charge it some don't and it seemed to be aimed at away fans it was a nightmare in the Championship going up 5 quid I think in some cases.  Rovers were one of the only clubs who DIDN'T charge it and I reckon they missed out on a lot of money there with certain clubs have a good few hundred fans piling up to Ewood on the day.

Don't know if the rules are if you charge it to away fans you have to charge your own as well but either way to introduce it after relegation to the third tier was plain daft. If it puts off ten home fans for a bog standard game it's not worth it is it because it's not being balanced by away fans the vast majority of the time in this league.

Pointless exercise.

I don't blame them for charging for postage provided it's a one off charge for however many tickets. And a first class stamp is quite expensive at 67p, so with the cost of stationery included it seems reasonable. Most companies charge for postage unless you order a large value product 

20 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

So with the stamp and envelope it costs them a max of 70p? It's only a minor thing but for as long as I can remember postage was free, to add it on and in a way that the club are making money on top of the high ticket prices I think it's a bit cheeky.

A pre-paid first class envelope costs 76p from Royal Mail. Then staff from the ticket office have to separate out and envelope the tickets, check the address, write the address, print the credit/debit card voucher and place in envelope.

A service which the club is charging 24p for. I don’t think the club can be accused of profiteering on this. If you look all around you’ll find thousands of businesses charging for what used to be “free.”

3 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

So with the stamp and envelope it costs them a max of 70p? It's only a minor thing but for as long as I can remember postage was free, to add it on and in a way that the club are making money on top of the high ticket prices I think it's a bit cheeky.

Try buying tickets for a rock band concert. The ticket people's mark up is eyewatering.

I don't understand why the Oxford tickets are not being pushed already. The match is 3 weeks Saturday, it's the last game of the season  and hopefully a promotion party.

It will be my wife's and daughter's 1st ever trip to Ewood. Really looking forward to the trip but Rovers need to get on top of this

Not quite a £5, but hallelujah!

But of course, there has to be some nonsense attached to it:

'Kick Off is 5.30pm. Please note that from 3pm on the day of the game all prices will revert to the Category Bpricing structure:

The Ronnie Clayton Blackburn End - £22, £15, £7, £5.
Bryan Douglas Darwen End (inc away support) - £22, £15, £7, £5.
Jack Walker Family Stand - £22, £15, £7, £5.
Jack Walker Lower £22, £15, £7, £5.
Jack Walker Upper Wings - £25, £17, £7, £5.
Jack Walker Upper Centre - £27, £22, £9, £7.'

3 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Oxford game £10 advance tickets all areas but cat B prices from 3pm match day. Promotion likely to be done  and dusted by then. Too little too late by the club.

A big opportunity has been missed over the last couple of months to re-engage with the lapsed fans and to get more in to support the team . Single match cheap tickets like the Oxford should have been a regular event. The deals they have had have not been great value. Still, if it isn't done and dusted there may be a chance of a crowd approaching 15-17k  if Oxford bring a few.

14 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Oxford game £10 advance tickets all areas but cat B prices from 3pm match day. Promotion likely to be done  and dusted by then. Too little too late by the club.

Still an occasion to celebrate though, God knows its been a while!

Well they've made an effort so no excuse everyone get down there, enough notice to buy them regardless of it turning back to Cat B on the day.

If there isn't over 15k home fans in for that one they might as well shut up shop there'll be no more justifying cheap deals.

36 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Anyone tried calling the ticket office today? No one answering the phone all morning. Seems strange with the Oxford promotion just announced.

Yes. Got through instantly on 01254 372000

Archived