SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plymouth Away - 3rd February 2018

Kamy100

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Don't understand why one of our best players on Tuesday has been dropped, a key component on our pressing which Walsall couldnt handle, has been dropped for the over the hill Conway.

Seems like Mowbray is over respecting Plymouth, rather than blowing them out the water as we did Tuesday.

Have to agree, should have gone wirh Tuesday's starting line up for me. We're the ones on an unbeaten 18 game run and we're the ones who need three points to avoid losing further ground on Wigan and Shrewsbury. Conway doesn't bring anything to the party in any respect these days.

Poor selection for me. Of course if we win it looks like a stroke of genius. We shall see.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Have to agree, should have gone wirh Tuesday's starting line up for me. We're the ones on an unbeaten 18 game run and we're the ones who need three points to avoid losing further ground on Wigan and Shrewsbury. Conway doesn't bring anything to the party in any respect these days.

Poor selection for me. Of course if we win it looks like a stroke of genius. We shall see.

We're the ones on an 18 match unbeaten run - mainly because of the guy who picks the team having a good idea about what he's doing. 

We boxed Walsall in, we have better players than Plymouth and home or away, we should play high intensity whenever possible, front foot football because every time we have this season weve looked far better than when weve been slow and ponderous.

The relationship between Payne and Dack looked like one that could really flourish, Bennett and Smallwood can provide the tenacity behind it all but for me playing Conway is a move which puts us more down to their level. Sadly hes been an excellent servant to this club but hes not a starter by any stretch now.

We need to go there looking to win, not grind something out. Played really well on Tuesday and should have named an unchanged line up.

That said, I still think we have enough to win and will be very disappointing if we dont.

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't what Conway brings to the party these days. Plus the fact he's almost certain to have to be subbed a some point around the hr mark. That's a sub wasted.

Not really because he'd have brought Conway on after 60 minutes. This time will be Conway replaced after 60 minutes.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

But you're ok with someone saying if we concede first then it was wrong to pick Conway? Sorry, I forgot how rational you are.:rolleyes:

Wind your neck in a bit I didnt make any comment at all about the "I they score first post"!

I will say that one point is not good enough today and we played really well on Tuesday night and won 3-1 with Payne in the starting line up and he played really well so imo he should not have been dropped and if we fail to get the three points its a poor move.

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Today's ref Charles Breakspear well known for yellow cards - 50 in 11 league 1 games. 

Shit that's Smallwood out for the next match.

Archived