BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plymouth Away - 3rd February 2018

Kamy100

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over confident and really looking forward to this one. For the first time in years I genuinely can't wait for the next game to come round and believe we will win. The players look interested, the football is entertaining, I believe in what the manager is trying to do ( eventually), the fans are positive and the atmosphere is slowly building back up. Football has it's ups and downs and my God don't we know it so enjoy the moments like this. Drink it in and roll on Saturday, besides, we owe these one COYB:rover:

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wigan would be going there expecting a win,why shouldn't we?

I've learned to stop expecting from football, and just enjoy each game as it comes - ups and downs are par for the course as a supporter, and although I understand why people expect us to paste this league (Mercer's words?) and finish top, we should all be savvy enough to know that it never works like that - and I'm not just referencing the Venkys era!

Hope those going have a great day (kudos to you for making the effort!), and roar us on to bringing back the three points. #COYB

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team would be

Raya

Nyambe Downing Williams Bell 

Smallwood  Bennett

Conway            Dack       Armstrong

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Caddis Nuttall Travis Evans Payne Samuel

Why on earth would you drop Payne, who was very impressive midweek, for the ineffective Conway?

Only thing I can guess is you've picked him because you think Mowbray will on defensive grounds.

Need to go for the throat again, aggressive pressing system and we will probably win. Why fear Plymouth Argyle?

12 hours ago, philipl said:

The longer the unbeaten run goes on, the more determined the opposition will be to end it.

Likely to be playing a Cup Final motivated opponent every week now.

Worth pointing out two things- 

the last three goals conceded have come from opposition players who gambled to run into positions against our defence.

the last two full games have resulted in ZERO corners being conceded. Probably the best way of solving our weakness from corners!

As for Plymouth, the sort of game that decides promotion campaigns. I am with everyone who says set up the team to get at them from the off. Playing defensively is the surest way to ensure we won't get the clean sheet I suspect we might need to win this one. 

I think you will find its 3 games without giving a corner away and only 1 in the last 4 games and we still conceded from a corner but it was our corner.

14 hours ago, philipl said:

Wigan went 1 down and ran out 3-1 winners at Home Park a couple of weeks ago.

And were lucky to do so according to Wigan boss Paul Cook.  Let's be under no illusions this is a tough game for us, no point people saying there's nothing in this league we should worry about and we have to beat these sides, it's not that simple.  We should go there confident if we play our best we can turn them over for sure, but not underestimating the difficulty for sure.  I know you weren't doing that but some of the comments just seem to ignore the reality of this league at times.

20 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

That was the night of the kids wasn't it.

Great night, great performance from some of our promising youngsters, traveled down expecting a drubbing..

TP's first game in charge. Wilcox scored the first, Speedie the second

Craig Skinner played for us ...possibly his debut??? 

1 hour ago, Manchester Blue said:

And were lucky to do so according to Wigan boss Paul Cook.  Let's be under no illusions this is a tough game for us, no point people saying there's nothing in this league we should worry about and we have to beat these sides, it's not that simple.  We should go there confident if we play our best we can turn them over for sure, but not underestimating the difficulty for sure.  I know you weren't doing that but some of the comments just seem to ignore the reality of this league at times.

Exactly. It is still 11 v 11 at the end of the day

6 minutes ago, bluefred said:

Speedie was a superb player for Rovers 

Exactly what a promotion team needs.

Goals, atttitude, desire.

Booting the ball out of the ground at Tranmere wasting time, hat trick against Newcastle to deflate the Keegan bubble - then jumping on the Darwen End fence. Another hat trick last day of the season at Plymouth. Two goals in the play off semi, the dive at Wembley etc etc

Legend.

We digress but He didn't quite jump on the fence as the Geordies would have killed him....eventually after many losses ?

What a diving header though and to all the premieristas brought up on namby pamby football here's a great example of a bounce up which now seems to be outlawed in favour of wasting a few minutes on some odd ceremony of giving the ball back. Winners like Speedie didn't give a toss if your leg was hanging off by skin he wanted to win and would gladly contest a drop ball even if it meant kicking his own grandmother ?

https://youtu.be/dvjqU1GWD6E

18 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I think we should all have to answer that question..

For me...at the soft, sweet smack of a snowball, as it found its target...

You hang in there, don't let being unbeaten in 18 tarnish the hatred, let's saviour someone being hit with a snowball 5 years ago. 

I'm no Venky apologist, I'll never forgive them for what they've done, but surely if you can't smile now with the run we are on there's no point?

Plymouth 1-2 Rovers, hard fought win. 

3 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

You hang in there, don't let being unbeaten in 18 tarnish the hatred, let's saviour someone being hit with a snowball 5 years ago. 

I'm no Venky apologist, I'll never forgive them for what they've done, but surely if you can't smile now with the run we are on there's no point?

Plymouth 1-2 Rovers, hard fought win. 

Take off your vestments lol

Quite able to enjoy the run, thanks...and even though it does feel like the wicked spell has been lifted,( for now anyway) I allow myself the liberty of trench humour about Venky's.

Glad you are not a Venky apologist. Equally glad to see you are using the term lol

Archived