BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Attendances

damo100

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

A big opportunity has been missed over the last couple of months to re-engage with the lapsed fans and to get more in to support the team . Single match cheap tickets like the Oxford should have been a regular event. The deals they have had have not been great value. Still, if it isn't done and dusted there may be a chance of a crowd approaching 15-17k  if Oxford bring a few.

Disagree completely- if our top of the league and our form isn’t enough to tempt you to buy a ticket, nothing will. 

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure it will be the biggest crowd of the season whether there's still anything to play for (more likely having secured automatic promotion than missed out altogether) or not. I'll go at that price just as I did for the Villa game last season. Price isn't really the main factor for me though haven't looked at the other home game prices yet. Might go to that as well though. Guess at this stage in the season it's pretty damning that my enthusiasm is nowhere near what it should be (and I'm not lacking confidence of getting automatic promotion) but I can't help being so scarred and mentally drained by any kind of football. Not sure I'm gonna go to any away games. Doncaster hadn't entirely sold out (judging by a tweet earlier) but it might still only be ST holders/1875 members and I don't know if Charlton is on sale yet.

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

My tickets to see the Streets this weekend had about £15 of charges added to them, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask

There's an app on smartphones now called 'Dice FM' where you just store tickets on there and they scan the barcode as you go into the event. No booking fees, no postage etc.

I usually get tickets on there now where possible.....

Blackburn End filling quickly as is the Jack Walker for the Oxford game by the looks of the online booking system.

Try and forget the unspeakable ones in Pune for one game and give Tony Mowbray and this team the credit they fully deserve.

Would also be great to get a bigger home attendance than Burnley have had all season.

Tee hee^_^

It looking like our biggest crowd of the season. Can we get over 22k I think it’s on for that to be honest. If oxford can bring over 1k  . I noticed the other day Burnley v Chelsea was a 21.5k which is a good crowd for them even this season, it did make me think what would a Rovers v Chelsea attendance be and came to the conclusion it would be higher than that but not sure by how much. Devils advocate , would they get more in if facilities aloud it ?

On 16/04/2018 at 07:29, Mattyblue said:

Doncaster is on open sale, Charlton goes on open sale tomorrow morning.

Get on it Vinny lad!

I'm not going to either. I've barely attended all season any remaining tickets should go to people who have. I imagine the first game will sell out and people might be waiting to see what happens today + tuesday before making a decision on the second. Final home game obviously is a different matter especially at that price.

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Blackburn End filling quickly as is the Jack Walker for the Oxford game by the looks of the online booking system.

Would also be great to get a bigger home attendance than Burnley have had all season.

Been wondering if we could get a higher gate than Burnley’s for a while. Don’t think we will to be honest but it could well creep up to 18k or so. I think the away allocation for the Cricket Field these days is around 3k so, if we do get 18k on Ewood, we will have equalled or slightly bettered most of Burnley’s home crowd this season. 

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Try and forget the unspeakable ones in Pune for one game and give Tony Mowbray and this team the credit they fully deserve.

Tee hee^_^

I went to buy three tickets last Monday for my daughter, granddaughter and a friend of theirs. I asked for Family Stand and aside from the first three rows in the corner couldn't get three together. I then asked for three near to where I sit in the JW Upper row 6 and the nearest I could get was row 11. Hopefully this is indicative of a 20k plus crowd.

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I went to buy three tickets last Monday for my daughter, granddaughter and a friend of theirs. I asked for Family Stand and aside from the first three rows in the corner couldn't get three together. I then asked for three near to where I sit in the JW Upper row 6 and the nearest I could get was row 11. Hopefully this is indicative of a 20k plus crowd.

Yep,family stand shows little availability....looking promising with some two weeks of sales to go.

The team deserve it.

Just now, MGPensioner said:

22K :lol:

with both upper tiers closed, directors box closed, 8000 boycotters and surcharge tax to deter any walk ons

keep dreaming fella

To be fair, our director’s box does hold a fair few. Maybe that’s where the 8,000 boycotters are. :rolleyes:

FD8EBF01-02BB-4138-8278-A39AEDEC311D.jpeg

Just now, Stuart said:

To be fair, our director’s box does hold a fair few. Maybe that’s where the 8,000 boycotters are. :rolleyes:

FD8EBF01-02BB-4138-8278-A39AEDEC311D.jpeg

It's been the busiest for years this season since the ill fated takeover, Waggot must have a large entourage :lol:

Or maybe it's full of scouts anticipating the next round of sales .......

I've always said that I don't attend but wouldn't call myself a boycotter per se.  There are some who began boycotting under Kean and have firmly stuck to it. They deserve a great deal of respect. I've been back and forth and various circumstances and events have changed my mind at times through Venkys tenure. I suspect there are many like me. We don't rule out a return at some point in the future but can't say what would trigger our return. I did tentatively suggest that if we're at home for the Oxford game we might attend but my husband says that's hypocritical and I get his point. The longer you stay away the harder it is to go back and I suspect that's one of the reasons the crowd may not be as high as some of those on here hope. You don't want to be seen as jumping on a promotion bandwagon if we are indeed promoted. You don't want to appear to only want to come back when we're playing at a higher level (I didn't stop attending when we were relegated but the season before) It's a dilemma for all those who have chosen not to attend for whatever reason and for however long. 

Archived