BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plymouth Away - 3rd February 2018

Kamy100

44 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How can mowbray say in hindsight literally minutes after the game? The substitution of bringing payne on was plain for all to see. Is he going senile or something? Jesus he should have started him . I would say the players are baffled by mowbray today 

Different views on games and player performances. 

40 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes,I can question the use of strikers on the wing. We have the largest transfer budget in the league. So why are we playing numerous players out of position?

We not. Armstrong can play wide and up front. I would have like to see him up front myself. 

Graham go off injured? 

37 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is bigging the opposition up too much again. Bigging them up and playing a more conservative team encourages the opposition. Simple as. 

Got to Plymouth credit and their manager. 

27 minutes ago, GreenRover said:

Is Mulgrew due back next weekend? Ten days I thought? 

Yes supposedly so.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor today... have to say that Amari Bell was the Only one of the back four that performed. The three subs had a nightmare and what happened to Bennett and Conway?? They cant shoot. Also Armstrong disappeared second half...Poor tactics and subs today have to say that Mowbray got it all wrong today. Plymouth a mediocre side nothing more. Mulgrew, Chapman and Antonsson need to come back. Payne too. Not sure about leninhan though.

Just now, Paul said:

Correct though I’d want to find a way to keep Bennet in there as well. 

Fair enough, doesn't offer anything at the business end of the pitch so wouldn't get in my ideal XI.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Different views on games and player performances. 

We not. Armstrong can play wide and up front. I would have like to see him up front myself. 

Graham go off injured? 

Got to Plymouth credit and their manager. 

Yes supposedly so.

Was leaving Payne on the bench the correct decision do you think?

Just now, Roboftherovers82 said:

just hypothetically speaking if  tm was sacked who would be a good choice i not sure their is  anyone  out their right now for us

Don't think many are serious about a change of manager, many just want to see this manager learn from his re-occurring mistakes.

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Bloody hell SG, I thought that back in October when we trecked to Boundary Park and look what happened then.

Sadly, we're not good enough IMO but could scab it through the play off lottery.

It's all about opinions my friend but we have ALL seen the standard this side can produce.

I'm in no mood to make excuses nor except them for piss pot displays like today.We either want out of this dead man's league or not.

Sixteen games.

5 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Well there's got to be some criticism we lost. Dack far too deep. Graham too isolated up front on own. Conway great coming forward but right side of pitch exposed at times as didn't track back enough. Felt Nyambe made great moves but one or two too many passes instead of surging into box or taking shot. He could be a real handful with a bit more self belief.Armstrong and Bennett ( aside from first 10 minutes) largely inaffective.

I saw about 25 minutes of the 2nd half.

We looked a poor side on today's showing. Even during this wonderful run, there have been games, where we didn't look all that great for significant parts. And we do concede too many soft goals...I suppose I am a bit miffed that we surrendered our unbeaten run with a whimper...in front of such a great following too.

Nearly 50 points to play for...we need to be at it..

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

It's all about opinions my friend but we have ALL seen the standard this side can produce.

I'm in no mood to make excuses nor except them for piss pot displays like today.We either want out of this dead man's league or not.

Sixteen games.

Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack.......!

16 games left. No doubt it will be a roller coaster of emotions. Champions, automatic or playoff I don't care as long as we are a championship side next season. I agree with that statement that Oldham should be in for a kicking next weekend and get us back to winning ways. Clean sheet is a must and three or four goals. They are capable just have to show it. COYB ?⚪️⚽️???????????

15 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

just hypothetically speaking if  tm was sacked who would be a good choice i not sure their is  anyone  out their right now for us

We lost one game in 19 games. Let me say it again 1 game in 19 games. 

Why are we talking about replacing Mowbray as manager. Done a good job in rebuilding the club and playing staff after 12 months of poor signings and coyle in charge

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Was leaving Payne on the bench the correct decision do you think?

I wasnt at the game so I cant comment on anyone performance.

On Payne, Talented player and techinal good. Would have bought him on instead on Evans. Or even when Graham went off and put Arnstrong up front  

9 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

no idea why  tm is so negative  away from home we have a lot  of attacking  quality yet  it seems he bottles it 

4 points off possible 9 against some of the lower end teams is shocking i dnt  expect to see it change vs oldham/Portsmouth/Bury

How was today team negative? Really?

Bad day at the office, let's regroup and get on another unbeaten run to the end of the season.

Lots of twists and turns to come, but as usual lots of negative knee jerk reactions. 

Royal Blackburn on suicide watch tonight.

Lots of perfect posters who have never made any mistakes in their lives and are just waiting for an opportunity to be critical.

Just my opinion

KEEP THE FAITH     COYB  

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We lost one game in 19 games. Let me say it again 1 game in 19 games. 

Why are we talking about replacing Mowbray as manager. Done a good job in rebuilding the club and playing staff after 12 months of poor signings and coyle in charge

Because it was big Tone himself who said he wouldn't be much of a manager if he failed to get promoted this season. And ,with a potential 5 point gap to 2nd place and coming off a toothless performance, it's getting to be a big ask.

Just now, LDRover said:

Because it was nig Tone himself who said he wouldn't be much of a manager if he failed to get promoted this season. And ,with a potential 5 point gap to 2nd place and coming off a toothless performance, it's getting to be a big ask.

So if we don't get promoted we sack Tony and try to start all over again. I do agree it would be a disaster if we don't get promoted but when do players take the blame. Sack the manager is always the answer. Tony has change a lot in the background around Rovers and deserves credit. First manager to meet with the Venkys so has built a relationship there. I would not be quick to get rid of him. Blip today and move on. But if I was Mulgrew I would be driving the players to give Oldham a kicking whether he is playing or not as he is club captain. 

5 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Because it was big Tone himself who said he wouldn't be much of a manager if he failed to get promoted this season. And ,with a potential 5 point gap to 2nd place and coming off a toothless performance, it's getting to be a big ask.

When do the players get some of the blame for their poor performance? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sometimes I think Mowbray would be better suited to a director of football role. Leave the motivating to someone else. Cook and Hurst getting far more out of ,on paper,weaker squads 

Lets sack a manager cos he lost 1 game in 19 games. 

Football is going more and more mad by the year.

Crazy talk by some fans

1 minute ago, GreenRover said:

So if we don't get promoted we sack Tony and try to start all over again. I do agree it would be a disaster if we don't get promoted but when do players take the blame. Sack the manager is always the answer. Tony has change a lot in the background around Rovers and deserves credit. First manager to meet with the Venkys so has built a relationship there. I would not be quick to get rid of him. Blip today and move on. But if I was Mulgrew I would be driving the players to give Oldham a kicking whether he is playing or not as he is club captain. 

They were Mowbray's words not mine fella. I think it was 'I wouldn't be much of a manager if I can't get us promoted'.

Archived