BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walsall at home 30.1.18

57 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah it looks like he just got caught out, which unfortunately he is prone to do on occasions. Was just a hopeful punt really and he misjudged the flight of the ball and was in two-minds about what to do. Dont think there was much contact there to be honest and even if there was, it wasnt much.

Teams at our level shouldn't be getting undone by what we used to call " an ale house ball".

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Tom said:

For the record I also thought it was a push; running at pace and  an arm / two arms into the back is a foul 90% of the time, no harm done mind 

He went over far too easily. If he had stood his ground he'd have intercepted the ball. The Walsall players arms didn't move forward in a pushing motion, rather just stayed by his side and held his ground. Nyambe backed into him and hit the deck either through being tripped or trying to win the foul.

It's just another one of them 50-50 decisions in football I think. Some will say it's a foul, others not, depending on the angle you saw it. 

10 hours ago, Songman said:

Onwards to Plymouth and lets make it 19 unbeaten.

It'd be nice to get the three points just to give us a bit of a safety cushion between us and Shrewsbury. Even if Shrewsbury get beat at Bristol Rovers, they'll still have a game in hand on us, so some breathing space in the top two for the first time this season would be great.

We need to be targeting wins in every game from here on in. Plymouth have picked up recently but Wigan sorted them out a couple of weeks ago and we should be doing the same.

We've a better squad man for man and are 20 odd points above them so we go there for the win and confident we can get it if we play to our capabilities.

Just now, JHRover said:

We need to be targeting wins in every game from here on in. Plymouth have picked up recently but Wigan sorted them out a couple of weeks ago and we should be doing the same.

We've a better squad man for man and are 20 odd points above them so we go there for the win and confident we can get it if we play to our capabilities.

Sadly, Home Park is one of our bogey grounds.  Twenty-four visits and only four wins and six draws - and on many occasions we have had a better team than Plymouth, been far higher up the table and yet still return to Ewood on the end of a bad result.   Our last visit produced one of those four wins so hopefully, we can continue to break that spell on Saturday.   

32 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Sadly, Home Park is one of our bogey grounds.  Twenty-four visits and only four wins and six draws - and on many occasions we have had a better team than Plymouth, been far higher up the table and yet still return to Ewood on the end of a bad result.   Our last visit produced one of those four wins so hopefully, we can continue to break that spell on Saturday.   

Plymouth is a long way home after a bad result. I hope when it goes wrong that the lads behind the goal behave themselves and don't let the club down. The coin throwing at Northampton was disgraceful. 

16 hours ago, Swanson said:

I think Williams will struggle to get his LB spot back when everyone is injury free.

He'll still be a valuable asset though as he could fill in all along the back line and just may be a stronger centre back than Paul Downing.

10 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I am surprised we have won 4 down there.....

22 hours ago, Tom said:

I'll be honest I've enjoyed watching Nyambe this season, his main problem is his confidence there's times when he seems on edge but he's coming on leaps and bounds at the moment. Particularly pleasing forward roll from him in the first half!

Got to say that's the most mobile I've seen a rovers team looking, from both fullbacks who were willing to get down the line, two holding midfielders that cover every inch of grass around the middle time and time again then three attack minded midfielders who all can create and move. Lovely to see at times.

Apart from Mulgrew and potentially Lenihan that's about our strongest team, going forward that would terrify any defence in this league and I genuinely think if we can steady up at the back a little we would be a comfortably mid table championship outfit.

I really hope we don't bring Conway or Evans back into the team any time soon, Conway is a real momentum killer and Evans just isn't mobile enough compared to Bennett.

The last two games Nyambe has cost a goal in each game, ok, he's learning, but he's costing. If he can improve on his attacking play and notch the odd goal to compensate for his giveaways then fine just hope stars doing it quickly before he ends up sinking himself.

Perspective is that Walsall and Northampton are both very poor sides, slow sides so Rovers should indeed look fast. 

14 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I think this must be the most bizarre post I've ever seen on here.

It wasn't meant to be a dig at the Community Trust getting youngsters involved (though not getting them involved might have been the kinder thing to do given the sheer lack of morality in football) but "well done" for holding a flag? People say schools are too soft with sports day for instance where everyone gets a prize just for participation. Even read one article where an awards event was scrapped because it might upset kids who were not high achievers. What happened to preparing kids for the harsher realities of the World? Not saying it should all be bleak and discouraging but there has to be a balance. There's several people on here who are tired of liberal agendas and it was intended to be a bit of sarcastic social commentary.

Most bizarre post on here? Its a bit random yes but is it really offensive compared to some of the political/social views on here?

2 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

It wasn't meant to be a dig at the Community Trust getting youngsters involved (though not getting them involved might have been the kinder thing to do given the sheer lack of morality in football) but "well done" for holding a flag? People say schools are too soft with sports day for instance where everyone gets a prize just for participation. Even read one article where an awards event was scrapped because it might upset kids who were not high achievers. What happened to preparing kids for the harsher realities of the World? Not saying it should all be bleak and discouraging but there has to be a balance. There's several people on here who are tired of liberal agendas and it was intended to be a bit of sarcastic social commentary.

