BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walsall at home 30.1.18

5 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Haven't said much recently for health related reasons but I simply must echo the sentiments of the Community Trust on twitter. A massive WELL DONE to the pupils from various schools who successfully managed to hold a flag as the players came out. I can't imagine what strength it took to exert such a feat. I'm surprised health & safety allowed it (poles are dangerous!) but I'm notified that they all had extensive training beforehand from Royal Marines.

Hope they all got gold stars! No sweets though hopefully or Jamie Oliver will go on a rampage.

What a weird thing to pick at. Odd ball.

Williams has shown yet again that he isn't good enough for this Rovers team and its ambitions. Mogga has seen sense and shipped off Ward so now let's hope he sees sense and sends Williams the same way in the summer. Probably our weakest player now, Gladwin excused because he's not a player.

The rest of the team were fantastic yesterday. Armstrong didn't look like an out & out winger but looked dangerous either way. Far better on the turn than he is actually attempting to beat the man and cross the ball.

Payne looked good on the ball. Enjoyed watching him, Dack & Armstrong.

Nyambe is still a bit naive. Plenty of times when he could have taken up better positions but either rushed back to take his own at RB rather than finding space to receive it or simply caught too short and allowing the winger/full back to find space behind him. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
6 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Haven't said much recently for health related reasons but I simply must echo the sentiments of the Community Trust on twitter. A massive WELL DONE to the pupils from various schools who successfully managed to hold a flag as the players came out. I can't imagine what strength it took to exert such a feat. I'm surprised health & safety allowed it (poles are dangerous!) but I'm notified that they all had extensive training beforehand from Royal Marines.

Hope they all got gold stars! No sweets though hopefully or Jamie Oliver will go on a rampage.

I'm glad you're recovered but what's wrong with a community trust thanking/praising kids?

Whilst the win and offensive performance was welcome there were several defensive aspects which gave me cause for concern. At times in the second half we were wide open as Williams got caught out of position and against better teams we might have conceded. On one occasion Bennett made a goal saving tackle. Nyambe too seemed to ball watch a few times allowing the Walsall wide man to get in behind him. Downing was ok but it's clear to see that Mulgrew makes him a better player. 

Hopefully we will keep it a bit tighter at Plymouth on Saturday and keep a clean sheet. With the in form attackers we have I fancy us to score in every game.

With the depth we now have within the squad I wouldn’t be surprised to see TM have home and away sides. The likes of Bell, Armstrong and Payne will likely play at home while Williams, Conway and perhaps Antonsson would play our away games - or certainly the tougher grounds.

Not saying it’s what I’d do but I can see it continue to happen despite the form of some of the lads mentioned above.

We always enter the ground from a side gate between the DE and JWL. We walk alongside the pitch next to the flag wavers at every game. All appear to be having fun and none struggling. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Didn't look much of a shove to me in the highlights you posted. The Walsall player seemed to get around behind him,which mixed Nyambes feet up. If he was aware of where the walsall player was his body position would have been better. 

He was push. Happened in front of me

On "the push". If players aren't allowed as much contact as the walsall player gave Nyambe,we are looking at football as non-contact sport. He misjudged a high ball,got his legs tangled and as such slight contact led to him falling over. I'm rarely critical of players,and I like Nyambe,but let's call a spade a spade. Looking back,he would probably admit as much himself. 

• Backroom

For the record I also thought it was a push; running at pace and  an arm / two arms into the back is a foul 90% of the time, no harm done mind 

Just now, Tom said:

For the record I also thought it was a push; running at pace and  an arm / two arms into the back is a foul 90% of the time, no harm done mind 

Agree with that Tom.  It was a clear foul but, as we know, in this League they seem to play to a different set of rules with regard to what's deemed a foul or not.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Nyambe is still a bit naive. Plenty of times when he could have taken up better positions but either rushed back to take his own at RB rather than finding space to receive it or simply caught too short and allowing the winger/full back to find space behind him. 

I always feel playing football doesn't come naturally to him. Having said that, his last half a dozen games he has shown much improvement.

1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

Agree with that Tom.  It was a clear foul but, as we know, in this League they seem to play to a different set of rules with regard to what's deemed a foul or not.

It's even worse at non league level. Watching Clitheroe and sale sharks there's sometimes not a lot of difference

I'm not sure it was enough to floor him the way it did. He should be dealing with it and not relying on the ref to give a free kick. We all know ref's are pants in this division.

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

I think this must be the most bizarre post I've ever seen on here.

Archived