BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plymouth Away - 3rd February 2018

Kamy100

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

We have an entire thread dedicated to sacking the manager with all the chief protagonists on here playing a leading role, maybe you missed that?

So that's just bunkum Asia.

It's 1 loss in 3 months, YES 3 @#/? MONTHS, and the knee jerkers are out in force.

EMBARRASSING.

That thread was started in October Gav and rightly questions were being asked.

We may have gone unbeaten for 18 games but for the most part we have flattered to deceive. You'd know that Gav if you'd attended often enough. I'm dumfounded by your current agenda: nowhere on this match thread can I see where you draw the conclusion from that 'the knee jerkers are out in force'.

We were crap today, didn't look any where near a team looking for automatic promotion spot and constructive criticism is totally warranted and should be far from 'embarrassing'.

If your intention is to wind folk up, then congratulations pal, as far as I'm concerned you've succeeded, well done!

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

We may have gone unbeaten for 18 games but for the most part we have flattered to deceive. You'd know that Gav if you'd attended often enough. I'm dumfounded by your current agenda: nowhere on this match thread can I see where you draw the conclusion from that 'the knee jerkers are out in force'.

We were crap today, didn't look any where near a team looking for automatic promotion spot and constructive criticism is totally warranted and should be far from 'embarrassing'.

If your intention is to wind folk up, then congratulations pal, as far as I'm concerned you've succeeded, well done!

Exactly maybe unbeaten in 18 but there's 7 draws in there. Equating to 14 points missed out on. A hell of a lot if you ask me.

Personally I think the Conway starting issue is a red herring. We didn’t set up to play defensively, the ball was predominantly in their half all game.

Biggest issues for me were:

1) When Mulgrew is out we are missing three of our best players: best defender, third top scorer and best taker of dead balls.

2) Dack did nothing. He had the ball plenty enough times but lost it most of the time.

3) We gifted two soft goals. In fact I can’t remember the last time someone actually earned a goal against us.

4) Raya didn’t pull off a wonder save.

5) Nobody else turned up either. Graham was completely anonymous first half, Armstrong is a greedy sod, fullbacks didn’t rampage, actually  Samuel was the only one to cause his marker trouble.

5) Mowbray could have subbed all 11 for my money.

28 minutes ago, Gav said:

We have an entire thread dedicated to sacking the manager with all the chief protagonists on here playing a leading role, maybe you missed that?

So that's just bunkum Asia.

It's 1 loss in 3 months, YES 3 @#/? MONTHS, and the knee jerkers are out in force.

EMBARRASSING.

I am referring to posts today, during and after the Plymouth game. I think you know that.

Your so-called "knee jerkers" are not baying for Mowbray's blood in the wake of Plymouth and to state otherwise is simply bumkum*

* I am assuming that bunkum means the same as the more colloquial "'talking bollocks".

2 hours ago, GreenRover said:

16 games left. No doubt it will be a roller coaster of emotions. Champions, automatic or playoff I don't care as long as we are a championship side next season. I agree with that statement that Oldham should be in for a kicking next weekend and get us back to winning ways. Clean sheet is a must and three or four goals. They are capable just have to show it. COYB ?⚪️⚽️???????????

Oldham is exactly the sort of game where we stuff up.That's the problem.

I know it's stating the obvious but we just can't keep clean sheets.

Who was it who said that good attacking players win you games but good defensive units win you titles?

Last away clean sheet was against Bury in November.

Long way to go yet though, if we can somehow start keeping clean sheets then it will probably go to the last day.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Exactly maybe unbeaten in 18 but there's 7 draws in there. Equating to 14 points missed out on. A hell of a lot if you ask me.

Especially when you consider the opposition involved.

5 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Personally I think the Conway starting issue is a red herring. We didn’t set up to play defensively, the ball was predominantly in their half all game.

Biggest issues for me were:

1) When Mulgrew is out we are missing three of our best players: best defender, third top scorer and best taker of dead balls.

2) Dack did nothing. He had the ball plenty enough times but lost it most of the time.

3) We gifted two soft goals. In fact I can’t remember the last time someone actually earned a goal against us.

4) Raya didn’t pull off a wonder save.

5) Nobody else turned up either. Graham was completely anonymous first half, Armstrong is a greedy sod, fullbacks didn’t rampage, actually  Samuel was the only one to cause his marker trouble.

5) Mowbray could have subbed all 11 for my money.

Good point. At the time of his injury he was also joint top scorer.

We really do rely on Mulgrew.

Attack is the very best form of defence. We have all the tools in our armoury to tear every side in this league a new one.

Forget the opposition, home or away, just pick the team, encourage and let them loose to attack.

