BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plymouth Away - 3rd February 2018

Kamy100

Just now, LDRover said:

Well that's one of my predictions up, just need Parson to weigh in for the double!!!

Awesome. 

Want a medal or something?

Another fan moaning about 1 defeat in 19 games. How crazy are some fans are. 

Just now, LDRover said:

They were Mowbray's words not mine fella. I think it was 'I wouldn't be much of a manager if I can't get us promoted'.

Season over yet???

Still thought they was 16 games to go

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Conway is responsible for us not being able to defend and everybody else playing shit. Right you are.

No but he is a visible sign of the negative thoughts going through our managers thinking. He also happens to be finished as a player. I'll break it down into very basic signs for the hard of thinking. Right you are.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When do the players get some of the blame for their poor performance? 

In the previous 18 games, surely the players deserved all the praise then, and Mowbray none?

Hes getting criticised tonight and rightly so, made a pigs ear of everything really and even said as much himself post match.

That said, obviously he shouldnt be sacked, should be here until the summer, and here next season if promoted, and not if we arent. Simple.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Awesome. 

Want a medal or something?

Nah. A translator would be good though to make sense of your uber positive bilge. If it looks like shite it generally is shite and should be described as such. Mowbray will get the praise if and when we achieve promotion, a limp defeat where we don't lay a glove on the opposition (partly attributable to some poor managerial decisions that he admitted to himself) will leave him open to crticism.

5 minutes ago, GreenRover said:

So if we don't get promoted we sack Tony and try to start all over again. I do agree it would be a disaster if we don't get promoted but when do players take the blame. Sack the manager is always the answer. Tony has change a lot in the background around Rovers and deserves credit. First manager to meet with the Venkys so has built a relationship there. I would not be quick to get rid of him. Blip today and move on. But if I was Mulgrew I would be driving the players to give Oldham a kicking whether he is playing or not as he is club captain. 

Nobody is saying 'sack Mowbray' but he isn't beyond criticism either. I would also add that if you see today as a 'blip' then respectfully 'you need your eyes testing'. I'd say the performance against Shrewsbury was more of a one off.

Is it not Mowbray and not Mulgrew that should be 'driving the players on to give Oldham a good kicking'? (sorry I didn't see the 'if I was Mulgrew' bit.)

I hope I'm proved wrong but I don't think we're anywhere near good enough for the top 2.

Just now, LDRover said:

Nah. A translator would be good though to make sense of your uber positive bilge. If it looks like shite it generally is shite and should be described as such. Mowbray will get the praise if and when we achieve promotion, a limp defeat where we don't lay a glove on the opposition (partly attributable to some poor managerial decisions that he admitted to himself) will leave him open to crticism.

Very sad post.

Pathetic. 

Hold on:

Before the match this was the team selection many said would/ should be picked.

Payne would have been kicked off the field today.

Conway did not play badly in fact one of more attacking players on field( admittedly could have tracked back more but definitely legs were working.)

Many said that Plymouth would be a test. It was they worked hard and were organised, had few chances and took them.

in all honesty it was a very even high paced match.

As for sack Mowbray. Comments like that don't really deserve an answer..... pathetic after our recent run and top additions to the squad. I expect Plymouth to be in the playoffs we played a strong side today.

18 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Nobody is saying 'sack Mowbray' but he isn't beyond criticism either. I would also add that if you see today as a 'blip' then respectfully 'you need your eyes testing'. I'd say the performance against Shrewsbury was more of a one off.

Is it not Mowbray and not Mulgrew that should be 'driving the players on to give Oldham a good kicking'? (sorry I didn't see the 'if I was Mulgrew' bit.)

I hope I'm proved wrong but I don't think we're anywhere near good enough for the top 2.

Pretty much my feelings...

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lets sack a manager cos he lost 1 game in 19 games. 

Football is going more and more mad by the year.

Crazy talk by some fans

I didn't say sack him. I said I think he would be more suited to a director of football role. Sacking him now would make no sense. 

26 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

No but he is a visible sign of the negative thoughts going through our managers thinking. He also happens to be finished as a player. I'll break it down into very basic signs for the hard of thinking. Right you are.

You've had a Yogi Bear there.

Just now, markhayhurst said:

Hold on:

Before the match this was the team selection many said would/ should be picked.

Payne would have been kicked off the field today.

Conway did not play badly in fact one of more attacking players on field( admittedly could have tracked back more but definitely legs were working.)

Many said that Plymouth would be a test. It was they worked hard and were organised, had few chances and took them.

in all honesty it was a very even high paced match.

