BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walsall at home 30.1.18

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three very good looking new players on the pitch tonight, Armstrong especially denied four goals by an inspired keeper.

If we go up it’ll be in spite of and not because of the defence. Watching the two centre backs with the ball at their feet is painful. I’d like to see Bennett come demanding the ball off them as he at least can see a pass.

Rovers doing well in this league.

My wife travelled up from East Sussex for this match - she hasn't missed a match for a few years now - think it is 5 years now.

Even though she hates Venkys  - she supports those on the pitch. I come up when my work shifts allow me to.

The fact that Rovers are doing well, should mean a packed out Ewood Park - sad it isn't happening.

Great effort all around and as we've seen yet again a real positive attacking line up and a go for it attitude and we've too much for most so why the hell he keeps reverting back I really don't know. Fair enough the other approach first half away from home but keep it like this at home now it's an absolute must !

Oh and the 'Graham get rid' gang - one in particular ( I don't usually like an I told u so but ... ) - i'll leave another box of tissues here to wipe that egg.

A natural goalscorer who clearly just needed to get fit, get his tail up again and have a decent amount of chances fall to him ;)

COYB

11 minutes ago, PAFELL said:

My wife travelled up from East Sussex for this match - she hasn't missed a match for a few years now - think it is 5 years now.

Even though she hates Venkys  - she supports those on the pitch. I come up when my work shifts allow me to.

The fact that Rovers are doing well, should mean a packed out Ewood Park - sad it isn't happening.

Your wife is one dedicated supporter and I stand in awe.

Strange game tonight. Three goals and loads more great chances and well in control but it never really got going. Such a shame we couldn’t have taken all three points against Northampton though as tonight would have put us top.

The stand out performer tonight though was their keeper Roberts. He was the difference between 3-1 and at least 7-1. Outstanding. I was a little glad that Armstrong hit the bar from the final free kick because he didn’t deserve to concede four. Only 23 and only 6 foot but he pulled off some world class stops tonight. Hope the Walsall club photographer had his trigger finger at the ready.

Aside from that I enjoyed a good, honest performance from the away side tonight. A refreshing change from some of the cynical sides that have rocked up this season. Especially the spoilers from Saturday.

13 minutes ago, PAFELL said:

Hi Peter. Hope you are well.

Just now, Stuart said:

Aside from that I enjoyed a good, honest performance from the away side tonight. A refreshing change from some of the cynical sides that have rocked up this season. Especially the spoilers from Saturday.

We'll get more spoilers though and coping with them will make the difference between joy and misery!

14 minutes ago, PAFELL said:

I wouldn't bother about the crowd situation too much it's unlikely to change a great deal yet 11k home fans on a Jan night in Ewood in league 1 is pretty decent I think if you look back through history it's about the norm when doing ok at this level against that type of oppo at this stage.

If that was a championship game in the last couple of seasons there wouldn't have been a great deal more on it is what it is but to expect the ground to be packed is very wide of the mark.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Mulgrew should be back for Oldham a week Saturday according to TM. 2 games missed then - not bad at all if all goes to plan.

We missed him. Two long straight balls from their defence and their striker was clean through twice. Only a superb tackle from Bennett stopped one of them.

Just watched their goal again. Nyambe was too easily knocked off the ball but Downing was embarrassing. More bothered about the foul than getting a block in.

Thank goodness Mulgrew is due back in the next 10-14 days!

10 minutes ago, 47er said:

We'll get more spoilers though and coping with them will make the difference between joy and misery!

Northampton are "spoilers" because they set their stall out for a draw in the midst of a relegation battle and took points off us ?  I wish we had been "spoilers" last season. 

Just now, Stuart said:

Strange game tonight. Three goals and loads more great chances and well in control but it never really got going. Such a shame we couldn’t have taken all three points against Northampton though as tonight would have put us top.

The stand out performer tonight though was their keeper Roberts. He was the difference between 3-1 and at least 7-1. Outstanding. I was a little glad that Armstrong hit the bar from the final free kick because he didn’t deserve to concede four. Only 23 and only 6 foot but he pulled off some world class stops tonight. Hope the Walsall club photographer had his trigger finger at the ready.

We scored early. It makes all the difference. Not as easy to park the bus then. 

I'm really glad the attacking line up worked, I was a bit concerned that we may have had " too many chiefs and not enough Indians ' tonight but I'm loathe to criticise attacking intent.

Archived