BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plymouth Away - 3rd February 2018

Kamy100

5 hours ago, TBTF said:

Craig Skinner played for us ...possibly his debut??? 

A name from the past. Works with a friend of mine at the EFL now. I'd be surprised if it was his debut though. I have a vague recollection of him playing in a win v Leicester or Hull back in 1990. May (not David) even have scored. Then again, I could be mistaking him for Phil Starbuck.   

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Take off your vestments lol

Quite able to enjoy the run, thanks...and even though it does feel like the wicked spell has been lifted,( for now anyway) I allow myself the liberty of trench humour about Venky's.

Glad you are not a Venky apologist. Equally glad to see you are using the term lol

Trenches? We've had 4 years longer of this lot than anyone had in the trenches! 

Just now, Tony Rover said:

Looking to travel last minute to this one, what are the chances of still getting a ticket in our end? Or have I got to sneak in the home section...

You can buy on the day, but limited numbers and a £2 increase

1 hour ago, sjsbrfc said:

You can buy on the day, but limited numbers and a £2 increase

Can deal with the £2, cheers for the reply. Being greedy now but does anyone know the main away pub? 

8 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

We digress but He didn't quite jump on the fence as the Geordies would have killed him....eventually after many losses ?

What a diving header though and to all the premieristas brought up on namby pamby football here's a great example of a bounce up which now seems to be outlawed in favour of wasting a few minutes on some odd ceremony of giving the ball back. Winners like Speedie didn't give a toss if your leg was hanging off by skin he wanted to win and would gladly contest a drop ball even if it meant kicking his own grandmother ?

https://youtu.be/dvjqU1GWD6E

I don’t think any of those goals would’ve stood today.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2018/february/roving-brief/

Their manager reckons it could be quite an open game. Suits us. Will be tough but could be a cracker.

4-2 Rovers.

Great support too, I hate all that tinpot “Who’s the biggest club” bollocks but those numbers should put it to bed for this league.

Jealous I’m not there but not jealous of the journey!

Let’s hope it’s a happy drive back.

COYB

It's on odd one to argue because we are definitely the biggest profile club to be in this league in a while you only need look at all the opponents who we've not played for years or ever before starting their previews with ex Prem Champs etc.

Crowd wise though i'd imagine in our position the likes of Plymouth would pull a lot more in given it must have 250k residents in it's catchment area. A lot of fans of clubs like that will always see themselves as bigger I suppose.

44 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Put what to bed? Portsmouth and Bradford get the biggest crowds in this league by some distance.

I can’t respond. I’ve fallen into my own “big club bollocks” trap. There is no way out.

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's on odd one to argue because we are definitely the biggest profile club to be in this league in a while you only need look at all the opponents who we've not played for years or ever before starting their previews with ex Prem Champs etc.

Crowd wise though i'd imagine in our position the likes of Plymouth would pull a lot more in given it must have 250k residents in it's catchment area. A lot of fans of clubs like that will always see themselves as bigger I suppose.

Aye, big place is Plynouth relative to Blackburn. 270k in the city. It's one of those city clubs that have never really done well or fulfilled its potential for as long as i can remember. Always liked them as a club and one of those clubs i always hoped would do well for absolutely no particular reason. They hsd their own Garner back in the day by the name of Tynan iirc. 

37 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Aye, big place is Plynouth relative to Blackburn. 270k in the city. It's one of those city clubs that have never really done well or fulfilled its potential for as long as i can remember. Always liked them as a club and one of those clubs i always hoped would do well for absolutely no particular reason. They hsd their own Garner back in the day by the name of Tynan iirc. 

Tommy bloody Tynan i'd forgot about him yeah he liked a goal or two particularly against Rovers.

They are pretty confident on their boards, many predicting a home win. Not sure they know whats going to hit them. Attacking lineup again please TM - nobody in this league could handle a front four of Graham, Dack, Armstrong and Payne.

11 hours ago, den9112 said:

In true BRFCS nitpicking style, Rovers Tweeted this morning an 'estimated 1300'. Fantastic effort, have a great day to all those going, will be following on iFollow!

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Not sure they know whats going to hit them.

Sounds like Plymouth controlled the game against Wigan, but Wigan simply took their chances to win. I'd settle for that! #COYB

Just watched the reverse game at Ewood highlights. They are big and mobile going forward but make mistakes at the back.

They didn't look like they could handle Dack or Chapman so I think it is going to be essential to start with the same starting XI as against Walsall.

Today should be an entertaining game and will be all about who takes their chances which ought to favour Rovers. Our League For-Against is 54-27 and Argyle's is 33-39.

Archived