If we lose the odd game by being 'gung ho' then so what? we're unlikely to miss out on the play offs in any event.

44 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

My first away game for a few years today.

I went with 4 members of the Green Army and sat with the hostiles In the home end; So a few thoughts about the game.

Arygle were clearly up for it as were their fans. They recognised that Rovers had the better Individual players and we battered them throughout the second half.

The damage was done in the first half with a set piece goal and a breakaway from our corner.

For me Williams was our best player; looks very confident and rarely put a foot wrong.

Dack and Armstrong were ineffective; Smallwood, Bennett and Graham anonymous.Conway was willing but lacked the killer cross.

Downing was solid enough for this level as was Raya.

The Rovers that impressed the locals were Nyambe, Bell and Samuels although the latter is not a winger and I wanted him in the middle to meet his own crosses! Their poor left back was given a real roasting all game!

I asked the obvious question about us and Wigan and the view from my fellow passengers on the way back was that Rovers were as good as Wigan but they took their chances and we struggled in front of goal.

It was sad to see the run come to an end and in front of 1,300 away fans but Rovers have the players  to see us up this season. Mowbray was enraged at the 4th official all game but I thought the ref was good. I'm not too despondent tonight.

You saw a different game from me then 

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, 47er said:

Oldham is exactly the sort of game where we stuff up.That's the problem.

I actually think it's the kind of game we win however Shrewsbury will probably also win which means we are just treading water. 

Letting them get back in front of us could be critical 

24 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

First of all I've probably forgotten more games than you've been to so less of the 'Im a better fan than you crap' because you live 10 minutes away from your seat.

Second point, my reply was in response to Asia who claimed nobody wanted the manager sacking, we've a thread dedicated to it.

Finally nobody will dispute we were crap today, but one defeat since October is more than satisfactory, you'd think...But the usual hysteria on here is akin to a bunch of teenage girls getting first refusal on the lastest Justin Beiber tickets and from your reply it seems you've got yours.

EMBARRASSING.

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

I actually think it's the kind of game we win however Shrewsbury will probably also win which means we are just treading water. 

Letting them get back in front of us could be critical 

Having seen Shrewsbury twice Tom , I will be astounded if they keep this up ! 

A long way to go ...

I think everybody is so angry at the way we were beaten , not the fact

that we lost for the first time in 19 league games .Also the way Mowbray 

tinkers with the way we play instead of saying to them , right lads same

again don’t give them time to take a breath , ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK....

Just now, Gav said:

First of all I've probably forgotten more games than you've been to so less of the 'Im a better fan than you crap' because you live 10 minutes away from your seat.

Second point, my reply was in response to Asia who claimed nobody wanted the manager sacking, we've a thread dedicated to it.

Finally nobody will dispute we were crap today, but one defeat since October is more than satisfactory, you'd think...But the usual hysteria on here is akin to a bunch of teenage girls getting first refusal on the lastest Justin Beiber tickets and from your reply it seems you've got yours.

EMBARRASSING.

Picked on the wrong 'un with your opening sentence sunshine, how good's your memory? I Started against Palace in '67 but I'm sure you wouldn't wish to go down that route because there'd only be one winner and it certainly wouldn't be you. (I can't believe I'm being drawn but FFS)

You've clearly embarrassed yourself with your comments thus far and appear intent on embarrassing yourself further. 

Just now, Gav said:

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

EMBARRASSING.

First of all. you know nothing about him or how many games he's been to, so less of the I'm a better fan than you crap.

Second point, Asia's point was in response to this thread, today. Not one created in the midst of an indifferent spell. But you probably know that, you're just playing Mr opposite opinion to amuse yourself, as you've take to doing recently. What was the phrase? You used to be one of the better posters on here..

Finally, the only person behaving hysterically on here is you, you big girl. 

I am encouraged by Mowbray's mea culpa about today- suggests he will learn in time to steer us to promotion. Well, here's hoping!

By this stage of the season, the promotion sides have worked out what it is they have that the rest of the division cannot cope with. Promotion winners know by now how to play reliably to that proven strength. Sure, Manager's still  tweak tactics game to game to maximise damage to the opposition weaknesses and nullify their strengths but promotion winners keep a settled starting XI as far as they can and certainly don't abandon your aces when facing a side 11 places below you because they are a bit chunky. That is what Mowbray was guilty of today.

For Rovers, what is abundantly clear, defence is not the killer advantage it is for Shrewsbury and Wigan. And our defence will be at its best watching the ball in the opposition half every game to the end of the season. We are conceding more than a goal a game despite probably having the league's best keeper.