Most bizarre post on here? Its a bit random yes but is it really offensive compared to some of the political/social views on here?

I don’t think he’s saying it’s offensive, but it did come out of left field (?) a little.

For what it’s worth I agree. Instead of saying “well done” the announcement should have been -

“I hope you enjoyed that brief moment of levity in your otherwise pointless lives children, but now back inside where we will show you a 3 hour documentary on the holocaust and then onto a two hour lecture on the harsh painful realities of existence delivered by Ken Loach on barbiturates. You detestable cretins.”

For someone waxing lyrical about kids being sheltered it sounds like you may benefit from a bit of fresh air yourself. Maybe a stroll to the opticians to find some perspective?

Only joshing ? All the best

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

For what it’s worth I agree. Instead of saying “well done” the announcement should have been -

“I hope you enjoyed that brief moment of levity in your otherwise pointless lives children, but now back inside where we will show you a 3 hour documentary on the holocaust and then onto a two hour lecture on the harsh painful realities of existence delivered by Ken Loach on barbiturates. You detestable cretins.”

:lol:

7 hours ago, JAL said:

The last two games Nyambe has cost a goal in each game, ok, he's learning, but he's costing. If he can improve on his attacking play and notch the odd goal to compensate for his giveaways then fine just hope stars doing it quickly before he ends up sinking himself.

Perspective is that Walsall and Northampton are both very poor sides, slow sides so Rovers should indeed look fast. 

You are so far off the mark you can’t even see the mark.

Nyambe’s form has been fantastic in this last few games.

The most ridiculous part though is that you form this judgement without even watching him play. :wacko:

• Backroom
7 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Vinjay - get a grip!

15 hours ago, Stuart said:

The most ridiculous part though is that you form this judgement without even watching him play. :wacko:

League one football wow its good to win good to play well but it's league one and Ryans been caught out twice in two games if that's good enough for you and ten others then so be. 

That Northampton goal is horrendous defending for me from Nyambe.

4 minutes ago, JAL said:

League one football wow its good to win good to play well but it's league one and Ryans been caught out twice in two games if that's good enough for you and ten others then so be. 

That Northampton goal is horrendous defending for me from Nyambe.

Irrelevant. We can’t measure young Ryan against higher quality opposition when the club are in League One. Although, incidentally, he was also very impressive at CB against Hull.

I’ve no doubt you hold Nyambe responsible for the Northampton goal. I expect you hold him responsible for norovirus, Brexit and the Blackburn weather. Personally, having a fantastic view of it, I blame the lack of cover from Samuel and the loss of the ball with Mulgrew and Downing both high up the pitch. Phase one of the attack was shut down by Nyambe and Bennett. The cross from the unfortunate looking one in Phase two (when you would expect back up to arrive) was inch perfect and Raya was stranded.

But none of this changes the fact that Nyambe has been a revelation this season and has been one of our top players over the last 4 or 5 games.

You think 10 people agreeing with me is important? Tosh, it’s a message board - and most of them usually disagree with me. Do a straw poll next time you are at Ewood.

I’ll wait.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Irrelevant. We can’t measure young Ryan against higher quality opposition when the club are in League One. Although, incidentally, he was also very impressive at CB against Hull.

I’ve no doubt you hold Nyambe responsible for the Northampton goal. I expect you hold him responsible for norovirus, Brexit and the Blackburn weather. Personally, having a fantastic view of it, I blame the lack of cover from Samuel and the loss of the ball with Mulgrew and Downing both high up the pitch. Phase one of the attack was shut down by Nyambe and Bennett. The cross from the unfortunate looking one in Phase two (when you would expect back up to arrive) was inch perfect and Raya was stranded.

But none of this changes the fact that Nyambe has been a revelation this season and has been one of our top players over the last 4 or 5 games.

You think 10 people agreeing with me is important? Tosh, it’s a message board - and most of them usually disagree with me. Do a straw poll next time you are at Ewood.

I’ll wait.

Don't rise too it Stu, I'm 90% sure JAL is a dingle who comes on here on the wind up too get bites, Every rovers fan who's watched Nyambe this season will have seen his progression and improvement as a player. As you said, the irony is that JAL hasn't even been to any games this season :lol: think he's too busy watching the Dingles on Saturdays. 

19 minutes ago, philipl said:

For what its worth and probably this is me putting the jinx on him, I can see the makings of an exceptionally good player in Nyambe.

Nyambe is an uncut diamond and far from the finished article and with the correct level of management and coaching could enjoy a successful career. He seems the type of character who will listen and learn. He does make mistakes but is young and at times raw.

And despite some of the silly agendas on here if there was an award for the most improved player he would walk it.

On 2/1/2018 at 00:26, Stuart said:

Anyone else tiring of this fella's ongoing vendettas.  It's beyond ridiculous.

Archived