SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plymouth Away - 3rd February 2018

Kamy100

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Give it a rest. Most of us called it before the off and were proved entirely correct. Going like for like Samuel for Graham is hardly a positive move at 2 down either and bringing off Smallwood to protect him from a yellow is tantamount to waving the right flag as far as today's game is concerned.

Mowbray has done well overall recently but that doesn't mean to say he should be exempt from criticism when he gets it wrong.

Also wish Smallwood would get a yellow then the suspension would be out of the way before we get down to the nitty gritty. This trying to nurse him through games without picking up a yellow is not helping us at all.

You called nothing. You just had a whinge about Conway. You called Bennett and Graham all season. You're clueless.

Just now, alcd said:

If it stays as it is - 5 points behind Shrews who show no sign whatsoever of flagging whereas Rovers always need to score at least  2 to win any match. Looks like the play-offs and I don't fancy this lot. Teams that can't defend win nothing.

We're on equal points with Shrews if they only draw. Where do you get 5 behind from?

Just now, alcd said:

If it stays as it is - 5 points behind Shrews who show no sign whatsoever of flagging whereas Rovers always need to score at least  2 to win any match. Looks like the play-offs and I don't fancy this lot. Teams that can't defend win nothing.

Where are you looking? We are on equal points at the moment.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Give it a rest. Most of us called it before the off and were proved entirely correct. Going like for like Samuel for Graham is hardly a positive move at 2 down either and bringing off Smallwood to protect him from a yellow is tantamount to waving the right flag as far as today's game is concerned.

Mowbray has done well overall recently but that doesn't mean to say he should be exempt from criticism when he gets it wrong.

Also wish Smallwood would get a yellow then the suspension would be out of the way before we get down to the nitty gritty. This trying to nurse him through games without picking up a yellow is not helping us at all.

Proved correct - hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. Before every match TMs selections have been questioned - then people either slip into the background when proved wrong - or come all self righteous when they think they are correct. It sounds like most players are playing poorly today with passes mis placed - don't see how Conway playing would make any difference.

How was Smallwood playing ? Do you know he was taken of to avoid a yellow card - or that having played mid week he thought Evans might bring some energy ?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

You called nothing. You just had a whinge about Conway. You called Bennett and Graham all season. You're clueless.

Yet again Mowbray has reacted to a team rather than let them worry about us. I thought he had learnt, the last time he did this was the Oldham game where he thought Ward would help defend against a big donkey.

The guy has got to be positive and take the game to opponents.

Conwy playing was always handing the momentum to Plymouth so was easy to call

1 minute ago, DE. said:

I guess Samuel's £400k fee plus half decent wages has to be justified somehow. As for Evans, well, if there was a list of people not to bring on when you're chasing a game he'd surely be up near the top.

Honestly while people have been looking at other players lack of contribution I've always been looking at this guy and asking what he brings. Yes it's a pointless exercise keep shunting a big lump of a striker on the wing and that's down to the manager but lack of application is on the player and he isn't a good finisher anyway.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Yet again Mowbray has reacted to a team rather than let them worry about us. I thought he had learnt, the last time he did this was the Oldham game where he thought Ward would help defend against a big donkey.

The guy has got to be positive and take the game to opponents.

Conwy playing was always handing the momentum to Plymouth so was easy to call

Conway is responsible for us not being able to defend and everybody else playing shit. Right you are.

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I dont think its harsh to say that Bennett has had a poor season.

Hes played most of the season in a natural wide role, and no goals and a couple of assists is quite frankly terrible for a player who last season seemed competent in the level above.

That said, he has had a couple of good all action central performances recently but they are the exception.

Just now, tomphil said:

Honestly while people have been looking at other players lack of contribution I've always been looking at this guy and asking what he brings. Yes it's a pointless exercise keep shunting a big lump of a striker on the wing and that's down to the manager but lack of application is on the player and he isn't a good finisher anyway.

A shocking way to spend 500k.

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

I suppose Mowbray saw something in him at Coventry that made him think Samuel could be a useful player at this level. Hasn't really worked out yet and Samuel certainly wouldn't cut in in the Championship, so it wouldn't surprise me if he left in the summer whether we go up or stay down. Depends what we're paying him though!

Conway is responsible for us not being able to defend and everybody else playing shit. Right you are.

How many times? Conway is not responsible. Mowbray is!

Graham didn't turn up until the end of November and was being called all sorts on here by the majority of the messageboard up to that point.  Bennett has been terrible on the right wing all season and has only shown some form since being moved into the middle. 

A blind man on a gallopping horse can swe Conway is finished. As I've been saying all season it's highly likely Mowbray's over-reliance on his old favourites will cost us.

i cant see this lot winning the play off team full off bottlers this team is good enough  to walk this  league why is it not cause of tm i tried  to support him but i have had enough this 18 game unbeaten crap just been covering  the cracks

ofc today looks like shrewsbury will drop points and we go and @#/? it up as per normal  never make it  easy for themselves 

Archived