As for sack Mowbray. Comments like that don't really deserve an answer..... pathetic after our recent run and top additions to the squad. I expect Plymouth to be in the playoffs we played a strong side today.

Who the hell said sack Mowbray? I agree that would be crackers

He deserves criticism, as he said himself, today we were crap and not for the first time. He picks the team, decides the tactics, watches the opposition, motivates the team and makes the substitutions. It's not good enough: both he and the team need to buck up!

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I didn't say sack him. I said I think he would be more suited to a director of football role. Sacking him now would make no sense. 

A couple of posters on here seem driven to invent a story that there is a desire on this MB to sack TM now. A work of fiction which has no basis in what posters have actually said.

There are quite a few folk on here tonight who are looking for any sign of unrest as an excuse to pull out the “Only an idiot would say sack Mowbray”.

The reality is that nobody has.

Even Mowbray himself has said “I think that’s partly my fault because of the team I picked”.* Yet if a fan says it they are jumped on by the positivista.

We need to start playing like a club with the biggest budget in the division. Wigan and especially Shrewsbury are not and should not be better than us. We are currently third in a two horse race and we do not have the bottle for a play-off race. This is why the realists are anxious while the optimists polish their turds.

*https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/february/tony-we-need-a-reaction/

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I second looking forward to having whittingham back. Bennett runs around a lot,but I don't think he is the answer there long term. 

Jesus would smalwood just hurry up and get that booking. Have it out of the way. 

Am I missing something? Up until today our midfield without Whittingham or Evans has played with an energy we've been crying out before. Whittingham does not bring anything to the game. Like Conwy a players his legs have given up.

This team needs pace through all sections not static players who I'm confident beating in an 100 mtr race.

20 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A couple of posters on here seem driven to invent a story that there is a desire on this MB to sack TM now. A work of fiction which has no basis in what posters have actually said.

We have an entire thread dedicated to sacking the manager with all the chief protagonists on here playing a leading role, maybe you missed that?

So that's just bunkum Asia.

It's 1 loss in 3 months, YES 3 @#/? MONTHS, and the knee jerkers are out in force.

EMBARRASSING.

My first away game for a few years today.

I went with 4 members of the Green Army and sat with the hostiles In the home end; So a few thoughts about the game.

Arygle were clearly up for it as were their fans. They recognised that Rovers had the better Individual players and we battered them throughout the second half.

The damage was done in the first half with a set piece goal and a breakaway from our corner.

For me Williams was our best player; looks very confident and rarely put a foot wrong.

Dack and Armstrong were ineffective; Smallwood, Bennett and Graham anonymous.Conway was willing but lacked the killer cross.

Downing was solid enough for this level as was Raya.

The Rovers that impressed the locals were Nyambe, Bell and Samuels although the latter is not a winger and I wanted him in the middle to meet his own crosses! Their poor left back was given a real roasting all game!

I asked the obvious question about us and Wigan and the view from my fellow passengers on the way back was that Rovers were as good as Wigan but they took their chances and we struggled in front of goal.

It was sad to see the run come to an end and in front of 1,300 away fans but Rovers have the players  to see us up this season. Mowbray was enraged at the 4th official all game but I thought the ref was good. I'm not too despondent tonight.

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

We have an entire thread dedicated to sacking the manager with all the chief protagonists on here playing a leading role, maybe you missed that?

So that's just bunkum Asia.

It's 1 loss in 3 months, YES 3 @#/? MONTHS, and the knee jerkers are out in force.

EMBARRASSING.

This massive, long, impressive, unbeaten run everyone harps on about, if shrewsbury win their game in hand they're 5 points clear. The amount of points we've gained on Shrewsbury during this magical, fantastic run is actually nowhere near as much as you would think due to recent draws... Meaning we need a similar run and technically go the rest of the season unbeaten in order to turn this points deficit around if Shrewsbury maintain their current points record. Unbeaten means F all in this league, wins get you promoted, not 'unbeaten' runs (Shrewsbury have also only lost 1 of the last 20 i think in the league??) and ours has contained too many draws of late, which players have been quoted as admitting themselves. We need to bin this cautious approach we seem to be obsessed with and starting every game with the same starting XI (barring injuries) and attack teams from minute 1 such as the Walsall game, and not from minute 70 like we saw vs Northampton. Another 6-8 game winning run is required, and it won't happen whilst the team is being changed every single game we play.

EDIT: This is in no way me asking to change manager/thinking i have the magical formula to win every game all of a sudden, just offering my opinion.

Archived