What we do have now are a number of players going forward who individually can really hurt the opposition. That is undoubtedly Rovers' key distinguishing advantage. When Armstrong and Payne signed, they both looked like players our opponents would have to man mark or lose track of them at their peril. It seemed so obvious that playing both of them with Dack all at the same time meant that what happened today simply couldn't happen against League 1 opposition.

Instead, today Armstrong was isolated, Graham faced physically strong opponents, but the killer was Plymouth having the luxury of effectively double man marking Dack out of the game. Yes Conway was solid but he wasn't HURTING Plymouth.

Had Payne played, Plymouth couldn't have doubled up on Dack because Payne would have been damaging them regardless of the threat of getting kicked. Payne being on the pitch would have not allowed Plymouth to double on Dack without giving one of the best attacking midfielders at this level the freedom of Home Park. His selection would have given Rovers the twin threats of Dack plus Payne rather than having no threat at all. Dack being able to play without two monsters round him would in turn have brought Armstrong and Graham much more into the game and Rovers would have been playing positively to our promotion winning strengths instead of timidly hoping we might nick it.

The substitutions today would have been OK had we been winning 2-0 but were anything but the game and formation changers we desperately needed at 0-2 down. Bizarrely ineffectual is the only way to describe the three sub decisions.

Sadly this is now 5 defeats this season and all 5 have to be blamed on the Manager getting his job wrong rather than the players. Let's hope he has learned... finally and Rovers play every remaining game to their strengths and Mowbray doesn't over think about the opposition.

Just now, BiggusMickus said:

First of all. you know nothing about him or how many games he's been to, so less of the I'm a better fan than you crap.

Second point, Asia's point was in response to this thread, today. Not one created in the midst of an indifferent spell. But you probably know that, you're just playing Mr opposite opinion to amuse yourself, as you've take to doing recently. What was the phrase? You used to be one of the better posters on here..

Thank you, I can't believe I've been 'WUMed' but there you go. I've no idea where he's coming from or what he's on.

I apologise for even engaging.

57 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

My first away game for a few years today.

I went with 4 members of the Green Army and sat with the hostiles In the home end; So a few thoughts about the game.

Arygle were clearly up for it as were their fans. They recognised that Rovers had the better Individual players and we battered them throughout the second half.

The damage was done in the first half with a set piece goal and a breakaway from our corner.

For me Williams was our best player; looks very confident and rarely put a foot wrong.

Dack and Armstrong were ineffective; Smallwood, Bennett and Graham anonymous.Conway was willing but lacked the killer cross.

Downing was solid enough for this level as was Raya.

The Rovers that impressed the locals were Nyambe, Bell and Samuels although the latter is not a winger and I wanted him in the middle to meet his own crosses! Their poor left back was given a real roasting all game!

I asked the obvious question about us and Wigan and the view from my fellow passengers on the way back was that Rovers were as good as Wigan but they took their chances and we struggled in front of goal.

It was sad to see the run come to an end and in front of 1,300 away fans but Rovers have the players  to see us up this season. Mowbray was enraged at the 4th official all game but I thought the ref was good. I'm not too despondent tonight.

Will have to disagree on a few things there. Raya was poor, caught out of position a few times and his distribution was poor. Bell probably looked like he had the most to offer but overall a very poor performance, second half was no improvement. Ref was middle of the road. Freezed my bloody arse off as well! 

11 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Picked on the wrong 'un with your opening sentence sunshine, how good's your memory? I Started against Palace in '67 but I'm sure you wouldn't wish to go down that route because there'd only be one winner and it certainly wouldn't be you. (I can't believe I'm being drawn but FFS)

You've clearly embarrassed yourself with your comments thus far and appear intent on embarrassing yourself further. 

Point still stands super fan - Put your c0ck away and next time have a think before you get involved in arguments you can't win.   

13 minutes ago, BiggusMickus said:

Very touching Reidy :wub: 

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

Point still stands super fan - Put your c0ck away and next time have a think before you get involved in arguments you can't win.   

What are you on Gav?

It's you that thinks you're the 'super fan' based on your statement 'I've forgotten more games than you've been to'. If you want an argument, then bring on a sensible one. I just batted back your original, ludicrous comment (of which there have been many of late) regarding myself. I'm not a 'super fan', just one long standing and fifth generation fan and proud of it, nowt wrong with that in my book or should I apologise.

Out of interest little fella, what's the argument I can't win in your eyes?

Ridiculous debate and I apologise to everyone else.

Just now, JAL said:

For those at the game how did Joe Nuttall perform seems to have been on for the last half hour yet the match text supplied by the BBC doesn't seem to mention much of him.

I forgot he even came onto the pitch. So the BBC match text is about right.

Archived